Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2012, 10:51 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,686,325 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed from California View Post
Aw, you lunatic lefties are in for another heartache in a few weeks. Your boy looked the fool. Again.
He be the angry black man in the room.

Even the other black man, the one who asked him the question, pretty much nailed him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2012, 10:54 PM

20,128 posts, read 16,183,823 times
I concede. This one was Obama's. Although I do think Romney got Obama on the economy. But heck, anyone running against Obama can win on the economy. Obama's problem is that he is the incumbent and what he's really running against is his own record. That's not going to go away.

Old 10-16-2012, 10:55 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,928,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maabus1999 View Post
I think a lot of Romney supporters are not happy, though most won't admit it.
i am happy.

where can i vote on the polls?

Old 10-16-2012, 11:43 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,180,905 times

Not on all areas. Romney overwhelmingly won on the economy and tomorrow after further analysis and facts come forth the story will change. Crowley was a horrible moderator and she interjected her own feelings into this without the proper facts to protect Obama. When this is made clear and it will be, people will be very aggravated.

Old 10-16-2012, 11:46 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,180,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
Charles Krauthammer also conceded Obama won this one. He looked very unhappy, btw.

This makes the final debate even more important.

Krauthammer has been very unreliable this entire election. Fox has an agenda and it's not a good one for Mitt Romney. I don't listen to what people like Krauthammer say anymore. It rarely reflects what the people at home are thinking.

Old 10-16-2012, 11:46 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,612,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
Not on all areas. Romney overwhelmingly won on the economy and tomorrow after further analysis and facts come forth the story will change.

No it won't. Romney continues to be what he's always been. A walking character flaw.

Old 10-17-2012, 12:08 AM

3,598 posts, read 4,953,164 times
Quote:
Fox has an agenda and it's not a good one for Mitt Romney.
Thanks for the laugh!

Hannity should be getting a paycheck from Romney!

Old 10-17-2012, 12:11 AM

1,084 posts, read 1,847,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
He be the angry black man in the room.

Even the other black man, the one who asked him the question, pretty much nailed him.

Nope he wasn't. It's funny how white people are so quick to label a black male an angry black man when said black man doesn't have HALF the attitude, tone, or aggressiveness as the white man in the room, yet the white man is called "aggressive" and the black man angry. Go figure.

In this case Romney seemed angrier than Obama, whereas Obama seemed more calm. That's not to say that there weren't moments where Obama wasn't heated, but Romney had more of these moments at times where Obama was smiling, sitting back relaxing. It wasn't until the end, where we saw Mitt seem "relaxed".

Of course maybe it's just the fact that Romney's face is always so red(I'm not sure if it's from permanent sun damage, or him being on the verge of exploding).

Old 10-17-2012, 12:13 AM

1,084 posts, read 1,847,326 times
Quote:
Not on all areas. Romney overwhelmingly won on the economy and tomorrow after further analysis and facts come forth the story will change. Crowley was a horrible moderator and she interjected her own feelings into this without the proper facts to protect Obama. When this is made clear and it will be, people will be very aggravated.
The only people that will be aggravated will be republicans like yourself. Undecideds, and democrats will not be. However I agree with you that Romney won on the economy, however that was probably the only "strong" win he had throughout the debate, and that is why most polls and most political pundits are saying Obama won this debate. It wasn't hit the ball out of the park win, but it was a "win" and that is not only based on the Libya attack but on the overall debate.

Old 10-17-2012, 12:22 AM

684 posts, read 825,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunkisses87 View Post
The only people that will be aggravated will be republicans like yourself. Undecideds, and democrats will not be. However I agree with you that Romney won on the economy, however that was probably the only "strong" win he had throughout the debate, and that is why most polls and most political pundits are saying Obama won this debate. It wasn't hit the ball out of the park win, but it was a "win" and that is not only based on the Libya attack but on the overall debate.
Yep. Obama won the debate.

I'm not basing that on polls, as we won't have any real polls on undecided's until next week, which is the only way of telling who won with any certainty.

Instead, a simple search of news outlets shows that the majority of news outlets showed Obama as the aggressor. In a debate, the one seen as most passionate wins. I predict we will see a slight shift in the polls in Obama's favor next week, which leaves the last debate being the most important.

That debate narrative will be all about whether Governor Romney can discourage Democratic supporters. If he can and there's a drop of even a few percentage points of voter turnout, Romney wins the election. If the President keeps his base revitalized, President Obama is re-elected. That's what next election will be about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections