Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-17-2012, 11:17 AM

39,093 posts, read 51,289,449 times

Advertisements

Hey, did anyone else notice that the wingnuts aren't on here today with the "teleprompter" comments. More evidence of the whipping they took from a very articulate and fast on his feet president last night.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2012, 11:20 AM

1,991 posts, read 3,972,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Maybe for women who want the govy to take the place of their hubby.
Or maybe from women who don't believe their name being added to a binder full of women candidates applying for a job or them getting a flexible schedule once hired on a job is a substitute for getting equal pay as a man for doing that same job.

Old 10-17-2012, 11:26 AM

1,652 posts, read 2,552,180 times
And the Binders story isn't even true! haha

Binders Full of Women - Salon.com

Quote:
The truth about Romney’s “binders full of women”
More evidence Romney's "binders full of women" claim is backwards
By Alex Seitz-Wald

In the moment memed round the world, Mitt Romney said in last night’s debate that when he was governor of Massachusetts he had his staff compile “binders of women” for him to pour over in order to find qualified candidates for top jobs in his administrations. As we noted this morning, a Boston journalist has already pointed out that that’s not true, and now we have some more evidence that Romney is misremembering the history. ... continues...

Old 10-17-2012, 11:28 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,875,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sporin View Post
And the Binders story isn't even true! haha

Binders Full of Women - Salon.com
I guess he had his binders on. Or, ... judging from the grimace on his face, maybe the tighty whities were too tight?

Old 10-17-2012, 11:56 AM

5,152 posts, read 8,534,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missingatlanta View Post
I think Romney will say whatever he has to say to win. His father ran for President and lost and now he wants to fulfill daddy's dream. He just reminds me too much of President Bush.
Here here, I'm not saying that Obama, sincerely doesn't want to be President again, since he does, but Romney, seems to have an mentality unhealthy obsession of needing to be the President.

Last edited by beenhereandthere; 10-17-2012 at 12:37 PM..

Old 10-17-2012, 12:01 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,955,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
Obama sure had a mouthful of rhetoric but no specifics.
Unfortunately, I fell asleep before the debate, so I only tuned in at about 9:30 but I was able to see most of it today. I don't think it was a slam-dunk, but IMO Obama won the second debate on temperament and substance. The very first question was about jobs. Romney kept saying "I'll create jobs" but he never once said how he would do it. Just like his tax plan, he keeps saying what he will do but not how he will do it. Obama was very specific about manufacturing, energy, incentives for businesses to stay in the United States, education & training, and so on. Were you watching the debate on mute?

Old 10-17-2012, 12:05 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,612,700 times
Cool lol...

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
I think a lot of women are still stuck back in the 50's and expect others to pay for their illusion of the knight in shining armor.
That's what you think huh? I guess as long as you don't hurt yourself you can think what you wish.

I think women want Equal Pay. I don't think women care about your knight in shining armor fantasy. I think they'd rather have the money and let you keep your fantasy's and illusions.

Old 10-17-2012, 12:12 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,955,432 times
I guess someone can brag about his term as Governor and his supporters won't check the facts. Last night he talked about all the women he sought for high ranking positions in his cabinets. Well, that isn't really true.

In fact, the number of women in high level positions DECLINED during his 4 years and was much less when he left office.

Another lie.

(I can't get my link to work!)

[URL="http://blog.thephoenix.com/BLOGS/talkingpolitics/archive/2012/10/16/mind-the-binder.aspx"]Try this one.[/URL]

Old 10-17-2012, 12:15 PM

1,991 posts, read 3,972,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
In fact, the number of women in high level positions DECLINED during his 4 years and was much less when he left office.
I wonder if, while this was happening, Governor Romney saw it happening and went around the office with his angry-Mitt face shouting:

ALRIGHT, WHO FRICKIN' STOLE MY BINDER FULL OF WOMEN!!!!!!!???????

Old 10-17-2012, 12:20 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,612,700 times
Cool .

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections