Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2012, 02:01 PM

1,105 posts, read 1,796,582 times

Advertisements

I have a question? What happened to the republican political support for Romney? I haven't heard of anyone stomping for him besides businessmen and corporations.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2012, 02:15 PM

41,109 posts, read 25,857,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAXIALE02 View Post
I have a question? What happened to the republican political support for Romney? I haven't heard of anyone stomping for him besides businessmen and corporations.
Lame attempt.

I know many middle class Americans - employees, elderly, young not voting for Romney.

Old 10-18-2012, 02:30 PM

1,105 posts, read 1,796,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Lame attempt.

I know many middle class Americans - employees, elderly, young not voting for Romney.
Uh, what's your point? I've seen Clinton, Kerry and a few other politicians stomping for Obama. I just want the names of other republican politicians stomping for Romney. Why the hostility? Can't you just answe the question??

Last edited by MAXIALE02; 10-18-2012 at 02:31 PM.. Reason: Spelling

Old 10-18-2012, 02:33 PM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,504,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post
I think what your trying to say in your long, ill informed, rambling rant is, The only clear, logical, choice if you want America to succeed, it to vote for Mitt Romney. He wants the country too succeed and prosper, not become a third world country like obama dreams of...
Let me guess, you just got thru seeing that bit of rightwing propaganda so popular among wingnuts these days, known as "2016: Obama's America". Produced by Dinesh D’Souza, a staunch neoconservative and Fundie apologist (who among other things, outed gay students at Dartmouth against their wishes), this "documentary" alleges that Obama is primarily motivated by "anti-colonialist" fervor and secretly wants to turn the US into "a third world country"!

Oh yeah, real "objective" and "non-partisan" advice alright...!

Old 10-18-2012, 03:49 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,465,772 times
Default Undecided? The choice is clear

I doubt that you are undecided, and don't think anyone is at this late stage. If you are undecided, this means that you likely are being suckered into supporting Romney because of his massive deceptive marketing campaign. Shame on you.

A vote for Romney is an acknowledgement that:

1) You ignored the fact that Romney hails from the party of Bush, offering the same Bush crap that created the problems. For instance, "trickle-down" has never worked, but this is what Romney advocates.

2) Republicans have succeeded in making you forget Bush, who only 48 months ago left this country in a free fall, bleeding to death. Romney never mentions Bush because Bush's policies directly reflect on the absurdity of his own. Romney never mentions Bush because he knows that it takes more than 4 years to undo the damage that Bush did, more than 4 years to resuscitate this country from the Bush after-effects.

3) Republicans have succeeded in making you blame President Obama for the actions by Congressional Republicans to do all they could to make the President fail. The actions by Congressional Republicans these past four years have been more pathetic and detrimental to the well-being of this country than at any time in history.

4) Republicans have succeeded in making you ignore the actions of Congressional Republicans. This deserves repeating. The President of the United States must work with Congress to get things done. If Congress opposes the President, the President cannot get his plans implemented even if those plans would complete revive a sagging economy, cut the deficit, and employ millions. This is a key point. Because Republicans fear the success that they knew President Obama could bring, they opposed EVERYTHING HE PROPOSED. This was detrimental to the country, and they want you to blame the President.

5) You ignore the fact that Romney has been disingenuous when he campaigns slamming the President for the past 4 years, rattling offer numbers which sound bad, but ignoring the role that Congressional Republicans had in creating those numbers.

6) You don't care that Romney hasn't released his tax returns which show thaat he, like the wealthy segment of this country that he only represents, paid few taxes than damn near 99% of the people in this country, certainly more than the 47% he has such disdain for.

7) You don't care that Romney runs for the hills, desperately avoiding disclosure of his Bain record. Through Bain, Romney showed his true self. Only care about profit, at the expense of jobs. Romney destroyed American families and created jobs abroad while displace qualified Americans perished. The man cares only about making the rich, richer, while everyone else goes to hell. Profit is king with Romney. As his history has shown us, he will create jobs...in other countries.

8) You ignore Romney's 47% comment. This is the true Romney and it is a glaring example of the collosal ignorance which defines his ideology. Nothing but disdain for all who are not rich and privileged.

9) You ignore Romney's flip-flopping and lying. Mitt Romney changes position to sucker in votes. He lies to give the appearance that he is right and to win debates. He has no class. His level of integrity and character pale when compared to that of President Obama. Bush lied to wage unnecessary wars. What in the hell would Romney lie to do?

10) You ignore the fact that Romney has no plans, ONLY GOALS.

11) You support an ideology which wants to undo the 20th century, one that has more in common with the Klan than not, one that has no clue how to effectively run an economy, reduce a deficit, balance a budget, or benefit all, not just the rich.

The choice has always been clear and I am very happy to be among the most enlightened in this country in supporting President Obama. Looking forward to his second term.

Old 10-18-2012, 04:12 PM

37,848 posts, read 41,209,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbmsu01 View Post

What do you guys think?
I think by now you should have made up your mind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections