Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2012, 04:53 PM

2,137 posts, read 1,909,485 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
Well, I'm black and happily Republican. I'm going to say it if no one else will. The majority of black Americans are far too ignorant and brainwashed to ever become Republicans. I've seen and heard more than I can bear of the reasons they vote Democrat. And it is nothing but pure ignorance. They see themselves as a skin color, a monolithic culture, and nothing else. Most are conservative but consistently vote against their own values. They don't study the history of their party or the policies and issues they support. Most of them are simply generational voters but try to act like they know what their talking about when it comes to the issues in the current political platform. They vote for anyone with a D in front of their name and accuse anyone who is Republican of being racist. It doesn't matter what black politician they see is a Republican, they will come up with the stupidest reasons of why they are Republican and resort to name calling like uncle toms or sell-outs. The list just goes on and on. I'm entirely sick of it and that's one of the reasons I thank God everyday that I woke up out of that crap. Republicans don't have to do anything to "draw in" black people. This is a party of free-thinking individuals who take responsibility for themselves and want to reap the fruits of their labor. We don't see color. Black-Americans and the Democrat Party are a party of people that want others to take care of them and they have a group-think mentality and ONLY see color. Even though it's been almost 50-60 years with the Democrat Party having done NOTHING to improve the black community, they still vote for them. There is nothing that Republicans can do to help helpless people.
Exactly the point I was trying to make as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2012, 04:54 PM

9,701 posts, read 5,132,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioIstheBest View Post
That and the FACT that more blacks are being voted into office as Republicans than Democrats.

And more Latinos hold public office as Repubs than Dems.

And when are Democrats gonna apologize to Palin for the hate speech directed at her and her family?

When are Dems gonna prove they don't hate women?

And when are Democrats gonna apologize to Clarence Thomas, Allen West and Heman Cain and other black Republicns for the hate speech directed at them and their families?

Seems to me there are plenty of democrats that don't like blacks all that much.
Sorry, but I couldn't find anything on Google. Let me know when you have your sources.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
As one poster already said...you've made up your mind....you don't care about anyone's answers...you want to argue that all republicans are racist....even if they are black republicans.....

I guess that you should call all white people slave masters also 9even today), right...I mean a hundred years ago, all whities had slaves right....so therefore I'm a slave master.....

When you look for stupid stuff you find it....you have found it, you are a racist you just cannot see it....

Good by, have fun with yourself. I'm going to sleep good tonight...you won't...take your blinders off....
Odd. All that, and nothing about any kind of outreach to Black Americans. Jesus Christ.

Quote:
I never said anything about Congressmen. I said politicians. That includes local, state and national.
See above.

But also, who are the racist voters that voted in the Dixiecrats, voting in now?

Old 10-25-2012, 05:08 PM

7,108 posts, read 9,020,548 times
The democratic party is racist for supporting planned parenthood. Look at the history of the organization.

I don't need the Republican party to extend a hand to show they aren't racist.

I'm voting for president Obama because of his accomplishments within context of his presidency. Romney hasn't shown he is presidential the way he managed the RNC vs the debates.

I would agree there is a racist element within the party and hopefully they will be fading out within the next 10 years it so. Then you will see more racial diversity.

Old 10-25-2012, 05:20 PM

6,464 posts, read 13,474,262 times
Quote:
That's great.

Has nothin to do with the thread.
It has everything to do with this thread, and in fact pretty much every other thread in this section of the forum. Your inability to see that is part of the problem.

Old 10-25-2012, 05:40 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,412,255 times
Carney: "I'm Going To Shuck And Jive" | RealClearPolitics

WH spokeskid Jay Carney used this phrase and Obama did not see fit to fire him over it. Can't have it both ways OP, either use of this phrase is evidence of racism or not. Does Obama lose your vote over this????

Old 10-25-2012, 05:46 PM

8,802 posts, read 8,920,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
Pot meet kettle
Wasn't aware this was social hour for kitchen products.

Old 10-25-2012, 05:56 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,356,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Here's what i'm doing to make you understand i'm not a racist: I'm asking you and every other black person to denounce Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, Julian Bond, Ben Jealous, Maxine Waters, John Lewis, the entire Congressional Black Congress, etc. to prove to us that you really are concerned about racists in our society. These whoppers don't deserve your worship, but yet you do it anyway.

Until you can unshackle yourselves from those who insist you remain the Lowest Common Denominator, I see no reason to take your recalcitrance against conservatives seriously.
Ok, now let me understand this. You want black people to denounce the few people that are willing to stand up against racism so that people like can feel good? Riiiiight! If it was not for Rev sharpton and others the country would not have known about the Trayvon Martin case where the police dept would have buried the whole thing under a rug and zimmerman would have walked. The counyry would not have know about the police dept in Ne Jersey busting in on a helpless veteran shouting racial slurs and shot him. I rather take my chances with the above rather than hope for a fair shake from a (sometimes) racist media and law enforcement

Old 10-25-2012, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
They freed the slaves.
And have'nt done squat since

Old 10-25-2012, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
Honestly it sounds like you have your mind made up. What's the point of any Republican interjecting with their point of view?
All that he asked is why don't they correct one of there own whenever they make offensive racial comments if they are serious about not being labeled as racist. I think that it is a fair question, so why are so many of you are deflecting from this? The best and honest answer would have been "I don't know why they do it" instead of defending why they said it or changing the subject

Old 10-25-2012, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
No, I think the general sentiment covers three main points:

1) Grow up and quit acting like 5 year olds ..... Mommy .... Billy said a bad word again

Here is a counterpoint to that, when was the last time that heard anti-semitic language from a politician's mouth? Political suicide you say? So why is ok to talk bad about blacks?

2) For those who see racism everywhere, they cannot be satisfied, because people who see things that aren't there will not believe you when you tell them it isn't there.

If it does not affect you, it would never be seen. It is seen and felt by those who it directed towards

3) Only racists are so preoccupied and consumed by racism. Non racists rarely give much of a thought to racism ... they have other things on their mind.

Non-racist can care less because it does not affect them, racist know what they are doing so they want people to believe that it does not exist so that they can keep doing it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections