Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-16-2012, 03:33 PM

25,607 posts, read 56,701,656 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MA2NC2012 View Post
Leveraging assets and taking $$ out of it to pay dividends to the investors will lead to bankruptcy.
Yes - and it's totally and completely LEGALIZED THEFT. These are people are CRIMINALS and should be forced to pay back what they STOLE.

Just like you or I going out and maxing out all our CC lines of credit. Right now I've got $100k I don't use. Waiting a while, and then filing bankruptcy. Meanwhile, I've still got the $100k hidden around somewhere. It's easy to do, because most bankruptcy trustees don't check on where the money went, especially for the smaller fry, like us. We're all just too stupid and naive to do something that DISHONEST.

Not the big boys - loading up with debt (other people's money), paying yourselves, and then declaring bankruptcy is SMART.

See - that's what separates these titans from the rest of us.

They have no CONSCIENCE.

Meanwhile, we're stupid and poor. We need to learn from our masters.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2012, 03:34 PM

89,677 posts, read 45,325,146 times
Quote:
If i were in helm of one of those institutes, i would pull out of Bain and find some good place to invest..
That's exactly what I suggested... withdraw from Bain, SCRAP union pensions, and raise public universities' tuition. Will lefties give up their public employee pensions to match their so-called beliefs? Or are they nothing but a bunch of lying hypocrites?

Old 10-16-2012, 03:38 PM

235 posts, read 277,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
They were well-aware of Bain's business practices and thought so highly of them that they invested their capital in Bain. Bain's investors include public employee union pension funds and public universities.

Madoff is in jail because he lied about his assets, not because he made a profit.

You're giving the very strong impression that you have NO CLUE what you're talking about.
Madoff is in JAIL cuz his scheme of things is NOT LEGALIZED and Bain's practices are LEGALIZED.

The outcome of both the schemes is the same. Only the victims are different. In one case they are the investors, in other the companies in which that money is invested....

Old 10-16-2012, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
That's exactly what I suggested... withdraw from Bain, SCRAP union pensions, and raise public universities' tuition. Will lefties give up their public employee pensions to match their so-called beliefs? Or are they nothing but a bunch of lying hypocrites?
I suggested withdraw from Bain. I never suggested SCRAP union pensions, and raise public universities' tuition.
DO NOT TRY to put YOUR words in my statements...

Old 10-16-2012, 03:41 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,726,865 times
More nonsense from those who will never be successful themselves.

Envy. Pure envy. Losers. Envious losers.

Old 10-16-2012, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
Yes - and it's totally and completely LEGALIZED THEFT. These are people are CRIMINALS and should be forced to pay back what they STOLE.

Just like you or I going out and maxing out all our CC lines of credit. Right now I've got $100k I don't use. Waiting a while, and then filing bankruptcy. Meanwhile, I've still got the $100k hidden around somewhere. It's easy to do, because most bankruptcy trustees don't check on where the money went, especially for the smaller fry, like us. We're all just too stupid and naive to do something that DISHONEST.

Not the big boys - loading up with debt (other people's money), paying yourselves, and then declaring bankruptcy is SMART.

See - that's what separates these titans from the rest of us.

They have no CONSCIENCE.

Meanwhile, we're stupid and poor. We need to learn from our masters.
100% agreement here.. But the righties DO NOT believe in LEVEL PLAYING FIELD....
I do not agree with lots of Obama's work in last 4 years BUT this issue is WAY TOO IMPORTANT compared to his other mistakes/oversight....

Old 10-16-2012, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post

Envy. Pure envy. Losers. Envious losers.
What is your definition of being successful?
And it seems that pointing out unethical practices of Bain means Envy to you?

Old 10-16-2012, 03:47 PM

25,607 posts, read 56,701,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
So... you consider billionaire THIEVES successful? Not much of a family-values kind of a guy, are you?

Old 10-16-2012, 04:29 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,326,089 times
Quote:
What is your definition of being successful?
And it seems that pointing out unethical practices of Bain means Envy to you?
There is NOTHING unethical about borrowing against assets you have.. Why dont you join us in the real world one of these days?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
So... you consider billionaire THIEVES successful? Not much of a family-values kind of a guy, are you?
Please list examples.. Would this be Warren Buffet for example? Bill Gates? Who the hell did they steal from? Isnt it wonderful you can just make stupid accusations and not be afraid to embarass yourself because you're anonymous?

Old 10-16-2012, 04:31 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,107,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
The man is a thief by any and all accounts. He defrauded workers, owners, investors and banks and got away with it. I do not know why the financial community tolerates his company.

If elected he will Bain America.
Leave it to the left to invent new nutty verbs.

Care to define your newly coined palabra?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections