Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2012, 02:23 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,596,543 times

Advertisements

Romney's Bain Capital to Send High-Tech Jobs to China Right Before the Election

Quote:
The day before an election that's supposed to hinge on jobs, taxes and the middle class, Bain Capital, the company Mitt Romney founded, will close the doors of a factory in Freeport, Illinois, and ship 170 good, high-tech jobs to China.

The employees of Sensata Technologies were forced to train their Chinese replacements, and the American flag that long flew over the factory was reportedly removed while the Chinese engineers were visiting the site.
Sensata workers have asked to meet with Mitt Romney and hoped to enlist his help keeping their jobs in the United States.

Romney refused.

The most important part of the story is that Sensata Technologies is profitable operating in Illinois. Net income last year was $355 million, up 16 percent from 2010. The company reported total revenues of $1.8 billion in 2011, up almost 19 percent from the year before. According to a company financial statement, "both 2011 net revenue and adjusted net income represent record levels for the company."

So this has nothing to do with "making hard choices" in the process of turning around a failing business.

Interesting
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2012, 02:30 PM

4,428 posts, read 4,481,378 times
Maybe they didn't get a waiver for Obamacare.

Old 10-18-2012, 02:36 PM

20,458 posts, read 12,378,099 times
Here is the top guy at Bain today
the link is to his political contributions.

Josh Bekenstein
Josh Bekenstein Campaign Contributions and Donations -- Huffington Post

Old 10-18-2012, 02:38 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,450,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
Here is the top guy at Bain today
the link is to his political contributions.

Josh Bekenstein
Josh Bekenstein Campaign Contributions and Donations -- Huffington Post
Just another projection from the Left. They are quick to accuse the Right of things that THEY are actually doing.

Old 10-18-2012, 02:46 PM

20,458 posts, read 12,378,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Just another projection from the Left. They are quick to accuse the Right of things that THEY are actually doing.
Years ago, my dad told me something that I have tested over and over and found to be purely accurate.

He told me "son when you see a democrat accusing a republican of doing something, just wait, it wont be long before you will find out that democrat is the one doing it!"

ive tested this over more than 20 years and it never fails.

Old 10-18-2012, 02:47 PM

8,732 posts, read 6,780,715 times
Not interesting.

Romney is a shareholder in Sansata. And having said that, before you start flapping your arms and find yourself hovering over your laptop, find out exactly what role a shareholder plays in a company. But I'll give you a hint - shareholders have little or no say in the way a company runs. Shareholders can make requests/recommendations to the BoD appointed/nominated by the shareholders to run the company, but the BoD is not obligated or obliged to accommodate shareholder requests/recommendations.

Old 10-18-2012, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
Years ago, my dad told me something that I have tested over and over and found to be purely accurate.

He told me "son when you see a democrat accusing a republican of doing something, just wait, it wont be long before you will find out that democrat is the one doing it!"

ive tested this over more than 20 years and it never fails.
Spot on! I see it daily now. It never fails either.

Old 10-18-2012, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
Not interesting.

Romney is a shareholder in Sansata. And having said that, before you start flapping your arms and find yourself hovering over your laptop, find out exactly what role a shareholder plays in a company. But I'll give you a hint - shareholders have little or no say in the way a company runs. Shareholders can make requests/recommendations to the BoD appointed/nominated by the shareholders to run the company, but the BoD is not obligated or obliged to accommodate shareholder requests/recommendations.
Ferd's post #4 says it all, this thread is dead.

Old 10-18-2012, 02:49 PM

46,267 posts, read 27,088,282 times
What an amazing lie.....Romney's Bain?

When was the last time Romney worked for Bain?

The MODs should rename this...maybe even delete this thread, just because the false assertion...

Old 10-18-2012, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
What an amazing lie.....Romney's Bain?

When was the last time Romney worked for Bain?

The MODs should rename this...maybe even delete this thread, just because the false assertion...
Ferd killed the thread anyway, it's over.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections