Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2012, 02:47 PM

3,179 posts, read 3,169,739 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
LOL...the Clinton's took the china!
And all of the 'W's off the keyboards/typewriters!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2012, 02:48 PM

30,084 posts, read 18,698,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by canudigit View Post
Of course it is pretty close, but with Romney continuing to surge in most or all of the national polls, it is looking more and more like Obama may end up being a one term president. If that should happen, what do you think he would do? Move back to Chicago? Find another job in Washington?

Our last one term President was obviously George Bush, Sr., and he basically retired. Obama is pretty young to be looking at retirement. Anyone have any information or ideas on what he will do for a living if he is defeated?
To avoid serving time in the federal pen. After "Fast and Furious", Solyndra, Libya, and all those pesky details (like nation of origin) on his college transcript, he may have to flee the country. Without his ability, as president, to keep the lid on these issues, the facts will come out.

They could probably open up an "Illinois wing" in the federal pen with all the former Illinois governors there. Perhaps they can give Obama a special suite.

Old 10-18-2012, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
The question was asked at a media event I saw and he said that he wants to work in the area of education---not teaching but improving the system, opening up educational opportunities something along those lines. He didn't say it but I'm sure he'll write more books as well.
Oh that's GREAT! Maybe he can be an adjunct Professor at U of Chicago with his buddy Bill Ayers.

Old 10-18-2012, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
To avoid serving time in the federal pen. After "Fast and Furious", Solyndra, Libya, and all those pesky details (like nation of origin) on his college transcript, he may have to flee the country. Without his ability, as president, to keep the lid on these issues, the facts will come out.

They could probably open up an "Illinois wing" in the federal pen with all the former Illinois governors there. Perhaps they can give Obama a special suite.

I think Obama and Blago would make fantastic cellmates. Ooo, make they could give them a triple with Tony Rezko .... LOL!

Old 10-18-2012, 03:43 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,543,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ObserverNY View Post
Oh that's GREAT! Maybe he can be an adjunct Professor at U of Chicago with his buddy Bill Ayers.
That is more likely what he will do . . . he has never actually practiced law. But that makes him the perfect person to teach it, I suspect, lol.

Old 10-18-2012, 04:04 PM

39,876 posts, read 26,550,083 times
"Do you want fries with that?"

Old 10-18-2012, 04:09 PM

2,603 posts, read 5,025,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
That is more likely what he will do . . . he has never actually practiced law. But that makes him the perfect person to teach it, I suspect, lol.
It is a bit odd how that works. But it's not at all uncommon for top Ivy grads to go straight into teaching and legal scholarship at other top law schools. I would suspect he would easily be able to get a tenured position when he leaves office in 2016, though he may be getting a little long in the tooth for that.

Old 10-18-2012, 04:12 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,543,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coped View Post
It is a bit odd how that works. But it's not at all uncommon for top Ivy grads to go straight into teaching and legal scholarship at other top law schools. I would suspect he would easily be able to get a tenured position when he leaves office in 2016, though he may be getting a little long in the tooth for that.
Yes, I have noticed this over the years . . .

I would think any law school in America would be chomping at the bit to get a former President on their faculty. As a student, I would be very interested in having a former President for my professor.

Old 10-18-2012, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coped View Post
You got your years mixed up .........tenure BY 2016 when he starts teaching in 2013 .... 3 yrs......

Old 11-12-2012, 10:44 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,301,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by canudigit View Post
Of course it is pretty close, but with Romney continuing to surge in most or all of the national polls, it is looking more and more like Obama may end up being a one term president. If that should happen, what do you think he would do? Move back to Chicago? Find another job in Washington?

Our last one term President was obviously George Bush, Sr., and he basically retired. Obama is pretty young to be looking at retirement. Anyone have any information or ideas on what he will do for a living if he is defeated?
I guess we'll never know
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections