Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2012, 04:24 PM

25,603 posts, read 56,690,434 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
"Just trust us" doesn't cut it. We have a President who is more concerned about going on the View and David Letterman than he is about doing his job. Until his Libya wake-up call didn't even attend his security briefings but just read them on his iPad. How can you expect a part-time President to produce full-time results?

Over the past four years, debt has more than doubled, unemployment has skyrocketed and is only coming down gradually, and that is only because of fudging the numbers, we get nothing but dishonesty and cover-ups concerning national security (where is this transparency you promised us Obama?), and the only real achievement is this healthcare law that has made everybody's premiums go up.
Every statement you've made is false. There are extensive lists of what Obama has accomplished over the past four years on this thread alone, had you taken the time to read them. One more name for the Ignore list.

Last edited by Ariadne22; 10-22-2012 at 05:38 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2012, 05:12 PM

7,923 posts, read 8,871,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
Posting a wall of text in which you reiterate the same arguments that we've already discussed isn't going to change my opinion of how badly Obama has failed. However, what you have posted falls right along the lines of what I've noticed from most of Obama's supporters, which is that you don't believe anything is his fault. Unfortunately, we disagree on that point. I believe that Obama is as much to blame for the current state of the failed economy as Bush is, and I don't believe that Obama's policies are the solution. If they were, we would be much farther along the road to recovery than where we currently are. Right now we're spinning our wheels and not gaining any traction.
Can you show me where Obama policies have created a crumbling economy? The HUGE recession that Obama walked into had caused mayhem on wall street. virtually destroyed our housing industry and caused millions of foreclosures and thousands upon thousands ofjobs were being lost every month. These are facts.
President Bush started the huge deficit with his bail out but that was needed to slow down the recession. To rebuild a huge recession needs money... lots of money and as can be seen in Europe... the policy here of stimulus, that both Bush and Obama used has turned the economy around... Europe is suffering far more than here because of austerity measures..... Fact.
Obama is not perfect... no President is but NO President could have got a recovery any better than Obama has and that is despite the Republican's complete non co-operation in Congress. Congress is at it's lowest approval rating ever and for good reason. The circus caused by the right over the debt ceiling caused America to be downgraded.... S&P quoted that as the main reason.
The reason we are not further along in our recovery sits squarely on the shoulders of Congress and their tactics to block everything Obama has put forward to get him out of office.... they should be disgusted with themselves for putting America's recovery 2nd to their political aspirations.

I will agree that at the time of the Benghazi attack there was possibly a reason to think it was related to the video. However, 2 weeks later, after the information was readily available to the White House that the attack was an organized terrorist activity, Obama was still blaming the video. Unacceptable.
No they aren't. The Obama administration is saying that the evidence is pointing towards a terrorist attack and is still ongoing..... you would rather that they do what Romney does... decide before he knows the facts?

I don't believe that Iran has any more intention to talk with the U.S. than they ever have in the past. This game has been played before, and it has never gone well for anyone except Iran. Add on the idea that they won't even discuss anything until after the election, and you can see why some might think that this is nothing but political posturing.
Yes Iran has played these games before but Iran is now having huge problems with their economy because America and its allies have joined forces to put huge sanctions on Iran. Iran is only selling 50% of its oil production and it is hurting them badly. Obama has said he will not allow Iran to have nuclear weapons capabilities and at the moment Iran has no means of launching a missile or has a functional A-bomb....... sanctions must be given a chance to work.

Obamacare is an abomination that most people don't even understand. I've read parts of it, and quite frankly it's a legal-speak nightmare. The fact that people are so supportive of this piece of legislation when they don't even know for sure what's in it scares the **** out of me. What I have gathered from the information that I've read scares me even more. I do think that our health care system needs reform, but Obamacare took the control away from the insurance companies and put it squarely into the hands of the government. Considering the vast failures of our government, why would we want them involved in health care to begin with? On top of that, I've yet to find a medical professional (of which I know several) who thinks that Obamacare is worth the weight of the paper it's printed on. I do, however, know several that plan on retiring as soon as possible if Obamacare goes into effect. That mass exodus of experienced caregivers should do wonders for our health care system...
I find it more scary that people are condemning Obamacare when it hasn't even been fully implemented yet.
Our health care system is absolutely criminal and needs more than just reform... it needs scrapping and a proper health system put in its place.
Why do you believe that health care should be controlled by big companies and CEO's?
A Govt. funded health system is NOT controlled by Govt. but Funded by the Govt. and controlled by health professionals. Health care should not be involved with the workplace. ALL Countries using a Govt. funded health system have found them to be succesful and cheaper per capita than the American health system. NO ONE goes bankrupt, as they do here, with a UHC. The Doctors decide your health treatment and NOT the Insurance companies as here. The American health system is not used in the other industrialised nations because it is expensive and fails millions. Obamacare is the first step to a decent American health system fit for the 21st Century. I have heard Doctors etc saying how they were going to retire or move elsewhere etc when other Countries decided to get UHC's..... guess what they didn't retire or move. The Doctors and insurance companies here are afraid of losing their health care "cash cow".... well tough luck... American's trump the greedy Insurance companies and Doctors and Pharmaceutical companies.... a Health System that is here for health care and NOT profit is on its way. So the Doctors are going to move out huh... where to..... the Other Countries have Govt. funded health care.......... and who wants to employ ex-doctors here whi have no other skills except medical skills?

How can you say in your first sentence that Romney doesn't have a plan and then tell us what Romney is going to do? Not to mention that everything you are claiming he will do is going to require an act of Congress to get done. It's called checks and balances, and is the way our government was designed to work.
Romney has every plan under the sun and it changes from day to day but his Tax incentives for the rich only changed during the first debate. We know he wants to destroy medicare and we also now he is against same sex marriage and that he feels that the wealthy paying less tax than everyone else is OK and we know Romney is against abortion no matter how it occurs... he has flip flopped back and forth on that so much he must be giddy. Romney will say ANYTHING to get votes..... even Newt Gingrich says that...lol

On the other hand, we've seen what Obama's policies are, and so far the only plan I've heard is to keep doing things the same way. So, I guess under Obama we'll continue to increase the deficit, continue to pass laws that are opposed by the majority of Americans, continue to place the blame squarely on the other guy, and continue to watch our economy spiral out of control. Plus we'll continue to lose the respect of foreign countries due to Obama's inability to stand up for American beliefs.
President Obama has, despite the Republican "pact" to vote against everything he puts forward, stemmed the huge job losses, increased house prices and brought down foreclosures. Has got us out of Iraq and getting us out of Afghanistan. Has made our allies step up to the plate in foreign revolutions. Has got our economy back on track. Has reformed health care. Obama has done a lot for America in one of its darkest hours and the Republican party would rather see America fail than Obama move us forward. The facts are that America is recovering. America is recovering slower than it should because of Republican selfishness and Congress acting like spoilt children, blocking any measures to move America forward. Let's get real here ... Republican's hate a man of color being President and will do anything to get him out of office.
Mitt Romney was never the man that Republican's wanted to run for President but to them he is better than having a mixed race man in the Whitehouse....... they truly are pathetic. I had a Republican guy tell me at a Wedding i was at recently that the Republican party is NOT the party he joined and he is disgusted with them.
BTW........... The deficit rose under Bush too and Obama will decrease it in his next term.

No thanks, I'll be voting against Obama.
Now that tells me a lot. You aren't voting for Romney but voting against Obama..........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections