Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2012, 08:30 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,249,453 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieA View Post
I do not hate liberals, I have many family members who are liberals. I have some liberal leanings in some things. But, I do believe the Democrats have become completely corrupt and will resort to anything to advance their power and agenda. No, I do not see as much of it in the Republicans. By the way, I am a registered Democrat but, I do vote the issues. ACORN, the Black Panthers.....you folks just dismiss those things.
You folks as in me???
I dont believe I have ever given a free pass to such things. I simply point out that bothsides are doing it and until the hardliners hold their own accountable they will never command the moral high ground.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2012, 09:07 PM

8,732 posts, read 6,792,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
Absolutely. Those on the left don't just make up crap and spread lies like the GOP sheep
I would love to see you prove that statement using credible sources or do we just take your word for it?

Old 10-27-2012, 09:19 PM

8,732 posts, read 6,792,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
^^I never put much stock (read: none) in Harry Reid's anonymous source. That story just sort of faded away. Ditto WH "leaks". I don't know which ones you're talking about anyway, as I usually put them in the category of disgruntled employees.
Anyone who collects a salary is an employee. Congressmen, Senators and the President are employees. They receive a paycheck from the government. I doubt they are the happy honest employees you may think they are.

ALL stories fade away. Some just take longer than others.

Old 10-27-2012, 09:29 PM
NCN

21,664 posts, read 25,665,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
Is voter fraud being committed in Ohio? - Conservative News

No wonder liberals do not want voter id laws. These people cant speak English, and are not required to produce any form of ID. Democrats do not give one damn about respecting our voting rights here in this country. They demean the entire process. No doubt, I am sure they explained who these people need to vote for as well.

Only a liberal would be okay with this.
We were told in school how the poll worker used to do it. Here is the story our teacher told us when I was still in school and I am now 66 years old. Back then people were driven to the voting place too and if they had a little more money after voting then before, are they really going to tell anybody where the money came from? Since it was in cash there was no proof that the person had been paid for their vote which I believe is a federal offense.

A republican was very old and being helped by a democrat poll worker who was a very respected member of the community. The ballot was paper and you voted for the person by placing an X beside the name of the person that you wanted to vote for. The poll worker was very helpful and told the voter the names and said, "You don't want this person elected so we will just cross him out." According to the teacher telling the story, the democratic poll worker went all the way down the ballot crossing out the people the voter did not want in office. All the people in this story should be dead by now, but I have remembered it for more than 50 years. I don't like dishonesty.

We have always had voter fraud and I guess we alway will. I think having voter ID's and requiring that both parties be present when someone is being helped would keep a lot of fraud from happening.

My husband who is a registered democrat thinks with all the safety issues our country is facing that we are to the place where everyone in America should be issued an ID and should be required to be ready to show that ID any time the authorities require it. You would think that would be a good idea especially when a person goes to vote. I wonder how many students and travelers vote in more than one place and if so, which vote is the legal one?

In other words, why should a student who has a legal residence in another state be voting in the state where they go to school? It should not be that students place to be deciding local elections where he is not a permanent resident. He should get an absentee ballot from back home.

Last edited by NCN; 10-27-2012 at 09:48 PM..

Old 10-27-2012, 10:41 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,577,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
We were told in school how the poll worker used to do it. Here is the story our teacher told us when I was still in school and I am now 66 years old. Back then people were driven to the voting place too and if they had a little more money after voting then before, are they really going to tell anybody where the money came from? Since it was in cash there was no proof that the person had been paid for their vote which I believe is a federal offense.

A republican was very old and being helped by a democrat poll worker who was a very respected member of the community. The ballot was paper and you voted for the person by placing an X beside the name of the person that you wanted to vote for. The poll worker was very helpful and told the voter the names and said, "You don't want this person elected so we will just cross him out." According to the teacher telling the story, the democratic poll worker went all the way down the ballot crossing out the people the voter did not want in office. All the people in this story should be dead by now, but I have remembered it for more than 50 years. I don't like dishonesty.

We have always had voter fraud and I guess we alway will. I think having voter ID's and requiring that both parties be present when someone is being helped would keep a lot of fraud from happening.

My husband who is a registered democrat thinks with all the safety issues our country is facing that we are to the place where everyone in America should be issued an ID and should be required to be ready to show that ID any time the authorities require it. You would think that would be a good idea especially when a person goes to vote. I wonder how many students and travelers vote in more than one place and if so, which vote is the legal one?

In other words, why should a student who has a legal residence in another state be voting in the state where they go to school? It should not be that students place to be deciding local elections where he is not a permanent resident. He should get an absentee ballot from back home.
No, I don't think that would be a good idea. Sounds more like Nazi Germany to me. Pass.

Old 10-27-2012, 10:59 PM

11,431 posts, read 19,025,043 times
[quote=NCN;26697261]We were told in school how the poll worker used to do it. Here is the story our teacher told us when I was still in school and I am now 66 years old. Back then people were driven to the voting place too and if they had a little more money after voting then before, are they really going to tell anybody where the money came from? Since it was in cash there was no proof that the person had been paid for their vote which I believe is a federal offense.

Back then, the elderly Repub voter was most likely a black man and the Dem poll worker a white man (most likely would be a Repub in today's times).

Old 10-28-2012, 05:44 AM

24,037 posts, read 15,147,170 times
We have a lake north of Houston where several RV parks are located. Texas also does not have as large a licensing fee as many states do for RV's. These RV park are permanent residences to many RV owners. Some have visited the place some have not. Some live in their rv's, some have houses they have had for years in other states. They vote absentee. The county is going Republican very fast.

As the grandmother of a student who is in a different state than his family home, college students need to plan ahead. Obtaining an absentee ballot takes awhile. People need to think 6 weeks ahead of election day.

Old 10-28-2012, 06:13 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,731,758 times
So someone saw some black people go to vote, and cooked up a story that they were illegal Somalis, and then added the claim that they are not required to show id.

Well guys, in Ohio you need to show id, and not every black person is from Somalia.

Old 10-28-2012, 06:40 AM

3,840 posts, read 4,518,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
It's funny to watch all the right wingers claim "voter fraud!" with absoutly no proof, when the GOP has been the ones committing widespread voter fraud in numerous states.
Put up or shut up. Back this up with something other then your normal spewed hatred.

Old 10-28-2012, 06:43 AM

3,840 posts, read 4,518,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
No dirtier than all the Republican states trying to keep minoritied Americans from voting. It's "politics" after all.
Anyone's welcome to vote, regardless of their race, if they're legal. Once again you leftists twist things from making sure illegals don't vote, to the Right is trying to keep any minority from voting which is at best disingenuous, and outright falsehood at worst.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections