Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2012, 12:45 PM

2,238 posts, read 1,449,517 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
An Ambassador is a Presidential appointee and represents our country on foreign soil. Guaranteeing his/her safety is a no-brainer. The changes that were made in how the Ambassador was being protected was a terrible misjudgment. Any leader of any country is held responsible for his/her Ambarassador's safety detail.

It didn't matter whether there was intel about "Al Qaeda being in the neighborhood" or not! We are talking Libya here, a country where conflict has been directly aimed at the USA for decades.
yes while it was a terrible misjudgment we still don't know everything and to just use this man's death as a club to bash obama with is disdainful. I think your also forgetting though that while the ambassador and 3 other Americans died what about the Libyan's who tried helping him ? Instead of doing the blame game why not wait for the investigators report to come out about what happened ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2012, 01:11 PM

8,347 posts, read 7,268,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Notice the multiple use of the macho term "man up". Only wimps hide behind words like that or skilled propagandists.
Eerily sounds like palin, man up, no?

Old 10-16-2012, 01:14 PM

19,784 posts, read 15,164,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jt800 View Post
Exactly what words in the OP causes you to take this as a statement that Romney will send more troops to the ME?

It only says that he'll tell Obama to "man up" on the RESPONSIBILITY for the Libyan Ambassador's murder and not to shift the blame elsewhere.

I use Mitt's chest beating as a basis for my statement.

Old 10-16-2012, 01:18 PM

8,347 posts, read 7,268,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jt800 View Post
Well, for one thing, Bush isn't running for office.

For another thing, Bush didn't know that Al Qaeda was going to fly planes into buildings on September 11, 2001.

In THIS case, Obama DID know that there was no protest outside the Libyan Consulate, but he continued to lie about that for two weeks.

And please.....Liberals still continue to talk about Romney's dog that happened decades ago...so you really have no room to talk.
Yes he did know, and did nothing.
Bush Administration Ignored 9/11 Warnings -- Daily Intel

Old 10-16-2012, 01:33 PM

876 posts, read 711,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Mitt gets all chickenhawk-y and looks like a war monger. Mitt is the latest in a long line of Republicans who huff and puff and try to make everyone think their's are brass. I think Americans are on to that. And sick of it.

We'll see how smart Mitt is. And how many cups of coffee he's had tonight.

I don't know what chickenhawk-y is. Doesn't sound like it would be easy to quantify the amount of chickenhawk-y in someone is though. But, you still didn't answer my question. If you think he looks like a war monger, fine. But, what do you base it on? His haircut? Or just that there is an R beside his name? If all Republicans were the same then all of them would be successful like Romney. Romney appears strong to me, but he as far as I know, hasn't gone out saying that he just loves to go to war. And if you get yucky feelings about war, than how do you feel about what obama has done in the Middle East during his term? Is obama a "war monger" or "chickenhawk-y" too?

Old 10-16-2012, 01:41 PM

19,784 posts, read 15,164,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seahawkgirl View Post
I don't know what chickenhawk-y is. Doesn't sound like it would be easy to quantify the amount of chickenhawk-y in someone is though. But, you still didn't answer my question. If you think he looks like a war monger, fine. But, what do you base it on? His haircut? Or just that there is an R beside his name? If all Republicans were the same then all of them would be successful like Romney. Romney appears strong to me, but he as far as I know, hasn't gone out saying that he just loves to go to war. And if you get yucky feelings about war, than how do you feel about what obama has done in the Middle East during his term? Is obama a "war monger" or "chickenhawk-y" too?

chickenhawk is a pro war, just not for me and mine attitude.

Old 10-16-2012, 01:43 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,713,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StickyFingers View Post
yes while it was a terrible misjudgment we still don't know everything and to just use this man's death as a club to bash obama with is disdainful. I think your also forgetting though that while the ambassador and 3 other Americans died what about the Libyan's who tried helping him ? Instead of doing the blame game why not wait for the investigators report to come out about what happened ?
The Blame Game?

Obama's minions were out doing the blame game . . / NOT ME!

There has been plenty written to explain the situation and I have expressed on other threads my concern for all the lost souls.

You started out as an apologist for Obama and now you have tried to turn this into anyone questioning Obama's response (wh/ was by anyone's standards - including many in his own party - delayed and superficial) as uncaring about the facts and the lives lost.

What happened was . . . the usual detail of Marines that should have been protecting the Ambassador had been reduced. Now, that's it in a nutshell.

Here is a report from ABC, wh/ is not a rightwing nutball source, so for those of you who ARE confused about the facts . . . I suggest you do more reading.

Security Team Commander Says Ambassador Stevens Wanted His Team to Stay in Libya Past August - ABC News

Old 10-16-2012, 01:54 PM

39,181 posts, read 51,510,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
Who cares about Benghazi? Oh FOX supporters!
Of course. This is not a serious issue in this election no matter how much the wingnuts would like it to be. Let's be honest, a guy who gets labeled "Mitt the Twit" and becomes the laughing stock of the UK on his foreign adventure is in no position to lecture a president who holds a wide lead in the polls on the issue of foreign affairs. If Obama is half on his game tonight, he should be able to easily dismiss this rank amateur Romney on any topic having to do with the middle east.

Old 10-16-2012, 01:58 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,713,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Of course. This is not a serious issue in this election no matter how much the wingnuts would like it to be. Let's be honest, a guy who gets labeled "Mitt the Twit" and becomes the laughing stock of the UK on his foreign adventure is in no position to lecture a president who holds a wide lead in the polls on the issue of foreign affairs. If Obama is half on his game tonight, he should be able to easily dismiss this rank amateur Romney on any topic having to do with the middle east.
Oh for heaven's sake.

You have got to be kidding me -do you think for one minute anyone with any brains at all would give a rat's ass what a foreign press had to say about not only our President but any political candidate?

Benghazi is not some small issue - it is indicative of what is going to happen when we try to pull our troops out of that region - especially since this President has been so foolish as to plaster a withdrawal date all over the map.

You better believe it is a big issue and it is exactly what Cheney and Bush warned about happening.

Old 10-16-2012, 02:01 PM

41,109 posts, read 25,843,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Notice the multiple use of the macho term "man up". Only wimps hide behind words like that or skilled propagandists.
Actually, even though Obama is the "commander-in-chief" Obama is hiding behind Hillary a woman.

A commander-in-chief is the person exercising supreme command authority of a nation's military forces or significant element of those forces. In the latter case, the force element may be defined as those forces within a particular region or those forces which are associated by function.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections