Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2012, 08:22 AM

9,700 posts, read 5,139,179 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Shuck N Jive Cajun Food Restaurant | Richardson & Dallas, TX on Greenville

How dare these damn people....(or whities for the OP)
When are you going to address the multiple questions I've asked you instead of trying to side them?

Like, Democrats apologize when they invoke a historic racist stereotype. What do Republicans do? Or explain how it could be seen as racist if you describe a White person as shucking & jiving?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2012, 08:36 AM

6,807 posts, read 5,701,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
When are you going to address the multiple questions I've asked you instead of trying to side them?

Like, Democrats apologize when they invoke a historic racist stereotype. What do Republicans do? Or explain how it could be seen as racist if you describe a White person as shucking & jiving?
Who exactly needs to apologize.. All Republilcans or the person who said it???

If someone says something STUPID, that PERSON needs to apologize not the entire freaking world... STUPID!

Old 10-26-2012, 08:38 AM

46,450 posts, read 27,325,156 times
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
As one poster already said...you've made up your mind....you don't care about anyone's answers...you want to argue that all republicans are racist....even if they are black republicans.....

I guess that you should call all white people slave masters also 9even today), right...I mean a hundred years ago, all whities had slaves right....so therefore I'm a slave master.....

When you look for stupid stuff you find it....you have found it, you are a racist you just cannot see it....

Good by, have fun with yourself. I'm going to sleep good tonight...you won't...take your blinders off....

Old 10-26-2012, 08:45 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,715,185 times
Quote:
I gave it some time to see if any Republicans would have the decency to say that this was a poorly worded statement and insist an apology should be made. This would at least add some credibility to their party's claim that they don't send out racially coded messages to rile up the racists in their fold.
We have actors and musicians making 0bama campaign ads, who have called us racists, and worse, or said they are only voting for obama because he is black. So why hasn't obama insisted on apologies from these people?

Palin is a private citizen, who does and says whatever she wants without asking for Romney's approval, and I seriously doubt she does any campaign ads for him.

Old 10-26-2012, 09:23 AM

19,023 posts, read 26,047,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Yeah, how dare we have someone in the Whitehouse other than a whiteman. If mitts gets in I hope that you will be happy when he ignores you completely
I am a biker and man everything other people do is offensive. Cars being made in just automatic is offensive, anti theft packing is offensive.

The way younger guys wear pants down around their knees is offensive.

The way eubonics breaks up English is offensive, reading anything in spanish is offensive. I say if you want to be in the USA that it means you WANT to be American. If not any you need every little thing to be ethnic, then go back to where you came from.

If all you can stand is greek liquors then move there. If all you want to eat is fish and rice charlie style go move there.....

I am tired of pandering to people who are so easily offended and i am offended myself.

Hat worn backwards counts too, and or on some slant...... any anything else stupid people do to get attention.

I don't care what color a guys skin is. I care about the shumks that tell one lie after another. I don't like Bill Clinton either. What color is he? Nothing but a scum bag liar.

You will find like was said I think on page 1 in this thread if you don't put down you Al Sharptons, J Jacksons, C Rangels and ect ect and move on No One will take you serious.

White people have HAD IT with the race card! get IT?!

I know some blacks who are a tad right leaning and none of them are whiners. One was on the committee to get Obama elected like knew Obama face to fact that kind of committee, and he no longer can stand to look at Obama's face!

From blacks all I hear is whine all day long and about slavery not one of you ever knew.

I come from scott blood and we were slaved to England too. You won't hear us whining about it.

hell you act like the USA was here and slavery was something the USA created!

BS Blacks were beaten in wars with other blacks and sold to Muslims who in turn sold them to anyone with cash more than 2,000 years ago. Why is it only the USA is blamed? England gave up slavery a decade before the USA, why never blame them? What about the French and Spanish? Who first brought slaves to the North American Continent?

All your beloved ONE has done is opened up the gash that was slavery. A lot of good that will do... it will be his legacy.

Old 10-26-2012, 09:37 AM

6,464 posts, read 13,492,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
Carney: "I'm Going To Shuck And Jive" | RealClearPolitics

WH spokeskid Jay Carney used this phrase and Obama did not see fit to fire him over it. Can't have it both ways OP, either use of this phrase is evidence of racism or not. Does Obama lose your vote over this????
Why would he fire him over it? In the normal business world HR would come up and say "That was inappropriate, don't do it again." If it continued to happen then maybe they'd get fired.

People can make mistakes and learn from them.

Old 10-26-2012, 04:23 PM

582 posts, read 1,123,916 times
Which voting block will make or break this presidential election - the undecided vote or the Black vote? I rest my case. The Republicans are focused on undecided voters, not Black voters. It is what it is.

Old 10-26-2012, 04:37 PM

38,759 posts, read 22,552,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clevergirl05 View Post
Which voting block will make or break this presidential election - the undecided vote or the Black vote? I rest my case. The Republicans are focused on undecided voters, not Black voters. It is what it is.
nope. Republicans present their views and vision in a color blind way, blacks, greens purples are all free to either agree or disagree.

How exactly do you pander to "blacks?" People have different professions, different personal and family concerns, different desires, and goals. I refuse to view anyone as a type of herd animal just because of their skin color. It's racist, demeaning and divisive. Why do people allow democrats demean them and treat them like herd animals?

Old 10-26-2012, 07:23 PM

13,186 posts, read 12,370,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
I am a biker and man everything other people do is offensive. Cars being made in just automatic is offensive, anti theft packing is offensive.

The way younger guys wear pants down around their knees is offensive.

The way eubonics breaks up English is offensive, reading anything in spanish is offensive. I say if you want to be in the USA that it means you WANT to be American. If not any you need every little thing to be ethnic, then go back to where you came from.

That rhetoric can willfully apply to every ethnicity but blacks and native americans. The first group were brought over here by force and therefore cannot go back and the latter was born here

If all you can stand is greek liquors then move there. If all you want to eat is fish and rice charlie style go move there.....

I am tired of pandering to people who are so easily offended and i am offended myself.

I'm going to ask you this, when was the last time that anyone went unpunished for an anti-semitic behavior in the media, all that blacks ask is to be treated with the same respect. Do you think that it is fair that politicians talk about welfare and point the finger towards blacks as if they are the majority on it.

Hat worn backwards counts too, and or on some slant...... any anything else stupid people do to get attention.

I don't care what color a guys skin is. I care about the shumks that tell one lie after another. I don't like Bill Clinton either. What color is he? Nothing but a scum bag liar.

You will find like was said I think on page 1 in this thread if you don't put down you Al Sharptons, J Jacksons, C Rangels and ect ect and move on No One will take you serious.

Who will black poeple go to if these people are discredited, the republicans? the democrats? You? Hell there are still whites that think that there are no racial issues in this country while their neighbors are burning crosses down the street in someone else's yard. Better yet there are more that are willing to turn a blind eye to things that they know are wrong and pretend like it never happened

White people have HAD IT with the race card! get IT?!

Well they need to quit being racist or at least stop others from doing so!

I know some blacks who are a tad right leaning and none of them are whiners. One was on the committee to get Obama elected like knew Obama face to fact that kind of committee, and he no longer can stand to look at Obama's face!

So is up mitt's butt? I doubt it very seriously

From blacks all I hear is whine all day long and about slavery not one of you ever knew.

Who mentioned slavery? Btw, it's affects are part of the probelm in the black community, but since you are not black and can care less what difference does it make to you?

I come from scott blood and we were slaved to England too. You won't hear us whining about it.

Huh, yeah so you came from being slaves to owning them, so what reason would you have to complain?

hell you act like the USA was here and slavery was something the USA created!

Actually the type of slavery (brutality) was unique to America and it's colonies

BS Blacks were beaten in wars with other blacks and sold to Muslims who in turn sold them to anyone with cash more than 2,000 years ago. Why is it only the USA is blamed? England gave up slavery a decade before the USA, why never blame them? What about the French and Spanish? Who first brought slaves to the North American Continent?

Maybe because they not only let their slaves go and become citizens without the additional brutality, come to think of it I never hear of Jim Crows laws, lynchings, police brutality, or even voter suppression in those countries after they let their slaves go either

All your beloved ONE has done is opened up the gash that was slavery. A lot of good that will do... it will be his legacy.
Why are you so insistant on bringing up slevery? There are plenty of things that his legacy will leave but that will not be one of them. What his presidency did prove is that there are still alot of racist and dumbazz people out there that can be mislead through the media to believe the strangest things

I don't have to mention slavery in order to see alot racially motivated actions, hell I can read some of it on CD. Like I said before just because you might not be a racist or even have racist ideas, does not mean that others do not. Yes I realize that there are some people that see racism everywhere, but there are some that are treated bad because they are black.

I said it on many occasions that it must be nice to be a white male in America and not be subject to the same discrimination as blacks, gays, women, and others are. It is so easy to be the one hurdling insults at others and then get mad whenever someone objects to them. Here is a hint: If you are tired of blacks crying about racism, do something about it. The next time that you hear or see one of your buddies doing something that you know is racist stop him. If everyone does it just maybe racism will go away and there would be no need to complain about it.

Old 10-26-2012, 07:26 PM

13,186 posts, read 12,370,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
Nothing being widely broadcast over the national airwaves ... be it radio or television or print is anything more than propaganda and halve truths.

Some people are convinced that NPR is an independent source since it is a non-profit ... but it's list of donors tells another tale:

NPR: National Public Radio Or National Propaganda Radio? » 12Bytes.org

And, somewhat reflective of the sentiments here .... some claim NPR has a conservative bias, while others insist it is left leaning.

The fact is, the public has been force fed so much crap propaganda for so long now, no one seems capable of determining what the truth really is. And if you don't know that, how the hell could one determine who is being unfairly biased?

The answer is, it's impossible.
Actually you can it just takes some work. If you get a combination of information from the right and the left and a great deal from outside of the country somewhere in there you will find the truth
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections