Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2012, 07:23 PM

3,414 posts, read 7,161,672 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Think4Yourself View Post
The reason 95% of black Americans won't vote for a Republican is because the Republican Party has proven over and over again that they are racist against black people. It's as simple as that. They won't get any wide spread support from black Americans until they stop making such appeals to racism.
They won't get any widespread support until Black people abandon the Public School system where they are propagandized and indoctrinated to be mindless little future leftists incapable of seeing how they are being used. Criminal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2012, 07:32 PM

10,581 posts, read 9,817,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
So I'll ask again, since every time I do the Republicans on here remain eerily silent: WHAT ARE REPUBLICANS DOING TO MAKE BLACK PEOPLE THINK THEY ARE NOT A PARTY OF RACIST?
Because it was the usual liberal-fanatic silly question, not deserving of serious consideration.

Best thing Republicans will do to help black people (and all other colors of people) is get government out of their way so they can get back to running their own economies again.

Black people (and all others) don't really want to be patronized as the OP seemed to think. Instead, they want to be left alone to run their own lives.

Old 10-25-2012, 07:40 PM

19,023 posts, read 26,047,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
I gave it some time to see if any Republicans would have the decency to say that this was a poorly worded statement and insist an apology should be made. This would at least add some credibility to their party's claim that they don't send out racially coded messages to rile up the racists in their fold.

I'm talking about Sarah Palin 'calling out' Obama for 'shucking & jiving' and then having the gall to claim that there's 'nothing remotely racist' about saying a Black person is shucking & jiving. It's pretty much understood that Palin is an idiot, so I don't put it past her that she doesn't know the racial history of that term as a characterization of Blacks as lazy liars. But that doesn't change that it's a historical fact. And being presented w/ that fact, she has an obligation to recognize that she messed up.

Instead, she wants to ignore the whole of history to maintain this Republican mentality of being blind to racism even when using historically racist language. And then Republicans as a whole feign outrage over Blacks not supporting their party when obvious errors like this are not only go unretracted, they get defended.

So I'll ask again, since every time I do the Republicans on here remain eerily silent: WHAT ARE REPUBLICANS DOING TO MAKE BLACK PEOPLE THINK THEY ARE NOT A PARTY OF RACIST?

For the sake of comparison, a prominent White Democrat politician used the same phrase to describe Obama's actions. He thought it was synonymous w/ 'bob & weave.' When he learned it wasn't, he apologized and explained that he didn't know the history.
Do blacks own these words? In New England we still shuck corn and no one thinks of it as racial. 'Bob & weave' too? I don't think so......

When are blacks going to drop the race card, and when will Obama unite instead of divide? These last 3.5 years nothing but divide the country and bring back racial problems will be Obama's legacy.

I hope he looses this time around, and then goes away to any other country. He has been nothing but bad for the USA.

Old 10-25-2012, 08:00 PM

13,186 posts, read 12,370,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by laysayfair View Post
They won't get any widespread support until Black people abandon the Public School system where they are propagandized and indoctrinated to be mindless little future leftists incapable of seeing how they are being used. Criminal.
And who will pay for such an option? The republicans are already willing to cut PBS and other educational programing. I guess that they are prepared to send everyone to Oral Roberts high school

Old 10-25-2012, 08:06 PM

73,220 posts, read 63,084,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by laysayfair View Post
Then ask yourself this. Why is the public school the biggest option for Black people? Why aren't more Black people in private schools? Anyone can offer solutions, but things have to be sorted out before things can work properly(in most cases).

Old 10-25-2012, 08:08 PM

73,220 posts, read 63,084,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
And who will pay for such an option? The republicans are already willing to cut PBS and other educational programing. I guess that they are prepared to send everyone to Oral Roberts high school
Don't make fun of Oral Roberts.

However, the PBS issue, I can see eye to eye with you at. I've been watching PBS most of my life. So many good television programs on the channel. I don't want to see funding slashed for it. There is a reason there are so many telethons on PBS nowadays. Less and less funding.

Old 10-25-2012, 08:12 PM

13,186 posts, read 12,370,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
Do blacks own these words? In New England we still shuck corn and no one thinks of it as racial. 'Bob & weave' too? I don't think so......

If you do not know what is offensive to people you really should not dismiss the things that do.

When are blacks going to drop the race card, and when will Obama unite instead of divide? These last 3.5 years nothing but divide the country and bring back racial problems will be Obama's legacy.

As soon as whites drop the overt racism and treat everyone as their equal. Obama has not done anything that the republicans have not already amplified through racist rhetoric

I hope he looses this time around, and then goes away to any other country. He has been nothing but bad for the USA.
Yeah, how dare we have someone in the Whitehouse other than a whiteman. If mitts gets in I hope that you will be happy when he ignores you completely

Old 10-25-2012, 08:32 PM

9,700 posts, read 5,139,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjtinmemphis View Post
The democratic party is racist for supporting planned parenthood. Look at the history of the organization.

I don't need the Republican party to extend a hand to show they aren't racist.

I'm voting for president Obama because of his accomplishments within context of his presidency. Romney hasn't shown he is presidential the way he managed the RNC vs the debates.

I would agree there is a racist element within the party and hopefully they will be fading out within the next 10 years it so. Then you will see more racial diversity.
They won't. Two groups of people know the history of that term as racist -- people that know the history of racism in this country and racists. By not apologizing for using that phrasing, which group do you think feels like their views are being supported?

Quote:
All that he asked is why don't they correct one of there own whenever they make offensive racial comments if they are serious about not being labeled as racist. I think that it is a fair question, so why are so many of you are deflecting from this? The best and honest answer would have been "I don't know why they do it" instead of defending why they said it or changing the subject
Thank you. Over 100 posts, and not a single Conservative on here has taken the challenge. And the sad thing is tomorrow, they'll proudly wear their dunce caps and ask "why don't Black people vote Republican."

Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
I don't care much for Palin, but this is a stretch. I wasn't aware the term was ever racist, so I googled it. Apparently, the term was mainstreamed a long time ago. For pete's sake, I eat Cajun food at Shuck n Jive.
And? Neither did Andrew Cuomo. What did he do? APOLOGIZE. "Shuck" and "jive" are two words. A shucking & jiving Black man was a popular racist caricature of Black people. Explain to me how you mainstream caricatures? Maybe you can provide some other examples of offensive stereotypes that have become mainstream.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
Shucks. Another "you're a racist" thread. Maybe Jive Magazine can make it their next story. Or maybe Jive Software can create an app to help spread the word about racist republicans. Or maybe Jive Records can release an album. Or maybe this while thread is nothing but a bunch of jive...
This is the opposite of a "you're racist" thread. It's a "why don't you do ANYTHING to show that you're not racist" thread. Almost 100 posts and still no Conservative on here is willing to explain why Blacks shouldn't think Republicans are the party where racists feel welcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
Because it was the usual liberal-fanatic silly question, not deserving of serious consideration.

Best thing Republicans will do to help black people (and all other colors of people) is get government out of their way so they can get back to running their own economies again.

Black people (and all others) don't really want to be patronized as the OP seemed to think. Instead, they want to be left alone to run their own lives.
You wouldn't be full of chit if Republicans haven't been making efforts to reach out to women & Hispanics so that they don't appear to be the party that's against women's rights or against Hispanics. They've done nothing to reach out to Black Americans in the same way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post

How is any group supposed to own the racist stereotype that's used against them? Did you even think about that before you asked it? Jesus Christ.

And you're blaming Obama for 2/3 of Republicans not being sure if he's really an American? Get real.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
Carney: "I'm Going To Shuck And Jive" | RealClearPolitics

WH spokeskid Jay Carney used this phrase and Obama did not see fit to fire him over it. Can't have it both ways OP, either use of this phrase is evidence of racism or not. Does Obama lose your vote over this????
So what's the offensive stereotype about White people and shucking & jiving? Here's the real question: are you denying that there is an offensive stereotype about shucking & jiving Black?

Old 10-25-2012, 09:07 PM

15,234 posts, read 8,748,433 times
Quote:
If you are financially well off and comfortable in your position in life then you are voting for YOUR best interest, but since there are more blacks and others not as fortunate to vote as a republican is both stupid and against their own best interests. Oh btw, you are just as brainwashed as the democratic blacks that you talk down to. The republicans like to have blacks that have no clue of recent past or present history to talk down to other blacks that they know very little of. There are many black republicans but why is it that none of them are leaders in the republican party? The ones that they have either sound crazy as hell (alan keyes) or as dumb as a frog with a lobotomy (herman cain). When they finallly get an intelligent blackman they destroy him (Colin Powell).
If you were as intelligent as you think that you are, you would align yourself up as an independent and vote for the individuals that have your best interest, because neither party as a whole does
I think you're making a very large and unsupported assumption that this poster is in the top 1%, when he probably isn't ... since 99% of us aren't. And that is who the Republicans are alleged to represent, no? The top 1% ? That is the claim always being made. So if he is not one of those wealthy elitists reaping the benefits offered by the republicans, then maybe he's like the majority of republicans who aren't in that elitist club either, and just sees the republican course (or at least the promised course) as better serving the country as a whole, and therefore, indirectly in the best interests of everyone, which includes himself? Has that possibility ever occurred to you??

Now I would agree with anyone on the point that neither party has demonstrated that they have the common people's best interests at heart ... as the corruption of the system has reached the point that we are damned if we do and damned if we don't, and the "choices" we have are limited to the hand selected choices offered to us by an elite who pretty much owns both parties now. Much of the alleged differences are cosmetic or illusory, but there are some differences, but only to the extent the the illusion of difference, and of choice, is maintained. But it's pretty much a crap sandwich, that you get to choose wheat or rye, mayo or mustard.

But what you charge him with doing ... voting solely on his personal interests alone, are far less likely than those who support Democrats ... as they make up the vast majority of "special interests". The gays support Democrats for the assumed support they receive .... the feminists the same ... Latinos ... Blacks .... Pro choicers .. every special interest from Transvestites to illegal immigrants to generational welfare recipients, all flock to the Democrats for what they believe will benefit them personally, paying no particular interest to any other matter at all ... like what might be in the best interests of the damned country and the overall best interests of everyone.

All of the multitude of pet causes that make up the Democratic base literally revolves around individuals and small groups voting themselves a perceived benefit, and the Democrat's very existence as a party has relied on that tactic for DECADES, which is why you see them defend illegals at the expense of the American citizens. Is this influx of illegals of any benefit to the American citizen? Hell no they aren't ... but don't try to tell that to the homosexuals who would vote for Hitler if he promised them State Sanctioned marriage. That's the bloody reality, and the problem with the left. It's one giant orgy of depraved madness, all attacking the special interest all you can eat buffet, to load their plates.

You don't think so? Then you tell me ... who the hell votes for a candidate that promises that his policies will "necessarily cause energy rates to skyrocket", other than a masochist IDIOT ? What working people would demand that 30 Million people be added to the ranks of the health care insured, with the likelihood that 2/3rds of them will require subsidizing at everyone else's expense? Bloody idiots that's who. And who believes that the rate of deficit spending of the Obama administration which exceeds Bush by a factor of 3, and the Big Spender Reagan by a factor of 6, is actually good for the nation as a whole? The mathematically challenged, that's who. Who's too busy worrying about whether gays can openly wear pink camo in the United States military, while ignoring the war mongering policies of the government? Certainly not conservatives. I'll tell you what the Democrats are ... they're a bus load of selfish morons ... riding along at 100 MPH heading straight for a cliff .... and all they are concerned about is who gets to sit in the front of the bus, and who gets the window seats and who got a discount on their bus tokens.

All of these leftist imbeciles and their pet causes represent a rearranging of the deck chairs on the bloody Titanic. Would you like a little ice with that cocktail, sir?

Now will things magically turn around under Romney? Highly unlikely, as they are both owned by the same financial interests. The best any of us can expect from Romney is a slower pace of destruction, due to him having to at least satisfy his conservative base support, however slightly. That might buy us a little time to figure out how to get the drooling masses to start thinking enough to begin looking at 3rd parties for real solutions.

Yes ... it's that old choice between the lesser evils, and an option I have always rejected in the past as still choosing evil. But this time around, the evil that we know is so great, and the harm being caused so bad, the alternative couldn't be worse, and there is a slight chance that it might be marginally better. It won't be good .... good left the house a long time ago, but at this point, "not as bad" is the only choice available.

Old 10-25-2012, 09:22 PM

24,644 posts, read 38,770,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
They freed the slaves.
They've been trying to make up for it ever since.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections