Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-18-2012, 05:51 AM

46,302 posts, read 27,117,053 times

Advertisements

From CNN Mark Whitacker,
BTW if you don't like the link, then disprove it, don't bash it...
Quote:
[LEFT]"Let's start with a big round of applause for Candy Crowley for a superb job under the most difficult circumstances imaginable. She and her team had to select and sequence questions in a matter of hours, and then she had to deal with the tricky format, the nervous questioners, the aggressive debaters, all while shutting out the pre-debate attempts to spin and intimidate her. She pulled it off masterfully.
The reviews on Candy's performance have been overwhelmingly positive but Romney supporters are going after her on two points, no doubt because their man did not have as good a night as he had in Denver. On the legitimacy of Candy fact-checking Romney on Obama's Rose Garden statement, it should be stressed that she was just stating a point of fact: Obama did talk about an act (or acts) of terror, no matter what you think he meant by that at the time. On why Obama got more time to speak, it should be noted that Candy and her commission producers tried to keep it even but that Obama went on longer largely because he speaks more slowly. We're going to do a word count to see whether, as in Denver, Romney actually got more words in even if he talked for a shorter period of time.[/LEFT]
[LEFT]Read more: CNN Tries to Blunt Romney Criticism Over Candy Crowley | TMZ.com[/LEFT]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2012, 07:40 AM

6,933 posts, read 8,496,683 times
I'm not certain you understood what you wanted to say. Maybe you'd like to try again. This time, in English.

Old 10-18-2012, 09:33 AM

46,302 posts, read 27,117,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
I'm not certain you understood what you wanted to say. Maybe you'd like to try again. This time, in English.
Please show me.......or you cannot answer the question...i'll bet the latter...

Quote:
From CNN Mark Whitacker,
BTW if you don't like the link, then disprove it, don't bash it...
Above is what I posted, the only thing I did was post a link that disagree's with obama...from CNN.

I would ask if you understand, but it's obvious you do not....

Old 10-18-2012, 11:27 AM

6,902 posts, read 7,539,963 times
Ok, I've read the article twice and I also do not see the disagreement your claiming. The author if anything is defending Candy and the reason the President spoke longer than Romney. the author also reiterated what the President said in his speech, What Candy said during the debate. Where is the disagreement? Where did the author say he disagreed or questioned anything that was said?

You can't dispute whats not there,.

Old 10-18-2012, 11:58 AM

4,861 posts, read 9,313,126 times
Obama does talk slow. "I...uh...I...well, I...uh...think...that we should..." but it's not like it's a physical handicap or something that should be accommodated. It's because he can't think fast on his feet and needs a teleprompter. Too bad, life's a b**ch, but honestly, if someone is attempting to regain employment as the leader of the United States of America, shouldn't he be more adept at stating his ideas? Why reward this instead of allowing the voting public to observe this weakness? Think faster, be better prepared, or be prepared to be cut off before you make your points.

The only thing left for Candy to do to protect/promote this little guy would have been to tuck him inside that industrial-sized black blazer of hers and pat him on the head.

Old 10-18-2012, 10:36 PM

592 posts, read 502,556 times
Great topic from a right Winger. After Obama 2012 you wins you will still have 4 years to discuss the moderator. Remember they did spend 4 years on the Birther issue. They need a bone to chew on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections