Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2012, 12:27 PM

6,125 posts, read 7,492,633 times

Advertisements

Could Obama's struggles with white voters cost him the election?

"The nation's first black president could be in danger of becoming a "one-termer" if he can't convince enough white voters that he deserves another four years in the Oval Office.

For weeks, he's hovered around 40% of white voter support - a level that Democratic presidential candidates have struggled with in the recent past and one that analysts believe Barack Obama must maintain in order to win. At the same time, he has to encourage minority voters to go to the polls and capture 80% of their support."

He's not getting my white vote!

I voted early...and I voted for Mitt Romney, the next President of the United States of America.

Old 10-25-2012, 12:33 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,471,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highcotton View Post

"The nation's first black president could be in danger of becoming a "one-termer" if he can't convince enough white voters that he deserves another four years in the Oval Office.

For weeks, he's hovered around 40% of white voter support - a level that Democratic presidential candidates have struggled with in the recent past and one that analysts believe Barack Obama must maintain in order to win. At the same time, he has to encourage minority voters to go to the polls and capture 80% of their support."

I voted early...and I voted for Mitt Romney, the next President of the United States of America.
I see Obama at around 36-38% White vote and decreased but still high turnout among minorities still the electorate will be slightly more white than 2008 which should give Romney the win.

Old 10-25-2012, 12:39 PM

6,125 posts, read 7,492,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
I see Obama at around 36-38% White vote and decreased but still high turnout among minorities still the electorate will be slightly more white than 2008 which should give Romney the win.
I think whites will be voting in all-time high percentage. And hopefully blacks, liberals and government handout-seekers will be sleeping-in, getting drunk, getting high, selling drugs, doing tricks, robbing stores, etc. and will not be voting.

Old 10-25-2012, 12:44 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,627,102 times
Quote:
I think whites will be voting in all-time high percentage. And hopefully blacks, liberals and government handout-seekers will be sleeping-in, getting drunk, getting high, selling drugs, doing tricks, robbing stores, etc. and will not be voting.
I'm sure they will. As a black man, that's what EdwardA, for example, will undoubtedly be doing. Right, EdwardA?

Old 10-25-2012, 12:47 PM

4,861 posts, read 9,343,203 times
Why does this keep popping up? I mean, I cannot stand Obama, and I will not be voting for him, AND I am white, but his race and my race has less than nothing to do with my choice. He is half white and half black, so how is he the "first black president" anyway? Wouldn't it be correct to refer to him, if anything, as the first bi-racial president? Half of Obama is as white as I am. I don't care. If he was 100% black, I wouldn't care. If he was 100% white, I wouldn't care. He is 100% incompetent. THAT I care about!

Old 10-25-2012, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
I'm sure they will. As a black man, that's what EdwardA, for example, will undoubtedly be doing. Right, EdwardA?
This Black will be voting Saturday in the Free State.

I often just ignore the rantings of some of my misguided white conservatives and concern myself primarily with economic ideology. I don't blame Blacks who agree in economic principle with the GOP ( there are quite a few) but can't get past the racism they feel that comes from its supporters

The GOP must know that their veiled attempts to denounce various nonwhites as welfare users will doom them to failure in the future. Better follow the lead of Ryan who makes a sensible approach to addressing poverty.

Old 10-25-2012, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by canudigit View Post
Why does this keep popping up? I mean, I cannot stand Obama, and I will not be voting for him, AND I am white, but his race and my race has less than nothing to do with my choice. He is half white and half black, so how is he the "first black president" anyway? Wouldn't it be correct to refer to him, if anything, as the first bi-racial president? Half of Obama is as white as I am. I don't care. If he was 100% black, I wouldn't care. If he was 100% white, I wouldn't care. He is 100% incompetent. THAT I care about!
Well I'm black and can't stand Obamas policies either they are dangerous.

Old 10-25-2012, 12:59 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,627,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
This Black will be voting Saturday in the Free State.

I often just ignore the rantings of some of my misguided white conservatives and concern myself primarily with economic ideology. I don't blame Blacks who agree in economic principle with the GOP ( there are quite a few) but can't get past the racism they feel that comes from its supporters

The GOP must know that their veiled attempts to denounce various nonwhites as welfare users will doom them to failure in the future.
Well said, EdwardA!!!!

(Did I really just write that? )

Old 10-25-2012, 06:15 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,868,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
Well said, EdwardA!!!!

(Did I really just write that? )

LOL, I agree it was well said Edward.

But FWIW, I know a lot of white people voting for Obama here in GA of all places lol.

And I do think Obama will pull around 39% of the white vote and that coupled with 80% of the minority vote will give him a win IMO.

Old 10-25-2012, 06:57 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,426,211 times
Quote:

Obama will certainly get my white vote!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections