Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-16-2012, 09:20 PM

2,106 posts, read 3,064,254 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Romney looked like a deer caught in the headlights when the moderator fact checked right on the spot that Obama did in fact, call the embassy attack an act of terrorism the day after the attack while speaking in The Rose Garden.
Yeah that 'effed him up. Romney was a spoiled brat on the stage. He interrupted Candy, took over time, and spoke to the President very disrespectfully because he knows he was being exposed. Romney is a nut job, and you can see in Ann Romneys eyes, she knows the Romneys have lost AGAIN in the campaign toward the White House. It won't be easy as pie for Obama to be re elected, but Obama will be re elected and still be our President in 2013. You can see Romney deflate when the President used his 47% remark against him. Romney has not earned my trust or vote.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2012, 09:21 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,956,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by personwhoisaperson View Post
That's what scares me....

Show me some lies and maybe I'll listen to you.

I can't wait to see how many times they count Obama calling Romney a liar. THAT is disrespectful. I can't wait to see how many times they count Obama interrupting Romney. THAT is disrespectful. I can't wait for fact check to see how many times Obama lied with a straight face. THAT is not only disrespectful, but also dishonorable, patronizing, and honestly just really f***ed up. Need I go on?
Yes go on and take a few of your crazy friends with you.

20,169 posts, read 24,345,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
"Fact checkers' confirm, Crowley was accurate in her correction of Mr. Romney. She was in control, and that's something, a woman in control, that the extremists can't fathom.
Yeah, like Hilllary in Libya.

25,574 posts, read 56,507,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Mitt Romney was visibly slinking away to lick his wounds.
Such a poor sport, he wouldn't even shake hands at the end. Very BAD FORM. Wow. I really thought he had more class than that.

14,268 posts, read 18,948,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StickyFingers View Post
And the right wing whining starts !
I know. When they can't defend their candidate, blame the moderator. Why didn't they blame the moderator during the first Presidential debate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
All this talk about Obama taking your guns away is and always has been pure crap.
So true.

1,724 posts, read 1,472,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwiley View Post
Any blog or study that shows George W Bush as the most conservative president since WW2 is a joke. Bush increased federal spending and programs more then any president outside of Obama, and most of that money did not go to the military.
A blog? Keith Poole and Howard Rosenthal are very notable political scientists, but I am sure that your credentials exceed theirs. After all they have only been publishing papers on this topic since at least 1984.
http://voteview.com/The_Polarization...itics_1984.pdf

As for spending, Conservatives love it, if they are not addicted to it. Look at the Conservative icon, Ronald Reagan. He exploded spending and out debt. Look how Republicans treat candidates like Ron Paul and Gary Johnson. They lambaste them for their limited government views. Look at how Republican drool over Mitt Romney and his tax plan which he wants to offset tax cuts by defending Big Bird and planned parenthood.

The last two Republicans that were fiscally responsible were Nixon and Eisenhower, who would be labeled commies in the modern day GOP.

The idea that Conservatives care about spending is absurd. Just look at their track record.

3,414 posts, read 7,146,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
Once again.

O'money

Obama's net worth, Dec., 2007: $1.3 million

Obama's net worth, Dec., 2011: $11,472,336

An increase of 782%.
1.3 million is a lot of money for a man who's never had a real job.

25,850 posts, read 16,547,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Her job isnt to interject her opinion into the debate, and she was wrong at that..

If it was a terrorist attack, why did Obama go to the UN to blame a video?
I guess I'm willing to wait until all the facts come in. It WAS and act of terror regardless, even if it had nothing to do with the video.

When innocent Americans die in attacks we don't need political hacks running for president trying to score points and embarrassing us.

20,127 posts, read 16,176,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwiley View Post
Agreed, it is too bad I live in a state that is such a close swing state, I would love to vote for paul or Johnson
I know. I used to live in a blood red state so I didn't have to weigh the end result. Kind of miss it but at the same time I am excited that my vote might actually matter.

27,623 posts, read 21,143,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
No he didnt. Re read it. READ being key word.

Also, Candy was awful, period.
You are in full blown denial.

Quote:
Despite a drumbeat from the right and even independent fact-checkers that President Barack Obama has been unwilling to label as terrorism the attack on a United States diplomatic mission in Libya, the president indicated just a day after the killing of the American ambassador there that the assault was part of a series of "acts of terror" the U.S. has faced.

President Barack Obama talked of Libya attack as 'terror' 2 weeks ago - POLITICO.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections