Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-17-2012, 08:59 AM

6,476 posts, read 7,320,658 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
Yes, willard hiding his tax filings is "suspicious"
The Obamas (yes, both of 'em) hiding their academic records and writings is pretty suspicious too, no?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2012, 09:01 AM

3,478 posts, read 7,252,383 times
She should have said nothing during the debate and let the candidates play it out.

Old 10-17-2012, 09:03 AM

88,971 posts, read 44,780,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaseMan View Post
Honestly, it's just hilarious at this point that the neo-cons are trying to make some huge issue out of the Benghazi incident. Yes, it was a tragedy, but in the grand scheme of things the events and the followups on it mean very little to the American people at large.
Hillary doesn't think so...

Hillary Clinton 3 AM Campaign Ad - YouTube

Old 10-17-2012, 09:03 AM

39,072 posts, read 51,199,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaseMan View Post
Honestly, it's just hilarious at this point that the neo-cons are trying to make some huge issue out of the Benghazi incident. Yes, it was a tragedy, but in the grand scheme of things the events and the followups on it mean very little to the American people at large. Romney looked petty trying to exploit it the day after, and he looked petty trying to exploit it last night.
I think to the average voter you are right. Same with his hauling out F&F on the question of assault weapons. But the debate was more about appealing to the base and the right wing media has whipped the faithful into a frenzy over these things. So while they are a non-issue for the vast majority of America, they ring true with the hard core supporters that Romney is trying to get to the polls.

Old 10-17-2012, 09:04 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,800,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
His 5 point plan is all over the place..

Mitt Romney's 5-point plan for the economy - The Term Sheet: Fortune's deals blog Term Sheet

Where is Obamas plan?

Not in a book of fairy tales and myths!

At Last Night’s Debate: Romney Told 31 Myths In 41 Minutes

Old 10-17-2012, 09:07 AM

88,971 posts, read 44,780,079 times
WH Press Secretary Jay Carney STILL insisting on September 19th, more than 1 week after the attack, that it wasn't pre-planned or premeditated. Note the WH Press Corps's astonished response at the ongoing Obama Admin LIES about Libya...

Carney maintains Libya attack was not preplanned - YouTube

Old 10-17-2012, 09:08 AM

37 posts, read 31,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
WH Press Secretary Jay Carney STILL insisting on September 19th, more than 1 week after the attack, that it wasn't pre-planned or premeditated. Note the WH Press Corps's astonished response at the ongoing Obama Admin LIES about Libya...

Carney maintains Libya attack was not preplanned - YouTube
That does not mean that it wasn't a terror attack.

Old 10-17-2012, 09:09 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,719,480 times
Let's break it down for "Unsuccessful people"

1. Entitlement - majority of Obama's supporters
2. Hold a grudge - hate conservatives because most of us are members of the 1%
3. Take all the credit of their victories - like the Bin Laden
4. Blame Others for their failures - it is all Bush fault - typical argument especially liberals on this forum
5. Criticize - see above
6. Exude anger - just read the liberals posting on this forum

Old 10-17-2012, 09:12 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,015,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Of course not, Romney loves being rich, I am sure he would love to be even richer, heck, I am sure he would take money from employees to make himself richer.....oh wait, he already did that.
Sorry, but I hope this isn't an issue that you are basing your vote on, because
you might as surely as I type become successful in America. You will be asked
to give the fruits of "your" labor to the federal government to spend on "whatever".

This isn't an issue of the have and have not(s) anymore. It's an issue of
accountability and representation:

If I were you, I would begrudge "Anyone" who simply wants to tax your hard
earned work; I don't care if it's from a minimum wage job or CEO.

If the candidate isn't for getting rid of the Individual Raping of Persons (IRS)
I'd find a candidate that "really" represents your best interest...

IMO, that would be third party (Johnson) Libertarian.

The other two candidates - just smoke and mirrors.

Old 10-17-2012, 09:13 AM

1,320 posts, read 1,247,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
He did. I'm not providing one of the hundreds of links that confirm that The POTUS in fact called it "an act of terror" the very next day in The Rose Garden, although I have on many posts. Find them yourself.
i think thats up for debate no matter how many links you provided.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections