Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will you vote?
Yes 67 90.54%
No 7 9.46%
Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2012, 08:20 AM

5,035 posts, read 9,241,249 times

Advertisements

Quote:
"A person familiar with the matter says a hearing at 9 a.m. E.T. on Wednesday in Canton, Massachusetts before family court justice Jennifer Ulwick relates to sealed records in long-litigated divorce proceedings between Staples founder and Romney friend Tom Stemberg and his ex-wife. A source familiar with the matter says the former Bain Capital chief testified in the case for the purposes of helping to put a price on some stock that was part of the initial divorce settlement."
Quote:
"The full details of the case and the nature of the hearing could not be learned, but Robert Jones, an attorney at the Boston law firm of Ropes & Gray, who is representing Romney in this matter told TIME in a statement, “This is a decades-old divorce case in which Mitt Romney provided testimony as to the value of a company. He has no objection to letting the public see that testimony.”'
This certainly sounds anything but juicy.

Article here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2012, 08:23 AM

5,035 posts, read 9,241,249 times
Quote:
"A person familiar with the matter says a hearing at 9 a.m. E.T. on Wednesday in Canton, Massachusetts before family court justice Jennifer Ulwick relates to sealed records in long-litigated divorce proceedings between Staples founder and Romney friend Tom Stemberg and his ex-wife. A source familiar with the matter says the former Bain Capital chief testified in the case for the purposes of helping to put a price on some stock that was part of the initial divorce settlement."

Quote:
"The full details of the case and the nature of the hearing could not be learned, but Robert Jones, an attorney at the Boston law firm of Ropes & Gray, who is representing Romney in this matter told TIME in a statement, “This is a decades-old divorce case in which Mitt Romney provided testimony as to the value of a company. He has no objection to letting the public see that testimony.”'

Article here.

Trump's trash is supposed to come out at noon on Twitter and FB.

Old 10-24-2012, 08:31 AM

15,556 posts, read 10,549,254 times
Allred and Trump should go out, you know, date. It would be a match made in hell. On second thought, no they should not, they might breed. We don't need any more bottom feeders. I'm sure the Honey Boo Boo watchers are on the edge of their seats waiting with glee.

Old 10-24-2012, 08:50 AM

15,896 posts, read 12,013,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
I'm disillusioned with the system, so I'm voting third party. Gary Johnson.

Rep +1!

Old 10-24-2012, 08:54 AM

657 posts, read 718,205 times
Default We cannot let Mitt Romney become president.

We cannot let Mitt Romney become president.

"While Romney was governor of my state, Massachusetts, the debt burden per capita was the highest in the nation. He raised or created more than 1,000 taxes and fees on people across Massachusetts, while 278 wealthy residents in the state got a tax break. And Massachusetts plummeted to 47th out of 50 in job creation" senator Kerry

What does it say that the people who know Mitt Romney best trust him least?

Old 10-24-2012, 08:56 AM

3,963 posts, read 5,706,165 times
We can't haz ole Mittens?

Old 10-24-2012, 08:57 AM

10,092 posts, read 8,221,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CheyDee View Post

Article here.

Trump's trash is supposed to come out at noon on Twitter and FB.
I was trying to edit my post right after I posted it, and my lap top was being funky. I forgot to add--the Boston Globe is the group going to court to try to unseal the records, because they got a tip that there are "juicy" details regarding Romney's tenure at Bain in them. Allred is representing Maureen Stemberg in going before the court to tell them that it's ok with her to unseal the records and lift the gag order. Her husband is fighting it.

If the Boston Globe is after Romney, and it turns out that there is really damaging information in the documents, he has way bigger problems than Gloria Allred.

5,787 posts, read 4,726,706 times
It says that the American people have gotten to know Obama now and don't want a repeat of the last miserable four years.

23,861 posts, read 24,162,981 times
Yeah, I'm going to trust the opinion of the guy that lost the 2004 election to Bush, of all people.

Kerry is about as significant as a pile of dinosaur crap. Maybe people will look at him with curiosity in a few million years, but that's about it.

Old 10-24-2012, 08:59 AM

7,732 posts, read 12,648,814 times
The definition of insanity is repeating the same thing over again and expecting different results. Giving Obama another chance to do the same thing would be insanity. No thank you. I'll take a chance on someone who actually has a track record of creating jobs and making millions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections