Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2012, 04:59 AM

4,921 posts, read 7,689,172 times

Advertisements

Do you really think Romney will get tough on China?
Check out his Chinese investments.

Romney's Stake in Chinese Stocks | Mother Jones
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2012, 05:02 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,851,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donsabi View Post
Do you really think Romney will get tough on China?
Check out his Chinese investments.

Romney's Stake in Chinese Stocks | Mother Jones
But! But! Obama has Mutual Funds!!!! Oh wait ... so do I!!

Old 10-17-2012, 09:12 AM

6,933 posts, read 8,492,393 times
The Romney's China investments are relatively small, given the size of his portfolio. It's likely the mutual funds the President is invested in holds positions in the same or other companies in China. I'd be more interested in learning more about Bain and it's involvement relative to China when Romney was there. The personal investments are a non-issue for me.

Old 10-17-2012, 09:38 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,808,661 times
Romney needs to stop putting his own profit above the US!

Romney Invests in Chinese Embezzler, Company Helping IRAN! - YouTube

Old 10-17-2012, 09:45 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,808,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
The Romney's China investments are relatively small, given the size of his portfolio. It's likely the mutual funds the President is invested in holds positions in the same or other companies in China. I'd be more interested in learning more about Bain and it's involvement relative to China when Romney was there. The personal investments are a non-issue for me.

Listen to it from Mitt himself!

Mitt Romney praises the virtues of cheap female Chinese factory workers at private fundraiser - YouTube

"When I was back in my private equity days, we went to China to buy a factory there."

Old 10-17-2012, 09:51 AM

2,117 posts, read 1,880,196 times
Neither president can crack down on China. China and their allies hold the fate of the US dollar in their hands. At any time, they could make even a slight mention to the market that they have little confidence in the dollar, thus will no longer invest in our treasury bonds.

Well, our treasury relies on an ever-growing base of investors because of the deficit, and once the investors go, so does the dollar, Bernie Maddoff style.

So, Mitt and Barack, do us a favor and shut the **** up about China, there's nothing you can do about it because our monetary and banking system was hyjacked a long, long time ago.

Old 10-17-2012, 11:17 AM

7,168 posts, read 5,364,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Some_Random_Guy View Post
Neither president can crack down on China. China and their allies hold the fate of the US dollar in their hands. At any time, they could make even a slight mention to the market that they have little confidence in the dollar, thus will no longer invest in our treasury bonds.

Well, our treasury relies on an ever-growing base of investors because of the deficit, and once the investors go, so does the dollar, Bernie Maddoff style.

So, Mitt and Barack, do us a favor and shut the **** up about China, there's nothing you can do about it because our monetary and banking system was hyjacked a long, long time ago.
Good post and welcome to the forum I have said all along that the China trade and currency issue is campaign rhetoric. The leaders do this every four years it is amazing that people slurp this up. Just like Obama during the o8 {D} debates stated that he wants to renegotiate parts of NAFTA. That was the last time I heard him mention NAFTA and it is not even a issue this election.

I think China is sending a message to the markets, they have made deals with Russia and some other countries of using their currency in trade instead of USD.

If you listen to Mittens his big selling point he is going to label China a currency manipulater and I wonder what good would that do? As expected China has answered with look how much money Benny is printing so I expect Mittens solution to go nowhere.

Last edited by Swingblade; 10-17-2012 at 11:43 AM..

Old 10-17-2012, 11:35 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,727,707 times
LOL, Obama avoided the discussion about HIS retirement like the plaque. There is a reason Romney kept asking and that is because Obama thinks its' ok to attack but hide that he is doing the same thing. A so goes how a liberal fights their battles.

Old 10-17-2012, 11:45 AM

13,721 posts, read 19,254,280 times
Your retirement plan most likely includes Chinese funds too, and so does Obama's.

Old 10-17-2012, 11:49 AM

6,933 posts, read 8,492,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
Your retirement plan most likely includes Chinese funds too, and so does Obama's.
Not just "Chinese funds" but investments in USA based corporations which have operations in China, etc. The USA 'Big 3" auto manufacturers, Apple, etc., etc. 401k and IRA accounts have these types of investments, typically. And the dollar amount of the Romney investments, cited above, are miniscule as compared to his overall wealth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections