Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2012, 07:29 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,334,398 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
I'd be happy with a purple president if the mother-shut-your-mouth could make it 24 hours without lying or doing something purely evil.

And so would most Americans, I think. Trouble is, those fellers aren't invited to participate in presidential debates and elections.
The probelm is that this country is ran and owned by a powerful few and they tell the president, congress, senate and the supreme court what to do and say. So in reality it really does not make a difference. Those honest people that you so fondly wish for will never come to pass because they still remember what happened to President Kennedy who was the last one who tried to buck the system
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2012, 07:30 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,334,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stick2dascript View Post
Republicans don't care about blacks, they know they won't get much support so let it go. They also need to make the core of the right happy and that has alot of negative beliefs about blacks in general so they have to let off these little racist statements every now and then. Even if they're trying to appeal to blacks they'll lose alot of their core support which is older southerners who aren't found of blacks in general. They've put themselves in a box and its hard for them to break out of that.
Basically you said it all in a nutshell

Old 10-27-2012, 01:10 AM

22,667 posts, read 24,635,434 times
Why bother, African Americans, for the most part, vote a straight D ticket.....don't see that stat changing anytime......ever!

Old 10-27-2012, 07:55 AM

8,652 posts, read 17,252,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
How sad is it that you have to look back almost 150 years to find a credible example of Republicans reaching out to Black America.
No different than blacks blaming their troubles of today because they come from slaves now is there?

Old 10-27-2012, 02:12 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,984,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Why are you so insistant on bringing up slevery? There are plenty of things that his legacy will leave but that will not be one of them. What his presidency did prove is that there are still alot of racist and dumbazz people out there that can be mislead through the media to believe the strangest things

I don't have to mention slavery in order to see alot racially motivated actions, hell I can read some of it on CD. Like I said before just because you might not be a racist or even have racist ideas, does not mean that others do not. Yes I realize that there are some people that see racism everywhere, but there are some that are treated bad because they are black.

I said it on many occasions that it must be nice to be a white male in America and not be subject to the same discrimination as blacks, gays, women, and others are. It is so easy to be the one hurdling insults at others and then get mad whenever someone objects to them. Here is a hint: If you are tired of blacks crying about racism, do something about it. The next time that you hear or see one of your buddies doing something that you know is racist stop him. If everyone does it just maybe racism will go away and there would be no need to complain about it.
I am not going to see any thing racist in my day to day routine. I live in east boonies New Hampshire. there are 2 kinds of blacks here bears and dogs.

In my opinion ever living human is a racist. It IS the natural order of life. To be near others who are like you.

Whites suffer from racism too. It can come in war, it can just be........ I have personally suffered 2 beatings for doing nothing. This was both times by 6 blacks to me and no words were spoken, as I was just jumped.

Another time I was warned to get out of Kansas City Mo by a black saving my life from other blacks. I had just stopped for gas and a bottle of water.

Racism just IS, and no social experiment is going to end it and further more Obama has simply promoted it.

You may not know it but African Blacks don't like Afro American blacks either..... So there is a racist problem just between blacks.

The only end to this mess is when everyone acts in a educated way, which is not like city street punks and thugs.. But of course most any educated blacks are called Uncle Tom's.

Like i said and like others said when blacks no longer look up thugs like Sharpton, Rangle, Jackson and etc etc who do nothing but play that race card, and Obama stops playing with his.. maybe we can get back to the point of where were were last in another couple of decades from now.

This choice is up to the blacks...

Old 10-27-2012, 04:21 PM

347 posts, read 696,425 times
As an outsider (black person who has never lived in the US) looking in I have wondered myself why African Americans mainly vote Democrat. If I were American I'd be truly conflicted. I LOVE how Republicans are all for personal accountability and responsibility (fewer handouts), fiscal conservatism....I even like the idea of non progressive tax. But then their views on abortion(I am strongly pro-choice), stem cell research, religion (for many Republicans it seems non Christian =heathen), gay marriage are a HUGE turn off. I guess not being from the culture I'm able to weigh the good and the bad of both parties more objectively.
Politics in my country depresses me as it isn`t about the issues but more about both parties pandering to the poor for votes and the poor saying Gimme gimme gimme!Generally I love the mature nature of American politics where candidates differ based on ideology. My country is nowhere near that stage yet.

Old 10-27-2012, 05:18 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,560,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thewitchisback View Post
As an outsider (black person who has never lived in the US) looking in I have wondered myself why African Americans mainly vote Democrat. If I were American I'd be truly conflicted. I LOVE how Republicans are all for personal accountability and responsibility (fewer handouts), fiscal conservatism....I even like the idea of non progressive tax. But then their views on abortion(I am strongly pro-choice), stem cell research, religion (for many Republicans it seems non Christian =heathen), gay marriage are a HUGE turn off. I guess not being from the culture I'm able to weigh the good and the bad of both parties more objectively.
Politics in my country depresses me as it isn`t about the issues but more about both parties pandering to the poor for votes and the poor saying Gimme gimme gimme!Generally I love the mature nature of American politics where candidates differ based on ideology. My country is nowhere near that stage yet.
I would say you summed it up nicely in a nutshell. A lot of folks agree with fiscal policies of the Republicans - but are simply turned off by their postion on the social issues. That is why they need to quit pandering to extreme right and move toward the middle.

Old 10-28-2012, 02:00 PM

22,667 posts, read 24,635,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thewitchisback View Post

Uh, watch a little closer.....pander, pander, pander, promises of goodies, promises of goodies....that is what politics in the USA is all about.

Out politicians operate on the Romper Room level.

Old 10-28-2012, 02:13 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,911,312 times
About everytime I have heard the word jive used in conversation it has been a black guy speaking to another black guy. I did not realize that if a white man used the same word it would be racist. Fortunately, I've always used the term BS.

Guess I will have to put jive in the category of words only black people can use.

Of all the stupid stuff Palin has said this ranks far down on the list when measuring the stupidity factor of the statement.

Old 10-28-2012, 02:15 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,546,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Here's what i'm doing to make you understand i'm not a racist: I'm asking you and every other black person to denounce Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, Julian Bond, Ben Jealous, Maxine Waters, John Lewis, the entire Congressional Black Congress, etc. to prove to us that you really are concerned about racists in our society. These whoppers don't deserve your worship, but yet you do it anyway.

Until you can unshackle yourselves from those who insist you remain the Lowest Common Denominator, I see no reason to take your recalcitrance against conservatives seriously.
This pretty much proves you have no problem with racism, when you direct your bile towards other blacks when some idiot in Alaska uses her not so subtle dog-whistle racism to denigrate the President. And to top it off, you call blacks the "Lowest Common Denominator"

Stay classy Aero....

To the OP: Republicans are fine with what Palin said, many, if not most, would have gone even father down the sewer with their commentary if given the platform Palin has.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections