Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2012, 10:01 PM

26,212 posts, read 19,509,699 times

Advertisements

How on earth can people support someone who protested in FAVOR of the Vietnam war and then fled to France?

This is the kind of cowardice and hypocrisy that should be just as important to voters as Romney saying he does not care about 47% of Americans.

At least Romney can say his words were taken out of context, but there is no disputing that, like George W. Bush before him, he tucked tail and avoided serving in Vietnam when he had the chance. Even W. didn't flee to France, though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2012, 10:22 PM

24,396 posts, read 26,932,004 times
I agree, he got off the hook with Vietnam by spreading Mormonism in France. I hate when a leader is so PRO war, yet never served. Not even one of his kids served in the military either, ridiculous.

Old 10-14-2012, 10:32 PM

26,212 posts, read 19,509,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
I agree, he got off the hook with Vietnam by spreading Mormonism in France. I hate when a leader is so PRO war, yet never served. Not even one of his kids served in the military either, ridiculous.

Team Chicken Hawk. Mitt Romney and his 5 sons. No Military service. Shame. - YouTube

Old 10-14-2012, 10:37 PM

2,366 posts, read 1,646,212 times
Great idea! The hell with focusing on jobs and the economy! This election is all about "important issues," so let's just dig up dirt on both candidates!

Old 10-14-2012, 10:42 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,179,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
I feel the same way. I hate pro war people that never go to fight in those same wars.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizonite View Post
Great idea! The hell with focusing on jobs and the economy! This election is all about "important issues," so let's just dig up dirt on both candidates!
I agree with the sarcasm. Its time for this country to get over the national headache that was Vietnam. Enough of that already as a campaign issue.

Old 10-15-2012, 12:15 AM

1,599 posts, read 3,132,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
How on earth can people support someone who protested in FAVOR of the Vietnam war and then fled to France?

This is the kind of cowardice and hypocrisy that should be just as important to voters as Romney saying he does not care about 47% of Americans.

At least Romney can say his words were taken out of context, but there is no disputing that, like George W. Bush before him, he tucked tail and avoided serving in Vietnam when he had the chance. Even W. didn't flee to France, though.
I think if the d'RAT's tried that, they would have to come up with some kind of a lie for O'bummer's war record. Maybe they just haven't thought of one yet.:thi nk: Romny was doing four years of public service, which is required of Mormans.

Old 10-15-2012, 12:49 AM

13,221 posts, read 12,314,576 times
Quote:
No, this is very important since he is pushing for military intervention in Syria and or Iran. If you have children or grandchildren that are eligible to be indoctrinated for war there is a good chance that they might go since the economy will still be jacked up (or worst) if mitt gets in. Best believe that none of his boys are going to serve.

Old 10-15-2012, 01:08 AM

8,276 posts, read 12,854,528 times
Quote:

The economy and jobs have and continue to improve.... Next!

Old 10-15-2012, 01:10 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,779,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinylly View Post
I think if the d'RAT's tried that, they would have to come up with some kind of a lie for O'bummer's war record. Maybe they just haven't thought of one yet.:thi nk: Romny was doing four years of public service, which is required of Mormans.
And Obama did community service when he could have served his country. Oh, if he served his country it would mean that volunteered!!! Yes, I see the difference.

Is there some requirement that every politican had to serve in the military or their children serve or be active in the military?

Some people think Clinton avoided the draft, which is not the case. His number never came up.

Old 10-15-2012, 01:22 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,436,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
And Obama did community service when he could have served his country. Oh, if he served his country it would mean that volunteered!!! Yes, I see the difference.

Is there some requirement that every politican had to serve in the military or their children serve or be active in the military?

Some people think Clinton avoided the draft, which is not the case. His number never came up.

And we can always talk about Obama's no record, which everyone seems to avoid! and no depending which part of the Country you live in, some States are not doing well at all.

We can talk about the Video Movie fiasco, which was nothing but a friggin lie from day one, trying to protect their butt's. Liars do not even lie well.

And not since the 70"s have we had a Amabassador killed as poor Steven's was. Thanks to this administation, no matter how you choose to cut it. On his watch. 4 americans killed, nothing to be proud of.

Those people needed more security but were denied, you figure it out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections