Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2012, 08:56 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,887,979 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rikoshaprl View Post

Romney has not had any control over Bain since 1998. The articles are about 2006. That is like blaming Obama for what a company in one of his mutual funds does.

As far as his plan for more jobs: Let me say it very slowly for you democrats. Grow the economy by increasing the middle class take home pay and letting small business keep more of what they earn. The middle class are the consumers that drive the economy. Small business hires the most workers. Get it?
Some people don't care for venture capitalists which is what Romney did when he worked in the private sector. Those who competed with Romney during the GOP primary were some of the most outspoken on this topic.

As far as more jobs, expert with crystal balls, including Moody's Analytics, project 12 million jobs will be created over the next 4 years, no matter who gets elected.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2012, 02:26 AM

5,503 posts, read 7,355,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Some people don't care for venture capitalists which is what Romney did when he worked in the private sector. Those who competed with Romney during the GOP primary were some of the most outspoken on this topic.

As far as more jobs, expert with crystal balls, including Moody's Analytics, project 12 million jobs will be created over the next 4 years, no matter who gets elected.
Some people don't care for free enterprise and capitalism. Venture capitalists risk their money so entrepreneurs can get started. That is how private sector jobs are created. Democrats would rather have government jobs that the taxpayer pays for, as long as the taxpayer is not them.

Obama will not create as many jobs as Romney. There will be less oil,gas,coal,pipeline jobs. There will be less investment by the private sector. There will be less military jobs. Obama's plan is to keep paying back teachers for their support with taxpayer money. He will also continue his crony capitalism funneling money to friends through phoney solar ventures. He has shrunk the workforce over his last 4 years. How naive to think he will be able to create 12M jobs now.

Old 10-21-2012, 06:49 PM

77,771 posts, read 105,072,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chica_bella813 View Post
You ever heard of Freeport, Illinois?? This is how Mitt Romney intends on getting the country going again, this is Mitts plan that is oh so perfect, too perfect for him to discuss in detail. This miraculous plan of his will help the American people be able to feel proud to be American again....

This is his plan...

Video - Mitt Romney's Bain Capital outsourcing Illinois jobs in Freeport to China - National White House Press | Examiner.com

for thos that prefer to read about his great economic plan for recovery

Mitt Romney's Bain Capital outsourcing Illinois jobs in Freeport to China - National White House Press | Examiner.com
Most people that know anything about politics understand why he isn't saying much. There are things a candidate does not reveil during a campaign. He has given us sketchy idea, that is all he should do.
As I have said before, to get a better idea on what is really being said or proposed one needs to refer to several forms of the media, both sides, not just the most liberal side.

Old 10-21-2012, 06:58 PM

23,655 posts, read 17,563,303 times
Default Why not go to the source to find out the answer---

Mitt's Plan to Create 12 Million New Jobs | Mitt Romney for President

Some can ask the question but can't read the answers? They can't go to the source? It's not that hard to do.

Old 10-21-2012, 07:01 PM

23,655 posts, read 17,563,303 times
Default And for those who won't take the time to read---

The Romney Plan - YouTube#!

Old 10-21-2012, 07:33 PM

7,191 posts, read 4,786,528 times
Quote:
And now from a businessman: Let's say I am a business owner who is selling a thousand products a week. My product is something that potential customers want but I need to just get the word out to them. I know I can increase sales by hiring a new sales rep and three more factory workers. With projected new sales of 100 I can net an extra X dollars. When I comply with the new EPA regulations to expand my factory and add up the extra costs of Obamacare and tax increases as my gross income increases I will now only net 1/10 X. You know what, it is not worth the extra aggravation. I'll just wait for Romney to get elected so I can be sure of what policies will be for the foreseeable future

ROFLMAO!!

Dear, even Romney doesn't know what his policies will be.

Old 10-21-2012, 07:38 PM

7,191 posts, read 4,786,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
I read that a while back and other people have read it as well. It's only platitudes. He has no specifics. NONE.

In Mormon missionary circles it's called "Milk before Meat". Since you do like to read, google it

Old 10-21-2012, 08:25 PM

1,300 posts, read 1,046,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KimberleeH View Post
Yes but Max, people are spending less because they have less spending money. If you have more spending money then you spend more. Demand goes up! Then demand is up so hire more workers. People have lower taxes then more spending money.
That's the ideal situation, BUT IN REALITY it doesn't quite turn out that way.

Take yourself as an example. If you get an extra $2000 back from the government are you immediately going to go out and spend the entire amount? Or are you going to save some of it or use it to pay down some debts and spend only a portion of it on stuff?

Point is if you're only spending a portion or even none of your tax break, then how is it stimulating the economy and prompting businesses to hire more people? Now multiple this by millions of people who choose not to spend the money or not the full amount they get back to buy products and services and now tell me how its benefiting the economy?

Quote:
Obama supporters are either liars or idiots! Romney has not had any control over Bain since 1998. The articles are about 2006. That is like blaming Obama for what a company in one of his mutual funds does.

As far as his plan for more jobs: Let me say it very slowly for you democrats. Grow the economy by increasing the middle class take home pay and letting small business keep more of what they earn. The middle class are the consumers that drive the economy. Small business hires the most workers. Get it?
Here's the thing. OBVIOUSLY EVERYONE whether you're a Republican or Democrat wants to grow the economy, especially for the middle class and poor, but HOW ARE YOU GOING TO DO IT?? So I get it, you want to grow the middle class and increase small business. That's great. But now tell me how is Romney going to do it? Can you explain his plan for us??

Its like me selling a car to you and I say this vehicle can get 1000 miles to the gallon. Are you going to take my word for it or would you ask me for specifics as to how its possible that a car travel so far on a gallon of gas? You're probably going to ask me for specifics aren't you? So why aren't you asking Romney a man who's running for president for specifics as to how he's going to 'grow the middle class'?

Old 10-21-2012, 08:33 PM

2,106 posts, read 3,069,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Sterling View Post
That's the ideal situation, BUT IN REALITY it doesn't quite turn out that way.

Take yourself as an example. If you get an extra $2000 back from the government are you immediately going to go out and spend the entire amount? Or are you going to save some of it or use it to pay down some debts and spend only a portion of it on stuff?

Point is if you're only spending a portion or even none of your tax break, then how is it stimulating the economy and prompting businesses to hire more people? Now multiple this by millions of people who choose not to spend the money or not the full amount they get back to buy products and services and now tell me how its benefiting the economy?

Here's the thing. OBVIOUSLY EVERYONE whether you're a Republican or Democrat wants to grow the economy, especially for the middle class and poor, but HOW ARE YOU GOING TO DO IT?? So I get it, you want to grow the middle class and increase small business. That's great. But now tell me how is Romney going to do it? Can you explain his plan for us??

Its like me selling a car to you and I say this vehicle can get 1000 miles to the gallon. Are you going to take my word for it or would you ask me for specifics as to how its possible that a car travel so far on a gallon of gas? You're probably going to ask me for specifics aren't you? So why aren't you asking Romney a man who's running for president for specifics as to how he's going to 'grow the middle class'?
Excellent!! Couldn't rep you anymore..great response

Old 10-22-2012, 06:15 AM

5,503 posts, read 7,355,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDnurse View Post
[/b]

ROFLMAO!!

Dear, even Romney doesn't know what his policies will be.
You just can't be serious! Here are the specifics:
1. Cut all taxpayers rates by 20%
2. Limit deductions to $25,000
3. Increase energy production on federal lands
4. Streamline regulations to increase private energy production on private lands
5. Repeal Obamacare
6. Save medicare by introducing competition by private insurance for those 54 and under.
7. Lower taxes on small business to encourage expansion
That beats the hell out of Hope and Change! Wake up!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections