Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2012, 08:50 AM

7,214 posts, read 9,394,916 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by deevel79 View Post
I laugh. When Romney is aggressive and interuptive, his supporters describe him as "passionate". When Obama or Biden is aggressive and interuptive, the rupubs label them rude and angry!
Yup. Quite the double standard.

I don't think it's about "attacking." Obama just has to show some emotion and passion tonight. He came off as looking tired and passive in the last debate. He can't do that again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2012, 08:51 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,818,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deevel79 View Post
I laugh. When Romney is aggressive and interuptive, his supporters describe him as "passionate". When Obama or Biden is aggressive and interuptive, the rupubs label them rude and angry!
Because these people are utter idiots. I couldn't care less about them.

I do want to see Obama interrupt and question EVERY falsehood and flip-flop that Romney is guaranteed to use, and of course with facts. Obama's weakness in the first debate was to be respectful and assuming of the viewers being aware of facts. Instead, the same old talking points we've seen over last four years were deemed "great".

Old 10-16-2012, 08:54 AM

9,963 posts, read 18,499,454 times
Like attacking a Hydra:

Old 10-16-2012, 09:03 AM

1,422 posts, read 2,303,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaseMan View Post
Yup. Quite the double standard.

I don't think it's about "attacking." Obama just has to show some emotion and passion tonight. He came off as looking tired and passive in the last debate. He can't do that again.
I agree. I thought Obama seemed very, very distracted at the last debate. His mind was clearly elsewhere.

I am expecting to see him more focused and fully engaged with the audience and Romney tonight. He really needs to be.

Old 10-16-2012, 09:06 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,745,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by London Girl View Post
I agree. I thought Obama seemed very, very distracted at the last debate. His mind was clearly elsewhere.

I am expecting to see him more focused and fully engaged with the audience and Romney tonight. He really needs to be.
Can you blame him...he is only the president and it was his 20th anniversary ....

Old 10-16-2012, 09:06 AM

9,963 posts, read 18,499,454 times
Quote:

Romney will be ready for this, he is a slick business dude with years of experience screwing people over.

I think Obama would best be polite and exact.

Old 10-16-2012, 09:18 AM

23,416 posts, read 37,001,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Obama is waking up after his bad debate of 2 weeks ago and it seems that the Obama camp liked the "joker" laughing stock attack of Joe "the Gaffe machine" Biden and wants now to go on the attack.

Does Obama really believes after all the tapes that already have been shown on tv how he (Obama) in the past had asked for more politeness....

Does Obama really believes by attacking a man with a record will make his record look better?

Does Obama really believes that the unemployed and students who had to move back in with their parents are still waiting for his hope and change which took all their change but left them without hope!

Btw to all the Obama lovers who believe that the signs vanished from the yards in Florida.....they first had to be there to be taken! .
Nothing factual in the OP.
Why am I not surprised?

Old 10-16-2012, 09:19 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,855,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Crowley will do it for him.
Laying the groundwork already?

Old 10-16-2012, 11:17 AM

14,473 posts, read 20,652,743 times
Quote:
Exactly.

One can be on the offensive very effectively without resorting to "displays of aggressiveness" which would not be appropriate in this debate.
And the voters are intelligent enough to know that a person does not have to be a great debater to be a good president.

Old 10-16-2012, 01:21 PM

89,013 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by howard555 View Post
And the voters are intelligent enough to know that a person does not have to be a great debater to be a good president.
Obama is neither, so there you go...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections