Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-17-2012, 09:47 AM

1,320 posts, read 1,248,972 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsmoove View Post
So the fact that he stated that the attacks were "an act of terror" in televised remarks are up for debate? The education level of this nation is really sad.
what you stated is not true. he did not directly call those specific acts a "terror attack".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2012, 09:52 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,249,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavaturaccioli View Post
The Obamas (yes, both of 'em) hiding their academic records and writings is pretty suspicious too, no?
No. Hiding academic records is not a FELONY, but, willard failing to supply his questionable tax filings is suspicious especially if he had deposits into swiss bank account/s. Which would have been a FELONY, which would make willard ineligible to be President of the United States.

But I'm glad you brought up academic records, did you know willard was academically challenged/deficient?

Quote:
Not particularly athletic, he also did not distinguish himself academically
Quote:
During his final year there, he improved academically but fell short of excellence.

Old 10-17-2012, 09:52 AM

89,083 posts, read 44,917,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenwoodlakemove View Post
Again

They were referring specifically to the statement made in the Rose Garden... in which it was referred to as a terror attack.

President Obama Speaks on the Attack on Benghazi - YouTube
The attack on Libya was not referred to as a terrorist attack.

The exact phrase was “no acts of terror will ever shake the resolve of this great nation.” Obama wasn't clear as to whether he was referencing the specific coordinated terrorist attack in Libya, or the terrorist act of September 11, 2001. This lack of specificity is further evidenced by the fact that Obama referenced the anti-Islam video in this same speech, and placed its reference toward the beginning implying its significance as the primary cause of the attack.

Obama's position that the video was the supposed cause of the attack was then furthered by multiple days of administration officials denying the tragedy in Libya was terrorist related. And Obama, weeks AFTER the murder of Ambassador Stevens, went to the United Nations and again referenced the YouTube video while never ONCE directly calling the ambassador’s murder the result of a terrorist attack.

Obama's September 25th speech to the U.N. blaming the attack on the U.S. Embassy on the YouTube video:
Quote:
"There’s no video that justifies an attack on an embassy."
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/09/26/wo...pagewanted=all

Old 10-17-2012, 09:54 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,223,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
I reserve the word "hate" for folks that have really done "damage"....
I hold very few in that regard, e.g. Dick Cheney would be "it" for me.

Obama has run out of talking points and his financial record is atrocious.
I'm not even going to get into the Libya thing, except to say -
we should never have been there in the first place.
Dennis Kucinich says what needs to be said about Obama's Libya war, better than I ever could

I am not naive. I know Gary Johnson won't be our next President.
I'm just happy I'm not contributing to the two party system.
I've always said, if it's not broke - don't fix it.
Guess what - our system is broke...big time.

If you actually believe Obama is going to be any different the "next" four years,
I think you need to change your name, because clearly you have not walked
many a city street....
I use the word "hate" in a political sense, as a politician, I hate Romney, I don't know him as a person and I am sure he is probably an okay guy.

Well I see the economy improving with private sector jobs increasing each money, and I personally wish to see us stay on that course and improve our country gradually rather than through bubbles. Our system being broken has been a talking point for a long, long time. I don't think any one politician is going to "fix" the system, I believe the system is a reflection of the American people, if we wish to change the system, then we need to change ourselves first.

That is fine that you wish to vote for Johnson, that is your right as an American to vote for who you think is right, much like it is my right to vote for who I think is right.

Actually I don't want Obama to be different, I do like to see Congress be different (they are sitting with the lowest approval rating in history, and that is a problem.)

And my handle name has nothing to do with politics, it is about my love for the urban lifestyle and I have been using that handle name for a good part of a decade, so I don't see any changes with it coming any time soon.

Old 10-17-2012, 09:58 AM

1,320 posts, read 1,248,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenwoodlakemove View Post
"the us condemns this "outrageous and shocking attack" - :52 - no mention of terror.

1:51 - "attackers" not terrorists

4:20 - he mentions the word "terror" as a whole or in general. No reference to the attacks. It was a shrewd way of injecting it into the conversation.

Why does Obama refuse to use the word terror? What fantasy world is he living in?

Old 10-17-2012, 10:00 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,028,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
The attack on Libya was not referred to as a terrorist attack.

The exact phrase was “no acts of terror will ever shake the resolve of this great nation.â€
Obama was just looking for a FDR or dare I say A Bush JR quote moment. Fail.
Especially since the Libya situation was self induced.

Old 10-17-2012, 10:01 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,223,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Follower Of X View Post
"the us condemns this "outrageous and shocking attack" - :52 - no mention of terror.

1:51 - "attackers" not terrorists

4:20 - he mentions the word "terror" as a whole or in general. No reference to the attacks. It was a shrewd way of injecting it into the conversation.

Why does Obama refuse to use the word terror? What fantasy world is he living in?
Well pgh says it wasn't a terrorist attack because it wasn't against civilians.

Old 10-17-2012, 10:01 AM

3,179 posts, read 3,169,739 times
Apparently, Liberals lack both reading comprehension and any sense of time. Here is the transcript of Obama's Rose Garden comments:

TRANSCRIPT: Read President Obama’s Remarks on American Deaths in Libya Attack | Fox News Insider

Of course, yesterday was already a painful day for our nation as we marked the solemn memory of the 9/11 attacks. We mourn with the families who were lost on that day. I visited the graves of troops who made the ultimate sacrifice in Iraq and Afghanistan at the hallowed grounds of Arlington Cemetery, and had the opportunity to say thank you and visit some of our wounded warriors at Walter Reed. And then last night we learned the news of this attack in Benghazi.

As Americans let us never, ever forget that our freedom is only sustained because there are people who are willing to fight for it, to stand up for it, and in some cases lay down their lives for it. Our country is only as strong as the character of our people and the service of those, both civilian and military, who represent us around the globe.

No acts of terror will ever shake the resolve of this great nation, alter that character or eclipse the light of the values that we stand for.

It's almost as though Obama slipped up by referencing 9/11/01 among "acts of terror". The comment was not a direct characterization of what occurred in Benghazi, it was a reference to ACTS (plural) of terror. Obama NEVER answered the question as to why security at Benghazi was downgraded PRIOR to 9/11. The man is a liar, a coward and an Islamic appeaser. OBAMA MUST GO!

Old 10-17-2012, 10:07 AM

3,079 posts, read 3,125,068 times
GOP feeling the sting of last nights debate loss...

Old 10-17-2012, 10:12 AM

14,361 posts, read 9,800,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
Obama is somewhat a passive person. It's his nature not to be confontational. I wish he'd been 'Biden' agressive, but, after all, he's the "President" and the public expect more from the President than the applicant for the job.
So you actually liked how Biden acted, and you wish Obama would do the same? That would effectively seal his loss.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections