Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2012, 09:33 PM

7,572 posts, read 9,059,416 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
When I first saw the title of this thread, I have to admit that I thought it was a joke.

How anyone can use "decency" and "Mitt" in the same sentence is beyond me.

Whatever you may think about President Obama, and whatever you may think of Willard as a potential president, Romney is a far, far cry from being what I would consider a "decent" human being.

1) He straps a dog to the roof of his car for a 12-hour road trip, and thirty years later, still sees nothing wrong with it;

2) He, along with five of his best buddies, assaults a young man they deem to be "different," forcibly cutting the boys hair; today, this would have likely qualified as a "hate crime." Years later, when questioned about it, he giggles and says he doesn't remember the incident, even though the other five remember the incident vividly;

3) He takes part in at least one protest (that we're aware of) FOR the Viet Nam War and the draft, then beat feets it to the comfort and safety of a mansion in France, where he spends his days shoving his religion down the throats of the French citizenry while other young men were honoring the call to fight (and die) for a war they didn't believe in;

4) He testifies in a divorce case, lying about the value of a company in order to essentially bankrupt the wife of a friend of his;

5) He browbeats a woman who is in the hospital due to a difficult pregnancy, and who has to choose between her own life and being around to raise her other children, or to continue with a pregnancy that would kill her;

6) And he's a LIAR. It has been proven over and over and over that the man is a pathological LIAR and will say anything if he thinks it will get him a vote, but his stupid supporters either refuse to see the obvious.....or they don't care.

Seriously......it goes on and on and on and I suspect there are more of these stories that have been buried over the years and that we will likely never even know about.

"Decency" and Willard do NOT go hand in hand.

And to come here and whine about the treatment Willard has gotten during this tough campaign is beyond appalling. As others have noted, it has been four years of non-stop attack on President Obama - and not because of his policies or even because of the kind of person he is, but because of WHO he is.

And not just President Obama, but his wife. The unspeakably cruel and disgusting and vile things that have been said about her just go far, far beyond anything a "decent" human being would say.

The fact that someone would come here and cry about how Willard has been treated is dishonest and laughable and pathetic.
Excellent post - decent and Mitt Romney just don't belong in the same sentence. You have sited some great examples. He is one scarey guy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2012, 09:45 PM

7,572 posts, read 9,059,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MantaRay View Post
He made one to his Republican base that he was going to cut taxes. He made one to Americans later that they SHOULDN'T expect a tax cut because he's going to get rid of deductions. So which promise would he keep, and which one would he break? I mean if you say you're going to give a tax cut and then later say don't expect a tax cut, they BOTH can't be true, right, or else why say you're going to give one and then say don't expect one?

So since he made contradictory promises to different groups just to get their vote, which promise will he break?
Ah Ha! Perhaps that's his strategy, the reason why he flip flops so often. If confronted with breaking a promise he would say "On, but on this date I said I would XXX." Scarey guy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections