Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2012, 08:52 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,491,710 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo45 View Post
Mitt is no doubt a terrific human bean.... but we're not electing "Mother Teresa", we're electing a President (and unfortunately Mitt doesn't qualify).

BTW, anyone care to give some examples of all this supposed "defamation" Obama specifically has done to him?

Mitt Romney Killed My Wife - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2012, 08:54 PM

9,700 posts, read 5,139,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Classy liberal, Exhibit A. It used to be a dueling offense to call your political opponent a liar. Now Obama uses the word so freely his fan club thinks it's ok.

Obama has changed his positions heck he's changed them this week. One agenda goes into a shiny brochure another agenda off the record for Iowa newspaper.

If Mitt loses I'll be disappointed but at least I supported the more honorable man.
I'm not talking about changing positions. I can accept that from Romney or Obama. What I can't accept is lying that you ever had an alternative opinion. What I can't accept is creating multiple ads that every independent observer has called a lie. What I can't accept is saying that if you had any misleading ads, you'd take them down asap, and then when it's pointed out that "hey... that ad is a lie," still leaving it up.

Mitt Romney is a bald-faced liar.

Old 10-25-2012, 08:56 PM

Quote:
You mean the ad that isn't an Obama campaign ad? The ad paid for & created by a Super-PAC?

Old 10-25-2012, 08:57 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,322,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo45 View Post
Mitt is no doubt a terrific human bean.... but we're not electing "Mother Teresa", we're electing a President (and unfortunately Mitt doesn't qualify).

BTW, anyone care to give some examples of all this supposed "defamation" Obama specifically has done to him?
Because giving some lady cancer and causing her to die, isnt enough, is it?

Old 10-25-2012, 08:57 PM

2,654 posts, read 5,783,049 times
Did he do all sorts of personal niceties for all the families of the jobs he cut and outsourced as well?

Old 10-25-2012, 08:58 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,322,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
You mean the ad that isn't an Obama campaign ad? The ad paid for & created by a Super-PAC?
Lie.. the SuperPac sponsor flies around on Air Force One with Obama..

If you think they are seperate, then I never want to hear you attacking most of Romneys ads, which are run by Pacs as well.

Old 10-25-2012, 08:59 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,326,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick is rulz View Post
Did he do all sorts of personal niceties for all the families of the jobs he cut and outsourced as well?
sure, he gave each one of them an awkward hug....you know that hug that no one wants to do, but then he feels the need to hold on much longer than what is socially accepted just to say he is really, really sorry.

Old 10-25-2012, 09:00 PM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,503,155 times
Quote:
Mitt Romney Killed My Wife - YouTube
We've been thru this in other threads, and I personally don't see any untruths here in what the man is saying. Although in GOP weasel-land, I know there's never any "culpability" as long as someone can claim that they were never actually there 'pulling the trigger'.

Old 10-25-2012, 09:00 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,326,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post

If you think they are seperate, then I never want to hear you attacking most of Romneys ads, which are run by Pacs as well.
Actually by law, as long as they don't talk about it it is perfectly legal.....it is basically a BS law that should of never been passed in the first place because it has poisoned our politics with money.

Old 10-25-2012, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post

No they're not. Find me one example of me attacking a Super-PAC ad. You won't b/c operating outside of any oversight is their nature, and why they should be banned.

All of the issues I have w/ Mitt Romney's ads come directly from his campaign. They are on his website. They were created under his watch & w/ his approval.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections