Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-17-2012, 06:32 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,315,673 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
Willard ended up making an ass out of himself again in front of millions of people. It was pretty despicable how he acted like he could care less what an audience member's question was for him when they were speaking to him. He arrogantly and disrespectfully deflected away back to another, completely unrelated issue.
You mean, Obama here, right? That's what Obama did all night, just like in the first debate. This is the real Obama.

For a fleeting instant, Americans saw Obama the way that Putin, Jiang, Khamanei, and Jihadis see him. It was not an impressive sight, and it cannot be made up for.

Read more: Blog: The Moment Obama Folded
Quote:

That plus Obama stating "can you say that again and louder Candy?" when Willard was caught spreading lies again was the highlight of the night
Except that Crowley admitted later that she was wrong, as we all knew she was. Romney was right.
Quote:

After Biden kicking ass and now Obama, I can't want to see the new poll numbers
Biden did nothing of the sort. He was the ass.

Yeah, I can't wait to see the poll numbers too!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2012, 06:33 AM

28,900 posts, read 30,279,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MantaRay View Post
There is a logical reason Obama did that. When he came into office, job losses were on the rate of 800,000 per month and we were steeped in the 2nd worst recession in US history. Those losses and that recession had NOTHING to do with Obama policies. Yet the losses and recession were happening UNDER HIS ADMINISTRATION. So it makes total sense to focus on what you did to turn the ship rather than try to take responsibility for the job losses already happening when you first took the helm of the ship.

If a guy is getting pummelled in the street by a bully, and you step in, wrestle the bully off, run the bully away from the scene, administer first aid to the victim, get the guy up on his feet and begin helping him get to a hospital, it would make total sense for you to discuss how you have helped the guy rather than take credit for the beating he was getting when you first got involved. And instead of Republicans acknowledging the reality, when the hero says "you know, that guy has had it ROUGH the past few minutes" Republicans scoff and say "SEE, he ADMITS that his policy of running off the bully and administering first aid has resulted in the victim having it rough." They totally misconstrue the reality because they so want the president to take the lumps for the losses during the initial part of his administration when he was handed a hand-grenade by the Bush administration. Bravo for the president not sitting idly by and accepting responsibility for that. Bravo for the president focusing on what he did to TURN the ship and the results in job creation that have followed.

What you call cherry-picking here is really separating out what was happening to jobs when he took office and when he was first beginning to put in policies to turn the ship versus what has happened SINCE he put in those policies to turn the ship. And it makes all the sense in the world to do exactly that. It's not hiding from his record, it's correctly wanting credit for turning the ship, and correctly not wanting responsibility from the direction the Bush economy ship was headed in the early months of Obama's administration. Who wants to take responsibility for the beating when they were the one to step in, run the bully off, and administer first aid? It simply wouldn't make sense to do so.
You made some very good points...and it's all about perception, isn't it? And the political suicide that you referred to in your other post, was right on, however, a man who comes forth and admits that, might be a good candidate to run the country, in my book....we American's are so uninformed...and what it takes is people to become a whole lot more tollerent, to stop supporting corrupt parties and those who think they are entitled, right dow to the CEO running companies. It makes me sick that they "THINK" they are better then anyone else, so much so, they don't have to follow rules the company itself has implemented....??????? Who are these people? I remember a time, when those people realized, without the workers under them, they wouldn't be where they are, and giving thanks....today, those people who run our huge companies are as corrupt as politicians. It's a ripple effect...which is spreading throughout and within....

Old 10-17-2012, 06:33 AM

10,092 posts, read 8,207,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
But what did he say?? Undecideds still thought Romney was better on substance! All Obama did was look meaner and tougher.

But it was the same old thing......AND HE STILL COULDN'T DEFEND HIS RECORD!!

All he could say was "Not true" "Not True".........Romney countered everything!

Oh .....and thank you Candy Crowley for confirming that the media is in the tank for the Dems.
Where do you come up with your numbers?

A CBS News/Knowledge poll of undecided voters said Obama won 37 to Romney's 30%, with 33% calling it a tie. Instant Reaction Polls Show Narrow Obama Advantage in Second Debate - NYTimes.com

In the CNN/ORC poll of actual debate watchers, Obama won 46-39%
Poll of polls: Obama won in the second presidential debate vs Romney - New York economy and politics | Examiner.com

I didn't go looking for the actual polls--I'm sure they'll be widely available later today--but according to Nate Silver (NYT link above) a Battleground poll of likely voters in swing states gave it to Obama 53-38%.

A Google Consumer Surveys poll of registered voters gave the debate to Obama 48-31%.

A Public Policy Polling survey of Colorado voters watching the debate gave it to Obama 48-44, but in the same survey independent voters thought Obama won 58-36%

I'm not including the polls from states going democratic vs. swing states, because they're obviously going to support Obama. I can't find a poll that says Romney won this one.

Old 10-17-2012, 06:37 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,861,032 times
I've tweeted the Mythster to find out where I can find one of those "binders of women", but I am not getting a response... Even as old as I am, that could be occasionally useful.

Old 10-17-2012, 06:37 AM

23,416 posts, read 37,012,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stayinformed40 View Post
Oh I am sure you are capable of doing your own research and spinning it. But nice try!
Hmmmmm, you must have been watching a different debate last night.

Old 10-17-2012, 06:38 AM

4,209 posts, read 3,590,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post

A CBS News/Knowledge poll of undecided voters said Obama won 37 to Romney's 30%, with 33% calling it a tie. Instant Reaction Polls Show Narrow Obama Advantage in Second Debate - NYTimes.com

Poll of polls: Obama won in the second presidential debate vs Romney - New York economy and politics | Examiner.com

I didn't go looking for the actual polls--I'm sure they'll be widely available later today--but according to Nate Silver (NYT link above) a Battleground poll of likely voters in swing states gave it to Obama 53-38%.

A Google Consumer Surveys poll of registered voters gave the debate to Obama 48-31%.

A Public Policy Polling survey of Colorado voters watching the debate gave it to Obama 48-44, but in the same survey independent voters thought Obama won 58-36%

I'm not including the polls from states going democratic vs. swing states, because they're obviously going to support Obama. I can't find a poll that says Romney won this one.
Not hard to find.

Blog: Inside last night's polls, big trouble for Obama

And even better...

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?feature...layer_embedded

Old 10-17-2012, 06:40 AM

12,642 posts, read 15,602,495 times
Cool hmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
I cannot consume the fact that everyone thought Crowley did a horrible job....
She actually came in and said, "he did" when Obama said he admitted in the Rose Garden that it was a terrorist attack". He did not...he talked about terrorisum, but did not admit it was a terrorist attack, I remember him stating along with Hilary, that this was a protest, resulting from that vile, dirty rotten video that came out and attacked the muslim belief. It was in fact, a guise of a protest, that terrorists used rocket launchers....

Perhaps your memory is flawed. The President didn't say protest, he did says acts of terror.

President Obama Speaks on the Attack on Benghazi - YouTube

Old 10-17-2012, 06:40 AM

6,500 posts, read 6,038,973 times
Default MSNBC Undecided voter panel swayed by....Romney

MSNBC Undecided Voter Panel Leans More Toward Romney After Debate - YouTube

Not such a clear victory after all. The undecided panel on Fox also swayed Romney and even had two Obama voters going to Romney.

CNN/CBS insta polls for economy had Romney win big. He won on taxes, deficit, and health care also.

Obama did have a better debate than last time but if you look at the key issues, Obama loses.

Old 10-17-2012, 06:42 AM

10,092 posts, read 8,207,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stayinformed40 View Post
So rather than reading real news from a variety of reputable sources or dealing with real facts from scientifically run polls, you're basing everything on a blog post in the American Thinker? No wonder we're a dumb country.

Since you edited your post, I'm adding to mine. This is comical--they cherry picked the only positive data they could find on specific issues out of all of the polls I cited, and they're calling that a win. Good grief..

Old 10-17-2012, 06:43 AM

6,500 posts, read 6,038,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post

You fail to look at the details. MSNBC panel and Fox panel, they were swayed by Romney. CNN and CBS poll breakdown had Romney winning big on economy. Won on taxes, deficit, health care also.

Just because some thought Obama did a good job debating, doesnt mean he did a good job on substance of key issues.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections