Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-05-2012, 12:03 PM

32,101 posts, read 34,714,145 times

Advertisements

The thing that gives me comfort about Ohio is that not even Rasmussen can figure out a way to give Romney a lead there.

It's sort of like the really hot girl in high school that would never give you the time of day. And the only criticism you could come up with was, "Well, she's a...she's a...she eats her peas one at a time!"

Old 11-05-2012, 01:35 PM

2,160 posts, read 1,955,066 times
Today's swing state polls:

Colorado: Obama 52%, Romney 46% (Public Policy Polling)
Florida: Romney 52%, Obama 47% (InsiderAdvantage)
Florida: Obama 50%, Romney 49% (Public Policy Polling)
Florida: Romney 50%, Obama 48% (Pulse Opinion Research)
Florida: Obama 50%, Romney 45% (Zogby)
Florida: Obama 49%, Romney 45% (UNF)
Iowa: Romney 49%, Obama 48% (American Research Group)
New Hampshire: Obama 51%, Romney 48% (WMUR)
New Hampshire: Obama 49%, Romney 49% (American Research Group)
New Hampshire: Obama 50%, Romney 46% (New England College)
North Carolina: Obama 49%, Romney 49% (Public Policy Polling)
Ohio: Obama 48%, Romney 46% (Pulse Opinion Research)
Ohio: Obama 50%, Romney 44% (Zogby)
Ohio: Obama 50%, Romney 49% (University of Cincinnati)
Ohio: Obama 49%, Romney 49% (Rasmussen)
Ohio: Obama 49%, Romney 44% (SurveyUSA)
Pennsylvania: Obama 49%, Romney 46% (Pulse Opinion Research)
Pennsylvania: Obama 51%, Romney 47% (Angus Reid)
Virginia: Obama 48%, Romney 47% (NBC/WSJ/Marist)
Virginia: Obama 49%, Romney 48% (Pulse Opinion Research)
Virginia: Romney 50%, Obama 48% (Rasmussen)
Virginia: Obama 52%, Romney 44% (Zogby)
Wisconsin: Obama 49%, Romney 48% (Pulse Opinion Research)

Old 11-05-2012, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Onions View Post
Today's swing state polls:

Colorado: Obama 52%, Romney 46% (Public Policy Polling)
Florida: Romney 52%, Obama 47% (InsiderAdvantage)
Florida: Obama 50%, Romney 49% (Public Policy Polling)
Florida: Romney 50%, Obama 48% (Pulse Opinion Research)
Florida: Obama 50%, Romney 45% (Zogby)
Florida: Obama 49%, Romney 45% (UNF)
Iowa: Romney 49%, Obama 48% (American Research Group)
New Hampshire: Obama 51%, Romney 48% (WMUR)
New Hampshire: Obama 49%, Romney 49% (American Research Group)
New Hampshire: Obama 50%, Romney 46% (New England College)
North Carolina: Obama 49%, Romney 49% (Public Policy Polling)
Ohio: Obama 48%, Romney 46% (Pulse Opinion Research)
Ohio: Obama 50%, Romney 44% (Zogby)
Ohio: Obama 50%, Romney 49% (University of Cincinnati)
Ohio: Obama 49%, Romney 49% (Rasmussen)
Ohio: Obama 49%, Romney 44% (SurveyUSA)
Pennsylvania: Obama 49%, Romney 46% (Pulse Opinion Research)
Pennsylvania: Obama 51%, Romney 47% (Angus Reid)
Virginia: Obama 48%, Romney 47% (NBC/WSJ/Marist)
Virginia: Obama 49%, Romney 48% (Pulse Opinion Research)
Virginia: Romney 50%, Obama 48% (Rasmussen)
Virginia: Obama 52%, Romney 44% (Zogby)
Wisconsin: Obama 49%, Romney 48% (Pulse Opinion Research)
These look good. All we need to do now is VOTE! I also encourage you to do GOTV tomorrow if you can. Let's keep our nose to the grindstone and put this thing away.

How come these polls aren't published on RCP, btw?

Old 11-05-2012, 01:46 PM

I've always been pretty optimistic that Florida would come around for us. I know so many people who are working so hard on the campaign down there. I'm glad to see that it looks like all of that hard work is starting to pay dividends. With Bill down there, particularly in the aftermath of Sandy (cueing up memories of Andrew), I thought Florida would be sure to turn blue at the last second.

Again, I also think the Bloomberg endorsement helped.

I really, really, really, really want Florida! That's the cherry on top.

Old 11-05-2012, 01:59 PM

39,078 posts, read 51,224,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
These look good. All we need to do now is VOTE! I also encourage you to do GOTV tomorrow if you can. Let's keep our nose to the grindstone and put this thing away.

They are a conservative leaning site. Witness today. A new Gallup comes out that has Obama down by 1 versus 5 in the last Gallup. Rather than simply replace the Gallup which would have put Obama up by .7, they threw out all the older polls and only kept the last couple days which kept it at Obama +.4. RCP picks and chooses polls, usually publishing any piece of junk from the right while ignoring similar pieces of junk from the left. They put up a poll of a mere 400 FL voters with a 5 point MoE today because it had Romney up by 5.

Old 11-05-2012, 02:00 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,328,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post

Yeah, the TURNOUT is going to be the deciding factor. It's become pretty evident - despite wingnut claims to the contrary - that Obama has a small but consistant lead in the polls in nearly all the "purple" states. The only REAL question is - will those leads in the polls equate with people actually taking the time and effort to vote. The perceived "enthusiam gap" between the Obama camp and the Romney camp is the crux of Rightwing hopes. Despite the fact that the polls show Obama with a much greater likelyhood of victory, they are clinging to the idea that - in spite of what the polls say - people just will not turn to vote for Obama the way they will for Romney (or more to the point AGAINST Obama).
Is this hope realistic?
Hard to say for sure.
I of course think that Obama supporters WILL turn out to vote - but of course, we won't know for sure until tomorrow night.

Ken

Old 11-05-2012, 02:05 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,253,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
Yeah, the TURNOUT is going to be the deciding factor. It's become pretty evident - despite wingnut claims to the contrary - that Obama has a small but consistant lead in the polls in nearly all the "purple" states. The only REAL question is - will those leads in the polls equate with people actually taking the time and effort to vote. The perceived "enthusiam gap" between the Obama camp and the Romney camp is the crux of Rightwing hopes. Despite the fact that the polls show Obama with a much greater likelyhood of victory, they are clinging to the idea that - in spite of what the polls say - people just will not turn to vote for Obama the way they will for Romney (or more to the point AGAINST Obama).
Is this hope realistic?
Hard to say for sure.
I of course think that Obama supporters WILL turn out to vote - but of course, we won't know for sure until tomorrow night.

Ken
Hey, Ken!

I saw a poll today that puts approval for Referendum 74 at 55% to 40%!

I'm hoping that Inslee can pull out a win as well.

Old 11-05-2012, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
Is this hope realistic?
Hard to say for sure.

Ken
Well, my vote is already in the bank.

I think Obama supporters are enthusiastic. It's just that there's no "Rah, rah, rah" cheerleading this time around because our guy is already in office (and we know we're going to vote for him). It's kind of the same way that Roger Federer's 7th Wimbledon title is not quite as special as his first. Just because he already has 7 titles in the bag doesn't mean he's going to show up to Centre Court, play half-heartedly and then retire in the second set.

Friends and family in the DC suburbs said they waited 2-4 hours to vote. No Republican obstructionism. They said the lines were just that long. But they seemed to take it all in stride. They said a lot of people brought chairs, food, music and had a good time socializing while waiting to cast their vote.

Old 11-05-2012, 02:07 PM

3,135 posts, read 11,891,948 times
Even CU in Boulder forecast a Romney win: Updated election forecasting model still points to Romney win, University of Colorado study says | University of Colorado Boulder

Romney will have a 4 point popular vote and win this easily. Not even close, no matter how the media trys to spin it.

Republican voters are leading the way in early voting in Colorado. I think Romney will get the Indy voters 2 to 1, those that are truly independents and not single issue voterse.

Old 11-05-2012, 02:10 PM

2,160 posts, read 1,955,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
Hey, Ken!

I saw a poll today that puts approval for Referendum 74 at 55% to 40%!

I'm hoping that Inslee can pull out a win as well.
SSM looks very strong to pass in both Washington and Maine. It looks to be close in Maryland (I'm not counting on it, there -- I suspect a loss). And here in Minnesota I fully except a loss -- the only good news being in Minnesota, the amendment won't change current law whether it passes or not.

Anyway, combine this with the fact that the USSC is likely to deny cert in the Prop 8 case towards the end of the month (which means SSM will once again be legal in California), and November looks to be very good overall on the SSM issue!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections