Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2012, 08:24 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,186,917 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Actually I just google searched it, took no time at all and wasn't hard to find something to prove you wrong....which was easy to do seeing you are lacking proof and just spreading hearsay, which is pretty dumb of you, but why should I expect anything less from you.
I CLEARLY said it was hearsay in my sentence, hence I said "I HEARD".. and did NOT present it as fact.

I didnt think people could be that dumb to not know the difference, but you proved me wrong..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2012, 08:43 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,229,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
I CLEARLY said it was hearsay in my sentence, hence I said "I HEARD".. and did NOT present it as fact.

I didnt think people could be that dumb to not know the difference, but you proved me wrong..
So you "heard" something and just thought to yourself you would hop on CD and just spout what you "heard" without trying to check it out to see if it was true?

I heard Elvis is still alive, no proof, I just heard it at the grocery store.

I didn't think someone could be dumb enough to try to pass off hearsay as if it was information worth spreading, but unfortunately I have been proven wrong, thanks for spreading a hearsay rumor....you are doing your Cons proud.

Old 10-20-2012, 08:51 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,186,917 times
Quote:
So you "heard" something and just thought to yourself you would hop on CD and just spout what you "heard" without trying to check it out to see if it was true?

I heard Elvis is still alive, no proof, I just heard it at the grocery store.

I didn't think someone could be dumb enough to try to pass off hearsay as if it was information worth spreading, but unfortunately I have been proven wrong, thanks for spreading a hearsay rumor....you are doing your Cons proud.
So you still dont know the difference between I HEARD, and ITS TRUE.. By now one would think you'd stop.

Are you telling me you were dumb by posting what you "heard"?
Quote:
Last I heard no one wanted to take them. Got a link.
Quote:
Actually I mentioned it because that is the same comment I heard from Democrats when Bush was running for a second term,
Oooh Urbanlife thinks he's special? I agree, you're "special"..

grow up.. You dont own this website, and thus I'm allowed to post what I HEARD, and there isnt a dam thing you can do about it..

Old 10-20-2012, 09:06 PM

2,546 posts, read 6,879,694 times
I don't think early voting should be allowed until all the debates have aired on tv.

Old 10-20-2012, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
So you still dont know the difference between I HEARD, and ITS TRUE.. By now one would think you'd stop.

Are you telling me you were dumb by posting what you "heard"?

Oooh Urbanlife thinks he's special? I agree, you're "special"..

grow up.. You dont own this website, and thus I'm allowed to post what I HEARD, and there isnt a dam thing you can do about it..
Well I heard you are wrong, Obama isn't pulling out of NC....you just feel butt hurt cause I called you out on pointless hearsay.

Old 10-20-2012, 09:53 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,481,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn07 View Post
I don't think early voting should be allowed until all the debates have aired on tv.
Yeah, I am starting to think this as well. In fact, I think voting shouldn't be allowed until Election Day. I support making it easier to vote, but I don't think pushing voting back so early is the way to do it.

Regardless, I almost always vote early and am voting this year on Monday - the day that early voting begins in TX. LOL... That being said, I really think everyone probably *should* be voting on Election Day.

Old 10-20-2012, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
Yeah, I am starting to think this as well. In fact, I think voting shouldn't be allowed until Election Day. I support making it easier to vote, but I don't think pushing voting back so early is the way to do it.

Regardless, I almost always vote early and am voting this year on Monday - the day that early voting begins in TX. LOL... That being said, I really think everyone probably *should* be voting on Election Day.
Why are you voting early then?

Old 10-20-2012, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Why are you voting early then?
Because it's more convenient, I want to get it over with, and I am not undecided.

I almost always vote early anyway. Not usually on the first day, but I am very excited about voting this year.

This being said, people should be voting based on what happens all the way up until Election Day. Anything can happen or come out in the days or weeks before an election. Early voting certainly should not begin months before an election.

Old 10-20-2012, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
Because it's more convenient, I want to get it over with, and I am not undecided.

I almost always vote early anyway. Not usually on the first day, but I am very excited about voting this year.

This being said, people should be voting based on what happens all the way up until Election Day. Anything can happen or come out in the days or weeks before an election. Early voting certainly should not begin months before an election.
That doesn't make sense, you already know who you are voting for, plan on voting early, but early voting shouldn't happen because you should see everything that could happen before election day?

Old 10-20-2012, 11:20 PM

Quote:
That doesn't make sense, you already know who you are voting for, plan on voting early, but early voting shouldn't happen because you should see everything that could happen before election day?
Very, very, very little would make me change my mind. And, yes, I take advantage of early voting since it is offered and I find it more convenient.

However, an election should be about how people feel on the day of the election, not the month before.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections