Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-17-2012, 12:30 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,662,744 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beenhereandthere View Post
Here here, I'm not saying that Obama, sincerely wants to be President again, since he does, but Romney, seems to have an mentality unhealthy obsession of needing to be the President.
His over riding agenda for being president is to validate the Mormon religion. He does not care about republicanism nor conservative values. His only concern is to elevate the Morman religion from a cult to an accepted spiritual path. Due to past persecutions and beliefs that fall way outside accepted christian dogma, Mormons have suffered a spiritual inferiority complex throughout their history. If one of their own can become president, then it will provide an Imprimatur to their religion. This is and has always been Romney's prime agenda and the reason he has been able to reverse core beliefs so easily. He has and always will, pander to anyone who will further his and the mormon church's agenda. Anyone who doesn't see this has blinders on.

Last edited by mohawkx; 10-17-2012 at 12:57 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2012, 12:42 PM

74 posts, read 199,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
Re jobs. Romney was going after Obama on shutting down oil drilling. He claimed Obama had shut down about half. Obama cries fowl and they start to argue, but Crowley intervenes.
Truth is Obama shut down over 60% of drilling off-shore, and 1/3rd on shore. That's a lot of jobs. Obama has outsourced our energy and made us more dependent. Romney says he'll reverse that. I want to believe him.
What happens when the oil dries up? What do we do then? Oil is a finite resource, and unless we move away from our oil dependency in this nation, it really doesn't matter if we drill or not. Say we drill our nation dry, and during those "comfortable" years of jobs and low oil prices, funding for alternative energy sources is cut because we have become blind to the idea once again that oil will indeed dry up. Let's face it, Republican's LOVE that flowin' oil, and while it's flowing during their reign, that's all that matters. I'm worried about my children, and how their lives will be when there is no legit answer to our energy crisis. If in fact we do drill heavily here, the offset should be heavy funding for alt forms of energy. I don't see that happening.

My prediction for Romney is like most politicians, he says he wants to work on finding alt sources of energy, but it is not in the Conservatives nature to support anything but drilling. I don't believe him, even though I want to.

Old 10-17-2012, 12:45 PM

74 posts, read 199,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
His over riding agenda for being president is to validate the Mormon religion. He does not care about republicanism nor conservative values. His only concern is to elevate the Morman religion from a cult to an accepted spiritual path. Due to past persecutions and beliefs that fall way outside accepted christian dogma, Mormons have suffered a spiritual inferiority complex. If one of their own can become president, then it will provide an Imprimatur to their religion. This is and has always been Romney's prime agenda and the reason he has been able to reverse core beliefs so easily. He has and always will pander to anyone who will further his and the mormon church's agenda. Anyone who doesn't see this has blinders on.
The Mormon Church is scary as hell, If I was a die hard Conservative I would still not vote for Romney.

Old 10-17-2012, 12:59 PM

4,373 posts, read 3,228,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
It means the Obama Admin was NOT calling it a terrorist attack as of September 19th, which DIRECTLY CONTRADICTS Obama's And Crowley's LIE last night.

Crowley’s inability to remain impartial and her LIE for Obama is the number one takeaway from this debate. This will lead to far more discussions of Obama’s false narrative, and inform many more people of Obama's lies. Obama's absolute failure on foreign affairs and his ongoing lies are BACK in headline news. Crowley's unprofessional cheerleading backfired, BIG time.
Sounds like somebody is mad that Romney totally lost that debate last night.

Old 10-17-2012, 01:01 PM

89,026 posts, read 44,840,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adiosToreador View Post
Romney is up in the polls. How did he lose?

I'm elated beyond belief that Obama's LIES about the attack in Libya are ONCE AGAIN front page news.

Old 10-17-2012, 01:01 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,858,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adiosToreador View Post
Yep, that pretty much sums it up.

Old 10-17-2012, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObserverNY View Post
Obama acted like a child ......"Can you say that again louder, Candy?" And of course, we didn't have the benefit of a split screen last night, either. Obama wouldn't shut up despite Candy almost yelling at him near the end, a gross demonstration of his disrespect for women, not to mention the women who were PAID LESS in his own WH. Oops, I mentioned it. Obama supporters should be embarrassed.
Again - another person sounds upset that Romney gaffed and lost the debate. Typical of the losing side be they Republicans or Democrats. The first debate was the left and Dems turn to eat the shoe and swallow the crow - now after this debate it's the right and Repubs turn. Bottoms up!

Old 10-17-2012, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObserverNY View Post
Yes, I did miss that because Candy allowed Obama 3.5 more minutes than Romney and consistently cut Romney off. Where was Obama's question, "How are you different from Jimmy Carter?"
Yeah look for excuses in your candidates miserable and gaffe worthy showing in the debate.

Face facts - Romney got flustered, pushed off his game, failed to humanize himself, and failed to capitalize on the momentum he had going. Now he can still win this, but after losing last night's debate it's hard to say.

Don't be surprised to see Obama for 4 more years.

Old 10-17-2012, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Romney is up in the polls. How did he lose?

I'm elated beyond belief that Obama's LIES about the attack in Libya are ONCE AGAIN front page news.
What polls? 37% of people polled immediately after the debate held that Obama won, 30% held Romney won, and 33% were undecided. Not to mention it's Obama +2% now...so how did Romney win again?

Oh that's right - he didn't. Now he can still bounce back but after that **** poor showing Ryan did and the weak and frail showing Romney had at last night's debate (blame Candy! Do it!) - it's going to be EXTREMELY hard for Mitt to win this election.

He still can though.

Old 10-17-2012, 01:09 PM

Only someone unpatriotic and not connected to the middle man would attempt to politicize the Libya incident. I'm looking at you Romney.

Obama had "the moment" of the debate when he called Romney out on that and made him look utterly foolish. Just get over it - Romney lost the debate but still has a chance to bounce back better than ever by the time the 3rd debate rolls around.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections