Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-17-2012, 07:14 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,797,346 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
I hate the town hall format. If you are undecided this late in the game, and so uninformed to have to ask some of the questions that were asked, you really shouldnt vote. If you arent going to do your own homework and wait until 3 weeks before hand to pay attention, then for God's sake, stay home and dont vote. Go back to your celebrity gossip or whatever it else you spend your time doing.
The askers likely know more than the typical voter in either party who votes party, regardless of who.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2012, 07:16 AM

28,958 posts, read 30,311,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maseman View Post
yeah, keep trying to split hairs and say that "acts of terror" isn't just another way of saying "terrorism." keep pushing that line, neo-cons.
i'm not a neocon, i'm an independent, and i know what i heard on tv...and the news....

Old 10-17-2012, 07:16 AM

1,991 posts, read 3,972,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
yes, he did, he was speaking about 911, not Benghazi....
FALSE. See above post with the actual excerpt of the speech and discussion of the excerpt. To say he was not speaking about Benghazi is to totally deny reality and to be part of the attempt to perpetuate the Romney lie when people who can actually read English can see from the speech that President Obama WAS talking about Benghazi.

Old 10-17-2012, 07:17 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,129,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
How come all of the people asking questions had to read them? Aren't those supposedly their questions?

How savvy would you be if you were standing before two powerhouses? It's not a conspiracy.

Old 10-17-2012, 07:18 AM

7,214 posts, read 9,403,369 times
Quote:
i'm not a neocon, i'm an independent, and i know what i heard on tv...and the news....
Well, if you know what you saw and heard, then why keep trying to split hairs with grammar semantics?

Old 10-17-2012, 07:18 AM

1,991 posts, read 3,972,796 times
Quote:
No where does he state that it was a TERRORIST Attack,
To those who understand English, act of terror = terrorist attack. To suggest otherwise is to engage in some weird bizarro-anti-logic.

Old 10-17-2012, 07:22 AM

89,083 posts, read 44,917,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempusFugitive View Post
MSNBC swaying ROMNEY? Aside from the inexplicably delusional, I would say nobody saw that coming.
Why not? Romney clearly beat Obama on many of the issues that matter most to voters... the economy, taxes, the deficit, and health care.
Quote:
If you saw that coming, I would suggest you are probably psychic.
Psychic? No, I just watched the debate like all those others who saw Romney beat Obama on the important issues.

Old 10-17-2012, 07:23 AM

7,214 posts, read 9,403,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MantaRay View Post
To those who understand English, act of terror = terrorist attack. To suggest otherwise is to engage in some weird bizarro-anti-logic.
Most of the Republicans have been living in Bizarro Land for the past four years, trying to fight some imagined up Bizarro version of Barack Obama.

Old 10-17-2012, 07:25 AM

998 posts, read 1,216,339 times
It was wrong for the moderator Candice to inject her misleading terror fact-check into the debate. Obama never said the Benghazi killing was an act of terror in his rose garden address.

I watched the debate on CNN & their timers showed Obama talked 5 minutes longer than Romney. Every time Romney tried to get equal time to make his point the moderator Candice would shut him down. She was defiantly trying to make Romney look bad. Romney had to be assertive & step on her toes because she would have shut him out & let Obama do all the talking.

Old 10-17-2012, 07:26 AM

39,093 posts, read 51,289,449 times
Biden schools Ryan and Obama makes mincemeat of Romney - all in less than a week!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections