Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-27-2012, 01:12 PM

6,369 posts, read 6,416,209 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerlily View Post
Regarding Obama's weak support among white voters, where are the white non Obama voters located? In the south?
Clip:
By the same token, the "national Obama white vote" category, sometimes discussed these days, is skewed by the South. The benchmark for Obama here is 40 percent. He's below that in most polls right now. But remember, his white vote in the South is maybe 25 percent tops. So it's higher elsewhere. And it doesn't matter on Election Day how low it goes in Arkansas and Alabama and all those other places, because he's not going to win those states and he's not going to need to.
The Gallup Mystery and Other Matters - Print View - The Daily Beast
Less here than meets the eye. What about the Latino vote in California? The black vote in Illinois? The Jewish vote in NY? Aren't they all in the same situation as the white vote in Alabama--not pertinent to the overall outcome? To paraphrase the article, "It doesn't matter how high those totals go in California and Illinois and New York because Ronmney is not going to win those states and he's not going to need to."

I think the pundits and partisans who ignore or diminish the national polls from Gallup, the AP, Washington Post etc. are at least somewhat likely to be the ones with egg on their faces after Nov. 6th.

It's a horse race, period.

Old 10-27-2012, 01:54 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,438,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcopolo View Post
Less here than meets the eye. What about the Latino vote in California? The black vote in Illinois? The Jewish vote in NY? Aren't they all in the same situation as the white vote in Alabama--not pertinent to the overall outcome? To paraphrase the article, "It doesn't matter how high those totals go in California and Illinois and New York because Ronmney is not going to win those states and he's not going to need to."

I think the pundits and partisans who ignore or diminish the national polls from Gallup, the AP, Washington Post etc. are at least somewhat likely to be the ones with egg on their faces after Nov. 6th.

It's a horse race, period.
Exactly I've done some comparisons between the National White vote support for Dem pres candidates and PA Whites. It appears PA Whites support the Dem candidate 4 PTs more than Whites nationally. So if Romney gets 60% of Whites in the country he's likely to get probably 56% of Whites in PA minimally. If Romney gets 56% of PA Whites Election Day becomes more interesting.

Old 10-27-2012, 02:07 PM

39,093 posts, read 51,289,449 times
Gravis has Virginia in a tie in their latest. The last Gravis I see is back in September. When everyone else had Obama up by a handful Gravis had Romney by 5 then. I don't know what to make of Gravis polls. Early vote in VA is going to be impacted by Sandy.

Old 10-27-2012, 02:21 PM

2,072 posts, read 6,700,637 times
CO wont matter- its all about Ohio & Wisconsin and I cant seem Romney winning Ohio. Its bad news- we are stuck with obama again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellhead View Post
Some Colorado early voting info... Republicans are leading the early voting....

Daily Kos: Colorado Early Voting- A Statistical Comparison to 2008

Old 10-27-2012, 02:28 PM

1,988 posts, read 2,227,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Gravis has Virginia in a tie in their latest. The last Gravis I see is back in September. When everyone else had Obama up by a handful Gravis had Romney by 5 then. I don't know what to make of Gravis polls. Early vote in VA is going to be impacted by Sandy.
Gravis is all over the place. I'm not sure if they are trustworthy.

Old 10-27-2012, 02:30 PM

25,574 posts, read 56,520,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Positiveone View Post
CO wont matter- its all about Ohio & Wisconsin and I cant seem Romney winning Ohio. Its bad news- we are stuck with obama again!
I hope you're right, but don't be too sure about that. In a close election, vote shifting by the GOP has flipped elections and has occurred in all the states in the past.

NSA Analyst Proves GOP Is Stealing Elections | UK Progressive

Romney stole the nomination, he will steal this election, all the state polls notwithstanding, so not to worry - unless there is a massive turnout for Obama.

Old 10-27-2012, 02:30 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,438,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Positiveone View Post
If so shame on the people of Ohio, frankly I hope Romney wins without the state.

Old 10-27-2012, 03:00 PM

380 posts, read 377,058 times
Default Please Update Oregon Poll

Just curious to where the guys stand right now.

Old 10-27-2012, 03:44 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,223,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
I'm beyond arguing with libs on here about polls the tea leaves are clear, Obama s weak support among Whites and Indies leaves him vulnerable across many states not usually considered swing state. Nov 6 will be a night of surprises, Nate Silver will be fired when the dust is settled.
Probably because you have a crazy notion that Romney has a chance to win in Oregon when a Republican hasn't won there in a long time....tell me, when was the last time a Republican won in Oregon and who was that person?

Old 10-27-2012, 03:59 PM

3,620 posts, read 3,840,821 times
gravis just released:

Gravis Virginia: Romney 48 Obama 48 prior poll Romney 49 Obama 44
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections