Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-17-2012, 12:22 AM

20,460 posts, read 26,324,704 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Civilian is a person not serving in military or a person who does not belong to a particular group or engage in a particular activity. Any activity pursued by an ordinary citizen can be called a civilian pursuit.

The people there absolutely not civilian.. They are there to engage in international affairs, and are NOT ordinary citizens..

For gods sakes, they fall under the federal government State Department, and they asked for special operation soldiers to be put into place to protect them, and two special force members were killed

Last time I checked, special operation SOLDIERS, nor special forces, werent civil...

USS Cole clearly isnt civilian either.. Come on man, think.. I know its hard, its late.. but stop saying dumb things so easily answered.
I see, you don't like the definition of civilian so you make up your own.
State Department employees such as the embassador (and most of the others who were likely present) are NOT serving in the military and are thus CIVILIANS and last I heard it wasn't JUST the special forces soldiers who were KILLED.

But whatever, you live in your own little Pghquest reality and that's fine. The rest of us live in the REAL WORLD.

Ken
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2012, 12:23 AM

1,290 posts, read 2,568,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. Attempting to convince us military targets cannot be victims of terrorist attack because they're military assets is insane.
What makes a terrorist attack different than a military attack? Spare me the long, drawn out explanation of uniforms, nations at war, etc. What is the bare bones difference?

Old 10-17-2012, 12:27 AM

20,460 posts, read 26,324,704 times
Quote:
You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. Attempting to convince us military targets cannot be victims of terrorist attack because they're military assets is insane.
No it's not insane, merely DISHONEST.
Pghquest twists and turns however he needs to in order to never admit he's wrong. It happens all the time.

Anyway, I'm off to bed.
It was a good debate and will likely halt Romneys' recent gains.

Ken

Old 10-17-2012, 12:27 AM

12,642 posts, read 15,595,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
The FBI says your wrong.
The US Navy tossed your entire misguided definition in the trash.

Deal with it. You have no clue what you're talking about. None.

Old 10-17-2012, 12:29 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,093,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
I see, you don't like the definition of civilian so you make up your own.
State Department employees such as the embassador (and most of the others who were likely present) are NOT serving in the military and are thus CIVILIANS and last I heard it wasn't JUST the special forces soldiers who were KILLED.

But whatever, you live in your own little Pghquest reality and that's fine. The rest of us live in the REAL WORLD.

Ken
I quoted the legal dictionary, and since you said I just made up the definition because it proved you wrong, I'll now laugh at you like I alwasy do..

Civilian Law & Legal Definition

If ONE person wasnt a civilian, than its not a dam civilian attack. They attacked a dam embassy for gods sakes.

According to your argument, if someone bombs the Pentagon, and kills a tourist, then everyone who died must be lumped together as civilians.. Thats pretty dam dumb.. But hey, I'm used to that from you.

Old 10-17-2012, 12:30 AM

12,642 posts, read 15,595,893 times
Quote:
Pghquest twists and turns however he needs to in order to never admit he's wrong. It happens all the time.

Anyway, I'm off to bed.

Ken
I agree. It's his MO. I'm out as well.

Romney will see a negative change in the polls, I suspect he's created a larger gap with women.

Quote:
The US Navy tossed your entire misguided definition in the trash.

Deal with it. You have no clue what you're talking about. None.
The US Navy is MILITARY action with actions held in a MILITARY COURT, not civil. Them calling things a terrorist attack actually proves you wrong because they dont get tried in our criminal system, and you dont even comprehend that.. haha..

41,110 posts, read 25,724,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunkisses87 View Post
If we are going by substance, than Mitt didn't do much better answering certain questions. We still don't know what deductions and loopholes he'll do for his tax plan, and even Marc Rubio couldn't say what they are--and yet it wasn't a "losing" point because people apparently don't always value substance and accuracy in responses. There were questions that neither candidate answered throughout the debate. The reason Mitt lost this particular question is because he got overly aggressive and pointed his finger at Obama about a comment that Obama DID make, that he claimed Obama did not make, and the moderator came out and agreed with Obama-this made Mitt look stupid and ended up "costing" him what could have been a "win"-- especially when the audience clapped. Mitt looked weak, and defeated in those moments and it "cost" him that win. There were also other times throughout the debate where Obama made certain jabs that made the audience laugh, clap, etc. Mitt never had those "moments" the way Obama did. It made him look like the unfavorable "guy".
When you are being lied to and the media covers Obama's butt. Guess you will have to hear all the times when Obama, who instead of scheduling his "Intel" briefings he jetted off to Vegas kept telling Americans that it was because of the video instead of admitting that it was a terrorist attack.

The president was caught lying to the American people, his "the world is a safer place because bin Laden is dead" is now proven to be a farce. If you think it was ok for Obama to go to Vegas after a terrorist attack you are giving Obama a pass just like the left wing media.

You will see all the videos real soon. Enjoy.

Old 10-17-2012, 12:31 AM

Quote:

Anyway, I'm off to bed.

Ken
Wait, you mean your going to bed before telling me how raising the tax rates to the Clinton years will create 23 million new jobs? Oh come on Lord.. it shouldnt be that difficult for you to explain since you've been high 5ng the idea for ages...

Old 10-17-2012, 12:35 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,697,090 times
Quote:
This was one of the crazier things he said tonight.

Yet another lie apparently.

The Binder Story Was Another Lie? - The Dish | By Andrew Sullivan - The Daily Beast
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections