Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2012, 11:16 AM

13,814 posts, read 28,517,978 times

Advertisements

I'm not so sure Sununu is wrong on that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2012, 11:31 AM

12,964 posts, read 13,694,677 times
why didn't he endorse Herman Cain for the same reasons?

Old 10-26-2012, 01:14 PM

9,701 posts, read 5,120,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
No other group gives Obama 90% approval, no other group votes 98-0 as Blacks were shown to prefer Obama in one poll. Keep in mind this is a group that has seen its wealth evaporate and unemployment soar under Obama. I mean by any objective, rational standard Obama should be doing at the very least a little worse among Blacks. So when rational explanations are not to be found you turn to irrational explanations, hence racial solidarity. Nothing is wrong with that but let's not feign surprise by it.

I went to the barber this past Saturday and the election comes up. I state my views and the responses were weak. In fact some of the so called Obama supporters sounded like Republicans.
Yes, another group does give Obama the same level of approval as Blacks.

DEMOCRATS: RealClearPolitics - Election Other - President Obama Job Approval Among Democrats

It's so pathetic seeing people suddenly ignore the history of Black voters to create this lie about Blacks only voting for Obama b/c he's Black. They're voting for him b/c he's a Democrat. Blacks are Democrats b/c Republicans have done nothing to win their vote.

Old 10-26-2012, 01:14 PM

5,944 posts, read 5,589,026 times
Default Sununu: Powell endorsed Obama because he's black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurbie View Post
Romney Surrogate: Colin Powell Endorsed Obama Because He's Black

I know it's next to impossible to embarrass the GOP, but John Sununu's gotta be getting close, don't ya think?

Sununu's an angry bitter old fart who can say what he really thinks because he'll never hold another office. And what he thinks seems to indicate advancing Alzheimer's.

Old 10-26-2012, 03:32 PM

6,933 posts, read 8,502,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post
Sununu is a racist, and he spoke as co-chair of the Romney campaign. Period. Romney owns the comments as if he made them himself.

Old 10-26-2012, 03:34 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,738,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post
He's not wrong. *******s just dont like looking in the mirror and finding what they see.

Old 10-26-2012, 04:06 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,560,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
He's not wrong. *******s just dont like looking in the mirror and finding what they see.
Let's see ~ the only reason a black man could possibly endorse another black man is . . . because he's black, right?

Are you endorsing Romney because he's white?

Oh wait ~ we don't make those arguments do we. It's only if a black man votes for another black man.

Ridiculous and did not help Romeny at ALL.

Old 10-26-2012, 04:15 PM

7,943 posts, read 17,267,390 times
Powell has to support Obama. He was once a highly respected man, but after the Iraq debacle his legacy was somewhat damaged. If he wants to have any positive legacy left he will support Obama. Stacey Dash was made an example to what happens to public figures, especially those of the black race, who oppose this President. Colin Powell is looking out for his own legacy.

Old 10-26-2012, 04:31 PM

3,955 posts, read 7,205,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
Sununu would have fit right-in with the Third Reich.
VERY unlikely. Sunusu is an Arab American which makes him Semitic and most people know of the Third Reich's view of semites.

Old 10-26-2012, 04:36 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,359,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurbie View Post
Romney Surrogate: Colin Powell Endorsed Obama Because He's Black

I know it's next to impossible to embarrass the GOP, but John Sununu's gotta be getting close, don't ya think?
Seemed to me Colin Powell was tactfully calling Romney an A..hole who has no clue what he's doing thus the vote for Obama and not because they are both black, i think Powell has too much class to vote for Obama just because they are both black..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections