Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2012, 10:05 PM

6,933 posts, read 8,497,657 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurbie View Post
Romney Surrogate: Colin Powell Endorsed Obama Because He's Black

I know it's next to impossible to embarrass the GOP, but John Sununu's gotta be getting close, don't ya think?
Sununu would have fit right-in with the Third Reich.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2012, 10:13 PM

376 posts, read 653,059 times
Default Of course he endorsed him because he's black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurbie View Post

I know it's next to impossible to embarrass the GOP, but John Sununu's gotta be getting close, don't ya think?

Of course Sununu is correct, 98% of blacks support Obama. Blacks have been voting Dems about 90% and the increase to 98% or whatever the exact % ends up being voting based on race. Why doesn't Powell man up and admit it.

Old 10-25-2012, 10:16 PM

22,192 posts, read 19,473,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
No other group gives Obama 90% approval, no other group votes 98-0 as Blacks were shown to prefer Obama in one poll. Keep in mind this is a group that has seen its wealth evaporate and unemployment soar under Obama. I mean by any objective, rational standard Obama should be doing at the very least a little worse among Blacks. So when rational explanations are not to be found you turn to irrational explanations, hence racial solidarity. Nothing is wrong with that but let's not feign surprise by it.

I went to the barber this past Saturday and the election comes up. I state my views and the responses were weak. In fact some of the so called Obama supporters sounded like Republicans.
Again, keep in mind its one poll, and considering its a subset of a poll, the sample size is likely very small. Yes blacks do approve of Obama by 90%, and he will likely get over 90% of the black vote, but that isn't really much different from what how other Democrats fare against Republicans.

Old 10-25-2012, 10:18 PM

32,072 posts, read 15,077,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Tiger View Post
Of course Sununu is correct, 98% of blacks support Obama. Blacks have been voting Dems about 90% and the increase to 98% or whatever the exact % ends up being voting based on race. Why doesn't Powell man up and admit it.
So what's the percentage of whites supporting a white candidate. Fair is fair. Sounds like a double standard to me

Old 10-25-2012, 10:19 PM

8,346 posts, read 7,047,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
I mean Obama, who is far to the Left
>Obama
>Far left

Old 10-25-2012, 10:21 PM

9,982 posts, read 13,766,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
Don't you think it is funny that he was Republican until Obama came along. Just saying.

Nah, I think it is more likely that the GOP left guys like Powell high and dry. They've veered so far to the right, that a democrat now seems a more sensible choice than being a mathematically challenged birther.

Old 10-25-2012, 11:59 PM

23,222 posts, read 29,061,361 times
Ya' ain't never gonna change my mind about Obama: He ain't black, he ain't black, he ain't, ain't, ain't!!!

His bossy, controlling wife: Yes! She's black!!!

Old 10-26-2012, 01:41 AM

10,942 posts, read 10,259,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
Ya' ain't never gonna change my mind about Obama: He ain't black, he ain't black, he ain't, ain't, ain't!!!

His bossy, controlling wife: Yes! She's black!!!
So, are you threatened by all strong women?

Or just strong BLACK women?

Old 10-26-2012, 01:50 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,245,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo45 View Post
Sununu is a long-time bottom-feeder. Have we already forgotten that as Daddy Bush's Chief of Staff, he's widely credited with engineering Bush's famous abandonment of his campaign promise of "no new taxes"? Or that, as The Washington Post wrote, Sununu's jets "took him to fat-cat Republican fund-raisers, ski lodges, golf resorts and even his dentist in Boston." Yet despite censure by Bush and much late-night television humor over the incident, Sununu has since repaid the government only $892 for his more than $615,000 worth of military jet travel.

And now Sununu attacks another Republican, for not going against his racial stereotypes! He's a real piece of work, alright...
What a guy!!
Quote:

Sununu angered some when he was the only governor of a U.S. state not to call for repeal of the controversial UN General Assembly Resolution 3379 ("Zionism is Racism"). He later reversed his position on this issue and supported the Republicans' pro-Israel 1988 platform.[13]
As White House Chief of Staff, Sununu reportedly took personal trips, for skiing and other purposes, and classified them as official, for purposes such as conservation or promoting the Thousand Points of Light.[17] The Washington Post wrote that Sununu's jets "took him to fat-cat Republican fund-raisers, ski lodges, golf resorts and even his dentist in Boston."[17] Sununu had paid the government only $892 for his more than $615,000 worth of military jet travel.[18] Sununu said that his use of the jets was necessary because he had to be near a telephone at all times for reasons of national security.[19] Sununu became the subject of much late-night television humor over the incident.[17] Sununu worsened the situation shortly afterwards when, after leaking rumors of financial difficulties in his family, he traveled to a rare stamp auction at Christie's auction house in New York City from Washington in a government limousine, spending $5,000 on rare stamps.[20] Sununu then sent the car and driver back to Washington unoccupied while he returned on a corporate jet.[20] In the course of one week, 45 newspapers ran editorials on Sununu, nearly all of them critical of his actions.[21]
Sununu repaid over $47,000 to the government for the flights on the orders of White House counsel C. Boyden Gray, with the help of the Republican Party.[22] However, the reimbursements were at commercial rates, which are about one-tenth the cost of the actual flights; one ski trip to Vail, Colorado alone had cost taxpayers $86,330.[23]

Old 10-26-2012, 03:17 AM

17,804 posts, read 13,708,449 times
Quote:
I don't see what the big deal is, I'd reckon that Sununu would support Bullwinkle if he ever ran because he's a moose.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections