Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-17-2012, 07:15 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,307,027 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville1 View Post
What we need is to have the debaters standing at podiums that close together. That format last night was purely ridiculous and the fact that Obama talked for nearly 4 minutes than Romney did tells us a lot about the mod who interrupted Romney so many times. He may have made some points with somebody other than Crowley in her chair.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2012, 07:15 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,035,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
If you can't take the heat, stay out of the kitchen
You call that "heat"?

I can take the heat just fine, thank you very much.

When are you going to start bringing it?

Old 10-17-2012, 07:16 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,037,916 times
Quote:
If you can't take the heat, stay out of the kitchen
That poster can wash pots.

Old 10-17-2012, 07:17 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,240,736 times
Quote:
Romney was rude but Obama bitched slapped him.
Not really. Romney utterly failed to press vailid points. That is why he lost the debate. The last 3.5 years under Obama, the promise not to give illegals a head of line pass, and that broken promise.
Obama avoided answering the question about gas prices and Romney didn't nail him for it.
Romney chocked on the equal pay question. Obama barely answered it and one the point.
For example should a woman who works the same job as a man get equal pay if she id there 3 years longer but has missed 2 years due to FMLA, maternity leave etc.?
As a boss you promote the one that you can count on being at work the most as well as skill. I can build skill much easier than reliability. It really is not a black and white issue.
Now if woman has same skill or more, same reliability or better? She damned well better get the same pay and same opprotunity.
Romney made a good point about retirement account. Obama avoided answering with a snide deflection of "I dont pay attention to it because I dont have as much as you do."
I don't have as much as Obama most likely but I pay a great deal of attention to my retirement account. If Obama can't pay attention to his own why on earth would I believe a word he says about anyone elses?

Old 10-17-2012, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
That poster can wash pots.
I have - and it gets very hot in there after a few hours.

Whats your point?

Old 10-17-2012, 07:19 PM

37,176 posts, read 19,255,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
How many caught Obama's blatent lie durning the gun control question? He stated that we need laws "to get automatic weapons off the streets", when such laws are already in place and have been for nearly 80 years. These firearms are already very heavily regulated at the federal level, requiring federal registration, signed approval for ownership from the highest local law enforcement, a $200 tax on each transfer, and NEWLY manufactured ones are illegal for civilian ownership. In addition, they are not legal in many states (including most with the highest rates of gun violence), are extremely expensive, and legally owned ones are virtually unused in violent crimes. Unfortunately...once again Obama lied by indicating that we have a violence issue associated with legally owened automatic weapons on the streets.

The moderator didn't bother to "fact check" on this or any of his other lies. No surprise when she's trying to promote the media creation.
When I was in high school I worked four years in a gun shop. "Automatic" was a term commonly used for any firearm that wasn't manually operated. The ads in the sporting magazines referred to them as automatics.

What he should have been saying is that there needs to be a limit on the capacity of magazines commonly used for sporting purposes. Any magazine with a capacity of over five rounds should have to be registered.

Would it stop violence on the street? Absolutely not. Would it result in fewer deaths and someone being stopped a lot quicker when he opens fire if he doesn't have a 30-round magazine? Most probably.

I really would like to see gun legislation rewritten on Switzerland's model.

Old 10-17-2012, 07:20 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,240,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
I am flattered that you would compare my writing to the author of The Catcher and the Rye - I agree that it will be a classic.
The Catcher and the Rye? I detested that book. A whiney rich boy who takes no responsibility for his actions complaining non-stop about authority figures in his life. I wouldn't be flattered anyway. LOL

Old 10-17-2012, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunkisses87 View Post
If I'm on coke, you're on crack.

Romney violated the rules and asked DIRECT questions to Obama and was disrespectful in the tone, and overall presentation of said direct questions. He also tried "cutting" off Obama, just as much as Obama tried cutting off him. In the end of the debate, Romney couldn't even muster enough respect to shake Obama's hand. And Romney TRIED to bully the moderator but she wasn't having it either. But obviously republicans will always disagree. Time will tell how this debate impacts each candidate. It usually takes a few days after each debate for the poll numbers to be impacted. So let's see tomorrow and Friday how Romney is doing and compare it to Obama. I have a feeling Obama will have some positive momentum. Romney is still reeling from the moderator checking him--he literally had to pick himself up off the floor after that moment(even the audience was applauding).
Doh
I now know that we didn't watch the same debate since you didn't see the number of times that the moderator cut Romney off "because it was time to get on to the next question". Did you know that she had said they would get in 12 - 14 questions and only managed 11? I am sure that you don't know that she tried very hard to keep Romney back so he couldn't hurt Obama by forcing him to answer anything. You don't even know that Obama spoke almost 4 minutes longer. I guess that was in respect for him being the sitting President in your way of thinking.

Old 10-17-2012, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Romney was rude but Obama bitched slapped him.
All the interruptions by Obama didn't register with you of the far north part of the US, I see.

Old 10-17-2012, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
The Catcher and the Rye? I detested that book. A whiney rich boy who takes no responsibility for his actions complaining non-stop about authority figures in his life. I wouldn't be flattered anyway. LOL
Apparently kshe95girl liked it. She hinted that something by J.D. Salinger would be worth waiting to read more then what I might write.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections