Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-04-2012, 02:49 PM

44 posts, read 43,633 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerlily View Post
Pew had them tied a week ago. I would also add that the President drew a crowd of 14,000 in Concord, N.H. today. I don't think Katy was there.

New Pew poll shows Obama in lead as he and Mitt Romney make final push toward Election Day - The Washington Post
Yawn. Romney draws 18,000 in Colorado.

EDIT: Sorry, that was Liz Smiths (director of Rapid response for Obama) estimate....Crowd was really 30,000 according to Fire Chief. LOL. http://news.cincinnati.com/article/2...nclick_check=1

Last edited by racer_x; 11-04-2012 at 03:33 PM..

Old 11-04-2012, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
Twitter? Seriously?

There's no way of telling the exact breakdown of early voting along party lines. Ohio doesn't even have party registration. Thus, the numbers in the video cannot be accurate. However, it is possible to get a sense of what the electorate in Ohio is looking like by examining the stats for each county. So far, Cuyahoga is on pace with 2008 turnout, considering that early voting started later this year than it did in 2008.

You can also get a sense of how things are shaping out by looking at polling data. As Time reported not that long ago, Obama was winning the early vote by a 2 to 1 margin. The latest NBC/WSJ poll has similar numbers.
And now the excuses start. Watch the video. Ohio party lines from 2008 used and yes they can be determined on that as every poll has done so far this year.

Also, Cayahoga County (incl. heavy democratic Cleveland) the GOP has shaved six points off of their lead from 2008. So I wouldnt call that on pace for anything but a GOP victory in Ohio. Other counties have already reversed against the Dems.....

And i can get a sense of how things are shaping up for Dems by watching Axelrod stumble and panic in that Video where he has zero response.

Old 11-04-2012, 03:01 PM

2,859 posts, read 4,627,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by racer_x View Post
And now the excuses start. Watch the video. Ohio party lines from 2008 used and yes they can be determined on that as every poll has done so far this year.

Also, Cayahoga County (incl. heavy democratic Cleveland) the GOP has shaved six points off of their lead from 2008. So I wouldnt call that on pace for anything but a GOP victory in Ohio. Other counties have already reversed against the Dems.....

And i can get a sense of how things are shaping up for Dems by watching Axelrod stumble and panic in that Video where he has zero response.
Where's the excuse?

Old 11-04-2012, 03:02 PM

32,119 posts, read 34,777,818 times
Quote:

You can't count the actual number of votes cast by party before election day. How would that even be possible? The best you can do is count the number of ballots cast. The polling can tell you which way the race is headed, but that can't give you an exact number.

Old 11-04-2012, 03:10 PM

25,574 posts, read 56,516,335 times
Quote:
He always sounds like that. I'm getting very seriously positive vibes from the all the Dems on TV today. No worries, that I can see. Tagg better get the hackers going - especially in Ohio. I think Romney's got FL locked up - no way Dems will get an honest vote count down there.

Old 11-04-2012, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
He always sounds like that. I'm getting very seriously positive vibes from the all the Dems on TV today. No worries, that I can see. Tagg better get the hackers going - especially in Ohio. I think Romney's got FL locked up - no way Dems will get an honest vote count down there.
Keep watching MSNBC thru Wednesday to keep those positive vibes flowing.

Old 11-04-2012, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
You can't count the actual number of votes cast by party before election day. How would that even be possible? The best you can do is count the number of ballots cast. The polling can tell you which way the race is headed, but that can't give you an exact number.
You simply discount the absentee ballots and point back to the polls as if the information is not worrisome for Dems.

I will make you a deal.....

If Obama wins, i will declare that Republicans have no chance of winning another presidential election in my lifetime, and that Nate Silver is my new lord and Saviour.

If Romney wins, you declare that every presidential poll that has Obama ahead right now, and every mainstream media outlet (ABC, NBC, MSNBC, CNN, Reuters, AP, etc.) is completely in the tank the the Democrats to the point of bordering on criminal, and will never point to them as proof of who is going to win an election in the future.

Deal?

Didnt think so....

Old 11-04-2012, 04:26 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,436,658 times
Polls are just a snapshot in time. I believe what my eyes are seeing. Thirty thousand people don't wait in 32 degree weather in Blue PA for kicks.

Massive crowd in Bucks Co., PA awaiting Gov. Romney. Hat tip Dave Hendricks. http://twitter.yfrog.com/ntmxzvhj

Old 11-04-2012, 04:37 PM

Yes, its not about finding a path at this point..its about establishing a path for America. I believe the population is still pretty intelligent, and swelling of support for Romney, and against the tyranny of Obama, is palpable. Romney is not the satanic figure they paint him out to be, and people can see that. People have other options for news outside the MSM now which is a good thing. The republicans havent produced a candidate this well spoken since Reagan (which is unfortunate). Whats sweet is, they didnt even have to go after Obama on Libya, and they won't. Unfortunate for the families of those that were betrayed, but the stain on this presidency will live on anyways.

Old 11-04-2012, 04:41 PM

2,725 posts, read 5,984,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
If you remember the GOP was all about jobs in 2010 and that is why they got in. You know how that turned out when they instead started attacking women.

You can pick and choose any poll you like but RCP has Obama up +3.9 in PA.
For sure Obama, Corbett and his asprin for women were enough to turn the vote, of course Ryan has shut his mouth lately.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections