Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-01-2012, 08:08 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,991,400 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
You are linking to articles from 2011.....things that never came to pass and per even your 2nd link aren't "cuts" but rather tethering the CPI (which I alluded to) and increasing the age which is again, not a cut for the existing recipients.

Besides, we are talking about all the claims that electing ROMNEY means SS will be cut....not that Obama was pondering some non-overt future benefit changes over a year ago in budget discussions.

I realize they did a thread merge here, you might want to get your bearings before calling me clueless. Thanks!
Chained CPI would not represent a cut in benefits. How stupid do you think we are?....LOL

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1011/66825.html

Even in the 1st debate Obama said he agrees with Romney on SS "reforms"

Everything I posted is relevant. Only the deal will be done AFTER the election.

SS will be cut regardless of who is elected as the Obama Administration has admitted to reporters.

BTW this IMO is the greatest example of how stupid Americans are that politicians have put out this nonsense that cuts to SS are unavoidable...LOL

And they'll cut their benefits right out in the open and get away with it so that the wealthy don't incur a mild increase in their tax rates.

Last edited by padcrasher; 11-01-2012 at 08:38 PM..

Old 11-01-2012, 08:22 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,492,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
You're a victim of misinformation. The SS Admin puts out yearly financial statements and they explain what it would take to correct the long term, moderate, deficit. You obviously don't have the mental capacity to research and think for yourself. So you fall for what conartists are telling you. You know one clue how I know you don't know anything? Nobody, no person, anywhere has proposed current retirees have their benefits cut. But you think yours will be because you don't know any better.
Quote:
A temporary reduction in the Social Security payroll tax rate reduced payroll tax revenues by $103 billion in 2011 and by a projected $112 billion in 2012. The legislation establishing the payroll tax reduction also provided for transfers of revenues from the general fund to the trust funds in order to “replicate to the extent possible” payments that would have occurred if the payroll tax reduction had not been enacted. Those general fund reimbursements comprise about 15 percent of the program's noninterest income in 2011 and 2012.

However, the Disability Insurance (DI) program satisfies neither the long-range test nor the short-range test. DI costs have exceeded noninterest income since 2005, and the Trustees project trust fund exhaustion in 2016, two years earlier than projected last year. The DI program faces the most immediate financing shortfall of any of the separate trust funds; thus lawmakers need to act soon to avoid reduced payments to DI beneficiaries four years from now.
http://www.ssa.gov/OACT/TRSUM/tr12summary.pdf

How did those Obama cheeseburgers taste that he got from those on DI?

Old 11-01-2012, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
http://www.ssa.gov/OACT/TRSUM/tr12summary.pdf

How did those Obama cheeseburgers taste that he got from those on DI?
Are you bright enough to present some sort of argument?

Rather than cut n paste and cherry pick the "disablity insurance" deficit which a minor part of the program.

Old 11-01-2012, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer_x View Post
You keep focusing on this drivel.....haha.....and I really love those libs focusing on Intrade.....

You are going to be severely disappointed next week. Early voting and the way this election is breaking tells us all we need to know....its o-v-e-r for The One. Silver is either delusional or in the tank for Dems. Or Both. Likely both.
Oh I'm going to be sooooo embarrasseeed on Tuesday night.....LOL

Yes you keep telling yourself that......It will make the hurt go away...LOL

Old 11-01-2012, 08:58 PM

44 posts, read 43,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Oh I'm going to be sooooo embarrasseeed on Tuesday night.....LOL

Yes you keep telling yourself that......It will make the hurt go away...LOL
Look...obviously there are two schools of thought....either the electorate will look like 2008, like all of the university and media outlet polls are pushing hard, and Obama gets reelected, or it looks like what Rassmussen and Gallup (Polling organizations) think it will look, and Romney will win.

I will go with Rass and Gallup, as everything points to a R+1 or better electorate for 2012, and certainly not D+8 which is what every MSM poll is touting.

Gallups 9000+ sample to obtain what electorate would look like (36/35 for R+1) Early voting swings for Romney(+7%), Obvious Republican Enthusiasm at record levels, Independents swinging for Romney 2-1, Favorability ratings, all point to a substantially different turnout. If this is the case, which I obviously think it is, its Romney with a comfortable Win and i am watching the meltdown on MSNBC on Tues Night.

either way....will be back on Tuesday Night.

Old 11-01-2012, 09:06 PM

2,654 posts, read 5,766,708 times
zzzzzzzzzzzzzz look back a few pages. This "2008 voter model" and "THEY'RE OVERSAMPLIN LIBRULS LOL!" has been dispelled multiple times.

Oh also, here's some extra holes to poke in the "Early voting up for Romney!" logic

Early voting results 2012 - Associated Press - POLITICO.com

Old 11-01-2012, 09:12 PM

44 posts, read 43,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick is rulz View Post
zzzzzzzzzzzzzz look back a few pages. This "2008 voter model" and "THEY'RE OVERSAMPLIN LIBRULS LOL!" has been dispelled multiple times.

Oh also, here's some extra holes to poke in the "Early voting up for Romney!" logic

Uhh? What are you looking at? These look like great totals for Romney.....

Read the comments section for explanation.

Old 11-01-2012, 09:23 PM

39,093 posts, read 51,289,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick is rulz View Post

What these cons are trying to argue is that every polling company except Rasmussen has significant systematic error in their results and is therefore publishing erroneous results. The logic defies both science and imagination. It is simply wishful thinking on their part.

Old 11-01-2012, 09:23 PM

They look great for him? With the exception of CO, he is trailing in every early vote.

Old 11-01-2012, 09:24 PM

P.s. They're oversamplin libruls lol!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections