Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2012, 08:34 PM

20,135 posts, read 16,229,559 times

Advertisements

He's so far to the right of center that he could fall off a map. Doesn't really matter, my goal is to get Obama out of the White House and voting for Virgil Goode isn't going to accomplish that. My vote, in my swing county, in my swing state, is too valuable to throw away. Voting for him would be no different than voting for Obama. Not going to happen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2012, 08:36 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,953,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
You actually think that you voting for Virgil Goode is going to cost Romney Texas???? You, your family, your friends, every person you know, everyone in your district can vote for Virgil and Romney will still win Texas.
You're right, but you obviously didn't read my post.

Old 10-18-2012, 11:08 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,314,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I consider any attempt by a leaner to get conservatives to throw their votes away for some principled thinking to be stupid. Of course, I am not interested in voting for anybody but Romney so why should I waste my time?
I'm voting for 3rd party, I refuse to fall in line like everyone else. Not everyone is a follower like you Roy.

Old 10-18-2012, 11:29 PM

Quote:
I'm voting for 3rd party, I refuse to fall in line like everyone else. Not everyone is a follower like you Roy.
I won't discourage you. In fact if you believe your vote will have an impact by voting for Virgil Goode, then that is exactly what you should do. By the same token, those who feel they are making an impact or a statement by voting for someone else, should not be criticized any more than you should. Just because someone votes with the mainstream, doesn't lessen their commitment to what they believe is the right path for the country.

Old 10-18-2012, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
I won't discourage you. In fact if you believe your vote will have an impact by voting for Virgil Goode, then that is exactly what you should do. By the same token, those who feel they are making an impact or a statement by voting for someone else, should not be criticized any more than you should. Just because someone votes with the mainstream, doesn't lessen their commitment to what they believe is the right path for the country.
Virgil isn't the only 3rd party candidate. It's your right to vote for Romney, but if one claims to be a conservative and refuses to listen to or discuss a conservative candidate, then they either are not true conservatives, or partisan shills who have no integrity.

All I did was ask what conservatives thought about a conservative candidate and so called conservatives had a heart attack and responded by saying that they are voting for a moderate/liberal Republican.

Old 10-18-2012, 11:47 PM

Quote:
Virgil isn't the only 3rd party candidate. It's your right to vote for Romney, but if one claims to be a conservative and refuses to listen to or discuss a conservative candidate, then they either are not true conservatives, or partisan shills who have no integrity.

All I did was ask what conservatives thought about a conservative candidate and so called conservatives had a heart attack and responded by saying that they are voting for a moderate/liberal Republican.
As I said.. Vote for whoever you like.. That is your perrogative. To me, it is more important to vote for a candidate that has a chance of being elected that best serves my beliefs. While Goode may well be a true conservative and I don't doubt that he is. He has about as much chance of being elected as you or I. The sad fact is, that ONLY a democrat or a republican will win the whitehouse in our lifetime. There just isn't the groundswell of support or the finances for someone from outside the two parties to run and win a presidential campaign. Are either of the two main candidates ideally suited to be in the white house? No, but one of them will be. "FOR ME" voting for a third party candidate while it may be attractive, is not practical. It is an excersize in futillity. "tilting and windmills". If that suits you, so be it. I will vote for whom I believe will best steer the country through what lies ahead. We are living in dangerous times. Whoever holds that office is critical and I will not utilize my vote to go toward someone who will never lead this country.

Old 10-20-2012, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
As I said.. Vote for whoever you like.. That is your perrogative. To me, it is more important to vote for a candidate that has a chance of being elected that best serves my beliefs. While Goode may well be a true conservative and I don't doubt that he is. He has about as much chance of being elected as you or I. The sad fact is, that ONLY a democrat or a republican will win the whitehouse in our lifetime. There just isn't the groundswell of support or the finances for someone from outside the two parties to run and win a presidential campaign. Are either of the two main candidates ideally suited to be in the white house? No, but one of them will be. "FOR ME" voting for a third party candidate while it may be attractive, is not practical. It is an excersize in futillity. "tilting and windmills". If that suits you, so be it. I will vote for whom I believe will best steer the country through what lies ahead. We are living in dangerous times. Whoever holds that office is critical and I will not utilize my vote to go toward someone who will never lead this country.
What do you think of his policies
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections