Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2012, 06:52 PM

3,887 posts, read 5,772,777 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
As usual you have no idea what the hell you're talking about. KB Toys was entering restructuring and closing down stores through the 1990's. Bain didnt buy them until 2000. They had multiple bankruptcies

the funniest part of this whole argument is that Romney was actually on leave when Bain bought KB toys and was Governor of Massachusetts before they shut KB toys down, if I remember right he was working with the IOC trying to get the 2002 games straightened out after all their scandal. but I am sure KB Toys was all Romney's fault.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2012, 06:57 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,326,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwiley View Post
the funniest part of this whole argument is that Romney was actually on leave when Bain bought KB toys and was Governor of Massachusetts before they shut KB toys down, if I remember right he was working with the IOC trying to get the 2002 games straightened out after all their scandal. but I am sure KB Toys was all Romney's fault.
Even worse, is since KB Toys went bankrupt, but Toys R Us, was owned by the same owners (i.e. Bain Capital), one would pretty much realise they merged the two corporations, shutting one down, and expanding the other, who has about 100K employees..

Old 10-16-2012, 07:02 PM

235 posts, read 277,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
That link shows how they borrowed money to BUY MORE ASSETS.. Same thing EVERYONE IN AMERICA DOES..

Do you own a home? Do you own a car? Either one of those have a loan against them?

SAME THING.

Did you STEAL from the seller to buy those assets? Was it unethical to take out a loan to buy these items? Your clearly the one nieve and uninformed.
NO not the SAME THING.... My car is my property...

This companies Bain invested had other investors too.. They took loans on that company's assets and paid it to Bain
They sucked out all the equity and pushed the com pines to bankrupcy

The article explains it out in. Complete details with numbers....

It is for any and everyone to read and decide......Guys, use your commonsense.....

Old 10-16-2012, 10:33 PM

3,887 posts, read 5,772,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MA2NC2012 View Post

This companies Bain invested had other investors too.. They took loans on that company's assets and paid it to Bain

It is for any and everyone to read and decide......Guys, use your commonsense.....
the Numbers I see are that Bain capital borrowed some money to return their investment, and then 5-10 years later a couple of them went bankrupt. The other people that owned the same stock as Bain also received those dividends, it is not as if a company can decide to only pay one group of shareholders money if they all own the same damn stock. And yes your house and car is not the same thing, borrowing 100% of the money to get that car and then a few years down the road giving it to the bank when the car break down or you cannot afford your house payment is totally different then a corporation entering bankruptcy and entering into a payment plan with their creditors. At least with the corporate bankruptcy the lenders get some part of their money back.

Old 10-16-2012, 10:37 PM

11,431 posts, read 19,066,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyjohnny38 View Post
He did not build companies the old-fashioned way—out of inspiration, perspiration, and a long slog in the free market fostering a new product, service, or process of production. Instead, he spent his 15 years raising debt in prodigious amounts on Wall Street so that Bain could purchase the pots and pans and castoffs of corporate America, leverage them to the hilt, gussy them up as reborn “roll-ups,†and then deliver them back to Wall Street for resale—the faster the better.

but the morons that they interview on these political shows really believe that romney is the ultimate businessman

Old 10-17-2012, 12:56 AM

8,275 posts, read 12,903,645 times
Thge people of Sensata would have a hard time believing Romney helped Americans.

this is a company that made good profits that bain is stripping out of this country, terminating the Americans and shipping their jobs to China. where they will make 90 cents/hr. romney - tough on China.... heck he is their best friend. He has put so many of them to work and continues to do so...

He is bad for American business, great for the Chinese.

Old 10-17-2012, 01:05 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,326,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MA2NC2012 View Post

My companies are MY PROPERTY as well.

Peoples investments in Bain Capital, was THEIR PROPERTY

Bain borrowed against assets that was THEIR PROPERTY..

Nothing stops you from sucking equity out of your home and using it for whatever the hell you want..

And if they sucked out the assets and sent them onto bain, then the creditors would have a claim in court to go after those very assets.. Its called piercing the corporate veil.. Get an education about what your talking about before you prove you dont know to everyone.

Old 10-17-2012, 01:18 AM

25,607 posts, read 56,706,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AONE View Post
Thge people of Sensata would have a hard time believing Romney helped Americans.

this is a company that made good profits that bain is stripping out of this country, terminating the Americans and shipping their jobs to China. where they will make 90 cents/hr. romney - tough on China.... heck he is their best friend. He has put so many of them to work and continues to do so...

Yup - Bain brought in Chinese to be trained by the existing workers. There should be punishment for this treason - because that is what it is. Company is profitable - just not profitable enough - by Bain standards.

So, someone tell me, again, how this destruction is creative, when an entire community becomes a ghost town because of greed?

Old 10-17-2012, 05:50 AM

2,908 posts, read 3,887,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
The man is a thief by any and all accounts. He defrauded workers, owners, investors and banks and got away with it. I do not know why the financial community tolerates his company.

If elected he will Bain America.
Wow, so clueless. Sucks being you.

BTW, did you see the debate last night when Romney was sticking it to Obama, exposing his Chinese investments? Obama could not wait to change the subject. Probably went unnoticed by you and your ilk.

Old 10-17-2012, 05:56 AM

2,908 posts, read 3,887,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AONE View Post

Bain also saved thousands of jobs by stepping into companies on the verge of bankruptcy and turning them around.

Now, if you want to talk criminal, how about Obama's investments in pet projects like Solyndra and A123 Systems. That is over $600,000,000 of our tax dollars flushed down the toilet.

Obama makes Jimmy Carter look like the Messiah.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections