Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-16-2012, 09:47 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,182,122 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Obama is surging on Intrade!
Obama was at 80% 2 weeks ago, he's now at 65.3
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

6,500 posts, read 6,044,307 times
Default Did Obama ever actually answer the question on Libya?

I dont think he did. Now cant remember. Wasnt he just side stepping it?

12,436 posts, read 11,962,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenwoodlakemove View Post
sounds legit and unbiased to me
The people who participated watch Fox. That is how they found out about the focus group. Yeah, real legit.

Old 10-16-2012, 09:48 PM

25,856 posts, read 16,555,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Heck, I would of said I was an "undecided voter" to get to go to a presidential debate.
Exactly! I would love to be there.

10,553 posts, read 9,660,152 times
Originally Posted by Earlyretired
0bama admitted to being a gun grabber, Romney dodged it, either way gun sales should skyrocket!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by badhornet View Post
True......prices will way higher tomorrow
Obama did not say one thing about limiting gun sales. He talked about banning assault weapons. There is a difference.

1,077 posts, read 3,240,286 times
Romney has the advantage in that he can pick apart the current president. If he wins, the democrat nominee in 2016 will have the same advantage. Classic case of people falling in love with the back up quarterback.

I just can't look past Romney's sleaziness. The guy just make me cringe when he tries to be compassionate, it is not natural for him.

46,001 posts, read 35,223,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
I've already said Obama won the debate, MULTIPLE TIMES.. Hell the debate I linked you to had Obama at 10 points higher than Romney..

Are all Obama voters this dumb?
No, I just love hearing you say Obama won over and over, and you also said the poll you linked to be most accurate, but now say it isn't. But nonetheless, Obama won the debate and pgh is willing to admit it! Talk about a great debate indeed.

20,129 posts, read 16,186,419 times
Didn't offend me. I'm a woman and an ordinary American. I get what he is saying, and tend to agree.

My whole generation of women managed to survive and thrive without demanding others pay for our birth control. I say this as someone who thinks from a business standpoint that any insurance company is insane to not pay for birth control - it's so much cheaper than a living breathing baby.

1,422 posts, read 2,305,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Really? Romney shouldn't have pushed Obama on the Benghazi attack and accusing Obama of not caring about Chris Stevens was slanderous and hateful. He first said what he needed to, and he would have scored points, but he wouldn't let it go, which was a big mistake IMO. Many people wouldn't have bothered to look up the transcript of Obama's speech in which he definitely used the word "terror." On 9/11 Obama was visiting Arlington cemetery, veterans at Walter Reed Hospital, not campaigning, and Romney tried to paint a picture of a man without a soul. Obama was very patient and just said "look at the transcript." Romney screwed up. He was the one who turned the death of 4 Americans into a political campaign speech even before the families were notified or the death of Chris Stevens could be confirmed. He said Obama apologized, which is something the Republicans have been lying about for over a month.

The day after the attack Obama said:

Remarks by the President on the Deaths of U.S. Embassy Staff in Libya | The White House

"No acts of terror will ever shake the resolve of this great nation, alter that character, or eclipse the light of the values that we stand for. Today we mourn four more Americans who represent the very best of the United States of America. We will not waver in our commitment to see that justice is done for this terrible act. And make no mistake, justice will be done."

Obama made no apology and he definitely used the words "acts of terror" in his response to the attack on the consulate.
Good post.

9,879 posts, read 8,029,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
He overwhelmingly showed that he deserves a second term.
Funny, I didn't come to that same conclusion....

but, as Obama said to Mitt defacto: "Proceed" ....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections