Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2012, 10:49 AM

77,770 posts, read 105,237,377 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
I don't put much stock in anonymous sources.
If there is any truth to the report, I hope their you know whats get thrown in jail, but I too, take anything annoymous with a grain of salt...I feel the same when studies or surveys come out, that are based on a very slanted group, regardless of which side or when people post "we now know the truth because someone wrote an opinion piece about it...Not facts mind you, just opinion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2012, 10:57 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,803,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
I don't put much stock in anonymous sources.
Good for you. Then that would mean that when stories come out about Romney through an anonymous source (Harry Reid had an anonymous source) it has as much credibility as a Democrat's anonymous source. And that would also include all those anonymous sources that provided WH leaks.

Old 10-27-2012, 12:27 PM

90,295 posts, read 121,193,938 times
^^I never put much stock (read: none) in Harry Reid's anonymous source. That story just sort of faded away. Ditto WH "leaks". I don't know which ones you're talking about anyway, as I usually put them in the category of disgruntled employees.

Old 10-27-2012, 03:13 PM

510 posts, read 432,207 times
"Give me your tired, huddled Somalis, willing to vote Democrat in exchange for Section 8 and EBT..."

Old 10-27-2012, 03:23 PM

389 posts, read 1,223,152 times
This really angers me because Ohio will decide the election. Obama may lose by more than three million popular votes but win the election.

When we voted in Arkansas last Monday, we had to produce the registration and a photo ID. But since Arkansas is a Romney state there is no outcry of "voter intimidation." But in the crucial swing states the Dems scream bloody murder and claim there is no such thing as voter fraud which is a palpable lie. We are little more than a banana republic today.

Old 10-27-2012, 03:26 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,724,707 times
This is just a repeat of the 2008 ACORN thing.

It's the Chicago way.

0bama could never, ever win on his own. Not then, not now, not ever. As dumbed down as America has become, it's not that dumb.

Old 10-27-2012, 03:27 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,911,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11
It is simply amazing. Just walk in, vote, dont have to prove anything. And the liberals not only facilitate in this, they push it. They dont care if someone is legal to vote, they dont care if someone pays attention enough to be competent to make an informed decision on their own. They load these people up, explain to them to select Barack Obama. They probably pay them off too.
There was a church group that would come to my grandmother's retirement community with vans and take the seniors to the polls. I remember asking her after one election who she voted for, and she said the person who picked them up recommended a candidate to them, and because he was such a nice young man, she and many of the other ladies felt like they should vote as he advised, so they did.

It goes both ways. And it's wrong every time.

Old 10-27-2012, 03:30 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,822,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
Is voter fraud being committed in Ohio? - Conservative News

No wonder liberals do not want voter id laws. These people cant speak English, and are not required to produce any form of ID. Democrats do not give one damn about respecting our voting rights here in this country. They demean the entire process. No doubt, I am sure they explained who these people need to vote for as well.

Only a liberal would be okay with this.
Why do you assume it's liberals who are ok with this? I don't approve of voter fraud. We even have an obnoxious poster on this board who admitted she's an illegal alien and she's voting. If I had her real life info I'd report her to INS and have her deported.

Stop generalizing about all liberals.

Old 10-27-2012, 03:43 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,104,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
Good for you. Then that would mean that when stories come out about Romney through an anonymous source (Harry Reid had an anonymous source) it has as much credibility as a Democrat's anonymous source. And that would also include all those anonymous sources that provided WH leaks.
I have been considering for sometime to replace the word "liberal" with the word "hypocrite".

But every once in a while - an intellectually honest liberal pops out of the woodwork, and makes me think that there might be some hope for the Democratic Party to come back to its senses sometime in the future.

Sadly - therer are two few of these reasonable liberals - but as long as there are a few, I won't label the whole bunch as bad.

It isn't quite the same as Sodom and Gomorrah.

Old 10-27-2012, 03:46 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,104,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FabianS View Post
"Give me your tired, huddled Somalis, willing to vote Democrat in exchange for Section 8 and EBT..."
And Obamaphones.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections