Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2012, 03:23 AM

15,859 posts, read 21,431,910 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Truth hurts, I guess.

He is lazy and stupid. And a liar.
If Obama is lazy and stupid, who, praytell, are the mere handful of people you consider productive and intelligent?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2012, 04:25 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,238,652 times
Now President Obama has endorsements from at 3 more black Americans, Powell for one, Rev. Sharpton and Rev. Jackson. I won't throw Jesse Jr. into this because he is not himself presently.

In my opinion, I think it's great that blacks are sticking together, it's too bad former Secretary Rice isn't onboard too, but she's just a RW hackjob. She worked for darth vader too many years.

Watchout Mr. President, it's the whitey torpedo!

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-250_162-...en-sink-obama/

Old 10-26-2012, 06:15 AM

12,957 posts, read 13,668,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Of course. Why else? Powell contends that he is a conservative. If he really was a conservative, he would oppose EVERYTHING that Obama stands for.

If, however, he prefers a BLACK PRESIDENT OVER POLICY, he would vote for Obama.

Powell is an embarrassment and a traitor to his beliefs. My uncle (who is just a few years older than me), who was an officer with the 101st in Vietnam for four years, said that Powell was a pig who was more concerned with himself and promotion than the the troops. Few Vietnam vets who actually served with him have few, if any, positive comments for him. He was not a combat vet, he was an administrator who was NOT HELD IN A POSITIVE FASHION.

He is just another partisan, political hack who has sold his country short. My uncle and his 101st Airborne associates are not friends of Powell (black or white). Why the hell should we be???????????????? He is viewed in military circles like a partisan, political hack who is willing to sell his soul for advancement. Ask the Vietnam era guys- they despise him. They were there in the front lines and knew that Powell, even then, was a political figure, not a soldier.

I support heros who put their butts in the grass, regardless of political beliefs. Powell was not one of those guys.I would expect a partisan hack to support another simply by virtue of race, not political ideology= SHAME ON POWELLL!
Being that he is such a poor soldier and bad person it seem the only thing the GOP needed him for was his race. Everyone knows in order for an African American to stay in good graces with the GOP or Tea Party you have to infer that African American Democrats are ignorant slaves. I think it finally came to him that he has not changed his party has.

It is not uncommon for many older politicians to stay focused on who they are politically and when the party moves in a certain direction you stay were you are or join the middle of the other party. Romney and Arlen Specter did it to name a few. Condi Rice has given some support to The State Department's handling of the Benghazi affair. I will expect she too will be be given the same treatment and will realize it was also her race that the GOP valued more than her ideals.

Old 10-26-2012, 06:57 AM

376 posts, read 652,516 times
Default Whites proving less prejudiced than blacks

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
So what's the percentage of whites supporting a white candidate. Fair is fair. Sounds like a double standard to me
Based on the percentage of whites that will be voting for Obama (40%+) compared to the blacks voting for Romney (2-4%), whites are much less likely to vote on a candidate based on race than are blacks. This is not surprising.

Old 10-26-2012, 07:08 AM

14,480 posts, read 11,276,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
The same campaign surrogate who went on national TV to call President Obama lazy & stupid?

C'mon Edward. If you think calling someone a liar is bad, what's your opinion on a campaign surrogate calling the sitting president lazy & stupid? And he also said Obama doesn't know what it's like to be an American...
He said he is "lazy and disengaged", which he is. It's only when faced with losing his job that he actually wakes up. Even then, it is only to campaign.

To the topic. Powell endorsed Obama because he is black, just like the other 98% of racist blacks.

Old 10-26-2012, 07:21 AM

14,480 posts, read 11,276,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
If Obama is lazy and stupid, who, praytell, are the mere handful of people you consider productive and intelligent?
All we need is one.

Old 10-26-2012, 07:21 AM

6,933 posts, read 8,491,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Of course. Why else? Powell contends that he is a conservative. If he really was a conservative, he would oppose EVERYTHING that Obama stands for.

If, however, he prefers a BLACK PRESIDENT OVER POLICY, he would vote for Obama.
I'm suspecting you're either very young and have little experience observing or participating in politics or that you aren't originally from the USA, because I think anyone whose been here for a while, on this planet and in this country, understands the difference between the "American Taliban" (the racists and other extremists) and "Conservatives". "oppose EVERYTHING that Obama stands for"? That would make the person someone who opposed our values ... anti-American.

Old 10-26-2012, 11:02 AM

2,003 posts, read 1,545,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurbie View Post
Romney Surrogate: Colin Powell Endorsed Obama Because He's Black

I know it's next to impossible to embarrass the GOP, but John Sununu's gotta be getting close, don't ya think?
Eh, it's only what their High Priest Limbaugh screeched last time around. Powell stated his reasons for endorsing Obama perfectly clearly both in 08 and now, but folks who are obsessed with race only see skin color.

Old 10-26-2012, 11:03 AM

4,300 posts, read 4,407,463 times
People like Sununu is half of the problem with our politics.

Old 10-26-2012, 11:09 AM

7,993 posts, read 12,858,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Tiger View Post
Based on the percentage of whites that will be voting for Obama (40%+) compared to the blacks voting for Romney (2-4%), whites are much less likely to vote on a candidate based on race than are blacks. This is not surprising.
That is an excellent point, and goes to show that racist views are alive and well in the black community.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections