Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-17-2012, 08:08 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,404,464 times

Advertisements

President Obama can stand silently while Romney rants, and he'd still get my vote. What he represents is far superior to anything that Romney is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2012, 08:18 PM

2,553 posts, read 2,438,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunkisses87 View Post
I was on the debate team all through college, I was aggressive but never rude and certainly not disrespectful to my opponents. There is a difference. Learn it.

And yes Biden was rude. But Romney was disrespectful AND rude, and he came off as a bully and as a sore loser.
Did you ever do a town hall debate? Last night's format was different than normal and whether you're the president or the president elect, you're not royalty...both put their pants on the same way.

Old 10-17-2012, 08:20 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,238,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danno3314 View Post
Did you ever do a town hall debate? Last night's format was different than normal and whether you're the president or the president elect, you're not royalty...both put their pants on the same way.
exactly....

Old 10-17-2012, 08:22 PM

3,448 posts, read 3,135,476 times
Obama rarely gets through 3 or 4 groups of sentence's without insulting the listener. A proper debate is not possible with Obama for difusing the lies and correcting the lack of knowledge, insight and basic intelligence. Its more like school for Romney and Ryan and the student keeps throwing eggs at the teacher..The marketing pushing an elderly over a cliff? and lefties have the idea to suggest Romney is a bully who throughout the whole campaign did NOT spread lies and mis information about Obama... Either the lefties will call Romney not tough enough, or they will call him a bully.

Last edited by stargazzer; 10-17-2012 at 08:34 PM..

Old 10-17-2012, 08:55 PM

2,117 posts, read 1,882,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
President Obama's complete domination and annihilation of Romney was even more impressive when one considers the fact that he also has to RUN THE COUNTRY. While Romney is preparing day and night, praying on his hands and knees for some luck, with nothing else to do but practice his lies, put fake tanning lotion on, and pick his toes, the President is running this country, overseeing foreign interests, and preparing to debate the out-of-control loudmouth.

Kudos to this President. He's just far too superior. Great to see him kick Romney's arse last night.
oh

Old 10-17-2012, 09:01 PM

9,143 posts, read 5,812,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
No I saw Joe. Joe was rude, but he did it with a smile and he was not debating the President.

A smile? He cackled like a hyena.

Old 10-17-2012, 09:06 PM

20,129 posts, read 16,186,419 times
I think the first debate did change some people's minds, because for many it was really their first non-ad introduction to Romney. (my sister was one) But this one, not so much. I think there is a very, very small population of undecided voters out there but for many of us this decision was made months ago.

Old 10-17-2012, 09:09 PM

20,129 posts, read 16,186,419 times
Quote:
President Obama can stand silently while Romney rants, and he'd still get my vote. What he represents is far superior to anything that Romney is.
I feel just the opposite. I am a ABO voter. No debate is going to change that. I've seen what he has done or not done over the last 3 1/2 years, words are cheap.

Old 10-17-2012, 09:12 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,426,754 times
Quote:
Agree completely.

Old 10-17-2012, 09:23 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,266,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MantaRay View Post
Amazing how Romney supporters insist on twisting the truth. They would have us believe:

1. The speech in the Rose Garden was about and in response to the attack in Libya.
2. The President said that acts of terror will not shake the resolve of the US and then proceeded to talk specifically about the Libya attacks.

but

3. The talk of acts of terror not shaking US resolve has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with the Libya attacks.

What kind of backwards, twisted logic is THAT? It totally ignores reality trying desperately to score political points. Here is the part of Obama's speech that is in question:

Of course, yesterday was already a painful day for our nation as we marked the solemn memory of the 9/11 attacks. We mourned with the families who were lost on that day. I visited the graves of troops who made the ultimate sacrifice in Iraq and Afghanistan at the hallowed grounds of Arlington Cemetery, and had the opportunity to say thank you and visit some of our wounded warriors at Walter Reed. And then last night, we learned the news of this attack in Benghazi.
As Americans, let us never, ever forget that our freedom is only sustained because there are people who are willing to fight for it, to stand up for it, and in some cases, lay down their lives for it. Our country is only as strong as the character of our people and the service of those both civilian and military who represent us around the globe.
No acts of terror will ever shake the resolve of this great nation, alter that character, or eclipse the light of the values that we stand for. Today we mourn four more Americans who represent the very best of the United States of America. We will not waver in our commitment to see that justice is done for this terrible act. And make no mistake, justice will be done.

So Obama says last night we learned about the attack in Benghazi (where our reps died), then says our freedom is sustained and our country is strong due to the character of the people who represent us around the world, then immediately says no acts of terror will ever shake our nation, immediately speaks of the 4 American lives lost in Benghazi, then concludes that we will get justice for their deaths.

But Republicans want us to believe that although the speech was about Benghazi, although EVERYTHING immediately surrounding the "no acts of terror" sentence was about Benghazi and the 4 deaths, both immediately before the sentence and immediately after the sentence, that somehow the sentence itself had NOTHING to do with the Benghazi attacks. Again, what kind of warped and twisted logic is THAT? Answer- the kind from people like Romney, who, when a tragic event like this happens, thinks only of personal political points that can be gained from it and will say or do anything to try to win those political points. His own party called him out for his reckless statements trying to score political points in the wake of the attacks, but now his own party is adding to the warped and twisted logic whose purpose is to score political points by intentionally miscronstruing what Obama said about the attacks being an act of terror- by trying to make us believe that the sentence had nothing to do with Benghazi when the sentences all surrounding that sentence are CLEARLY about Benghazi. This Republican attempt at deception and logic twisting is just plain pathetic. Good for Candy Crowley fact checking Romney on his lie- she was THERE in the Rose Garden when the speech was given. And shame on Republicans for trying to continue to perpetuate the Romney lie after Romney was corrected.

We learned about Benghazi, our nation is great because of our reps around the world, no act of terror will shake our resolve, today we mourn for the 4 reps killed, and we will get justice for them EQUALS Obama referring to the Benghazi attacks which killed the 4 reps as acts of terror and EQUALS Republicans trying hard to perpetuate the Romney lie that the acts of terror Obama referred to in the speech about Benghazi had nothing to do with Benghazi. Shameless vulturous liars!
This. ^^^^
Quote:
Shameless vulturous liars!
Especially this. ^^^^
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections