Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2012, 06:08 PM

8,802 posts, read 8,904,973 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
All that he asked is why don't they correct one of there own whenever they make offensive racial comments if they are serious about not being labeled as racist. I think that it is a fair question, so why are so many of you are deflecting from this? The best and honest answer would have been "I don't know why they do it" instead of defending why they said it or changing the subject
The best and honest answer is that the GOP has a party platform you can read which can tell you whether or not the party is racist. It's a fair question with a factual answer: the GOP isn't a racist party.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2012, 06:14 PM

490 posts, read 650,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
Well, I'm black and happily Republican. I'm going to say it if no one else will. The majority of black Americans are far too ignorant and brainwashed to ever become Republicans. I've seen and heard more than I can bear of the reasons they vote Democrat. And it is nothing but pure ignorance. They see themselves as a skin color, a monolithic culture, and nothing else. Most are conservative but consistently vote against their own values. They don't study the history of their party or the policies and issues they support. Most of them are simply generational voters but try to act like they know what their talking about when it comes to the issues in the current political platform. They vote for anyone with a D in front of their name and accuse anyone who is Republican of being racist. It doesn't matter what black politician they see is a Republican, they will come up with the stupidest reasons of why they are Republican and resort to name calling like uncle toms or sell-outs. The list just goes on and on. I'm entirely sick of it and that's one of the reasons I thank God everyday that I woke up out of that crap. Republicans don't have to do anything to "draw in" black people. This is a party of free-thinking individuals who take responsibility for themselves and want to reap the fruits of their labor. We don't see color. Black-Americans and the Democrat Party are a party of people that want others to take care of them and they have a group-think mentality and ONLY see color. Even though it's been almost 50-60 years with the Democrat Party having done NOTHING to improve the black community, they still vote for them. There is nothing that Republicans can do to help helpless people.
Probably the most vile thing I've ever read on city data. Thanks for telling me that I'm ignorant and how I should think. All those school years and getting a great job just wasted on my part.

Old 10-25-2012, 06:17 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,331,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
Well, I'm black and happily Republican. I'm going to say it if no one else will. The majority of black Americans are far too ignorant and brainwashed to ever become Republicans. I've seen and heard more than I can bear of the reasons they vote Democrat. And it is nothing but pure ignorance. They see themselves as a skin color, a monolithic culture, and nothing else. Most are conservative but consistently vote against their own values. They don't study the history of their party or the policies and issues they support. Most of them are simply generational voters but try to act like they know what their talking about when it comes to the issues in the current political platform. They vote for anyone with a D in front of their name and accuse anyone who is Republican of being racist. It doesn't matter what black politician they see is a Republican, they will come up with the stupidest reasons of why they are Republican and resort to name calling like uncle toms or sell-outs. The list just goes on and on. I'm entirely sick of it and that's one of the reasons I thank God everyday that I woke up out of that crap. Republicans don't have to do anything to "draw in" black people. This is a party of free-thinking individuals who take responsibility for themselves and want to reap the fruits of their labor. We don't see color. Black-Americans and the Democrat Party are a party of people that want others to take care of them and they have a group-think mentality and ONLY see color. Even though it's been almost 50-60 years with the Democrat Party having done NOTHING to improve the black community, they still vote for them. There is nothing that Republicans can do to help helpless people.

If you are financially well off and comfortable in your position in life then you are voting for YOUR best interest, but since there are more blacks and others not as fortunate to vote as a republican is both stupid and against their own best interests. Oh btw, you are just as brainwashed as the democratic blacks that you talk down to. The republicans like to have blacks that have no clue of recent past or present history to talk down to other blacks that they know very little of. There are many black republicans but why is it that none of them are leaders in the republican party? The ones that they have either sound crazy as hell (alan keyes) or as dumb as a frog with a lobotomy (herman cain). When they finallly get an intelligent blackman they destroy him (Colin Powell).
If you were as intelligent as you think that you are, you would align yourself up as an independent and vote for the individuals that have your best interest, because neither party as a whole does

Old 10-25-2012, 06:26 PM

[quote=OhioIstheBest;26668287]David Duke was a Democrat when he was active in the KKK also.

Are you sure? If thet being the case why is he speaking the the teabaggers?

David Duke Speaks to the Tea Party - YouTube

And Fred Phelps, leader of the anti-gay Westboro Baptist Church, is a Democrat.

Thats interesting since anyone can register as anything but to support them is a different animal altogether. He does not suport the democratic agenda so what is your point? I know quite a few people that register for the republican party and vote for the most jacked up candidate in the primaries to run against the democrats in the general election.

Republicans tend to ignore anything that pertains to science, equality of minorities, gays and women so what was your point again?

Old 10-25-2012, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioIstheBest View Post
Yep, Republicans are sooooooooooooooooooooooo racist they now elect more minorities than Democrats do.

When are Democrats gonna start voting for someone besides rich white males to prove they are not racists?
When are republicans are going to promote the few blacks that they have to national positions

Old 10-25-2012, 06:31 PM

15,537 posts, read 10,518,276 times
I don't care much for Palin, but this is a stretch. I wasn't aware the term was ever racist, so I googled it. Apparently, the term was mainstreamed a long time ago. For pete's sake, I eat Cajun food at Shuck n Jive.

Old 10-25-2012, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
The best and honest answer is that the GOP has a party platform you can read which can tell you whether or not the party is racist. It's a fair question with a factual answer: the GOP isn't a racist party.
I'm not going to say that all republicans are racist, but they seem very tolerate of certain code words directed towards blacks. I think that is the whole point of this thread.

Old 10-25-2012, 06:47 PM

8,802 posts, read 8,904,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
I'm not going to say that all republicans are racist, but they seem very tolerate of certain code words directed towards blacks. I think that is the whole point of this thread.
I guess, for staters, I'm not very aware of some of elected GOP officials dropping the n-word, at least to the extent that it's a rampant issue within the party.

Old 10-25-2012, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
I guess, for staters, I'm not very aware of some of elected GOP officials dropping the n-word, at least to the extent that it's a rampant issue within the party.
That is not a codeword, but who knows no one would have heard of his 47% remark if it was not taped in secret

Old 10-25-2012, 07:19 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,426,253 times
Shucks. Another "you're a racist" thread. Maybe Jive Magazine can make it their next story. Or maybe Jive Software can create an app to help spread the word about racist republicans. Or maybe Jive Records can release an album. Or maybe this while thread is nothing but a bunch of jive...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections