Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2012, 10:38 PM

39,897 posts, read 26,582,680 times

Advertisements

After watching this debate...I have to say, if this is the best this country can come up with, we deserve whichever we get. Neither were very impressive, came across as honest or sincere or actually looked like a leader. Both seem more like spoiled high school students that leaders of this country. Obama has one of the worst records of any president in history and should be simple to beat...but I'm not sure Romney has what it takes.

Who the heck are the 3rd party candidates again?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2012, 10:45 PM

8,802 posts, read 8,911,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
After watching this debate...I have to say, if this is the best this country can come up with, we deserve whichever we get. Neither were very impressive, came across as honest or sincere or actually looked like a leader. Both seem more like spoiled high school students that leaders of this country. Obama has one of the worst records of any president in history and should be simple to beat...but I'm not sure Romney has what it takes.

Who the heck are the 3rd party candidates again?
I agree, America deserves its downfall. This is what happens when you get too complacent. Once again, the Peter Schiffs and Ron Pauls will be proven right.

Old 10-17-2012, 12:14 AM

1,637 posts, read 1,913,214 times
Which leads right up to the following video:

Voting is meaningless

Old 10-17-2012, 12:29 AM

And this video:

George Carlin on freedom and society

Old 10-17-2012, 12:36 AM

Here's a fundamental philosophical question I have about this election. How did a Republican candidate who basically agrees with everything Obama said in this last debate get to be nominated to be the Republican nominee in the first place? What exactly were the majority of Republican voters thinking about in the primaries and what was their criteria for nominating Obomney?

Old 10-17-2012, 12:42 AM

8,483 posts, read 6,945,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkbatca View Post
Carlin's great. LOL.

Wonder when those were recorded?

HAVA has made sure those machines will crank out the right numbers for one of 2 sides of the private party that has bought the machines.

Yep pretty sad.

They don't really talk about anything of any importance in these debates. Mostly a bit of a show, if you are into that kinda thing.

Old 10-17-2012, 09:42 AM

39,897 posts, read 26,582,680 times
I may end up voting for Gary Johnson...even if I don't trust someone that doesn't drink alcohol or coffee.

Quote:
Johnson announced his candidacy for President on April 21, 2011, as a Republican,[12] on a libertarian platform emphasizing the United States public debt and a balanced budget through a 43% reduction of all federal government spending, protection of civil liberties, an immediate end to the War in Afghanistan and his advocacy of the FairTax. On December 28, 2011, after being excluded from the majority of the Republican Party's presidential debates and failing to gain traction while campaigning for the New Hampshire primary, he withdrew his candidacy for the Republican nomination and announced that he would continue his presidential campaign as a candidate for the nomination of the Libertarian Party
Sounds far better than either of the two who showed up for last nights debate.

Old 10-17-2012, 10:18 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,245,621 times
Sounds like you should vote for a third party, though I will say it is more important who you vote for in Congress than it is president. Congress has the ability to create bills that have an actual effect on your life.

Old 10-17-2012, 10:24 AM

21,196 posts, read 19,809,403 times
Who else would be stupid enough to think they can clean up the mess created in Washington, D.C.?

Old 10-17-2012, 10:32 AM

12,772 posts, read 7,997,651 times
Yup, 300M and we get such a small handful of candidates to weed through, then its boiled down to just 2 essentially. You have infinitely more options for even just buying a car...sad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections