Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2012, 11:51 AM

10,581 posts, read 9,818,334 times

Advertisements

As polls start to come in after the 3rd (and last) Presidential debate, more and more of them show Mitt Romney ahead by up to 5%. The RealClearPolitics average of polls show Romney with a 1.0% lead, the biggest lead he's had this year. He is also gaining in states such as Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Michigan, while being distinctly ahead in Florida and other swing states.

And keep in mind that many of these polls are the ones that still sample far more Democrats than Republicans, though it looks likely that more Republicans will vote on Nov. 6, 2012 than Democrats, just as they did in Nov. 2010. The leads aren't huge (yet ), but they mean that if the election were held today and people voted as they responded to the polls, Romney would win.

Note for those who insist Obama won the 2nd or 3rd debates: He didn't gain any votes after any of them, and in fact continues to lose votes. What other kind of "winning" matters?

Maybe next election, Demmies.

Attached Thumbnails
Polls after 3rd debate: Romney drawing farther ahead-rcpavg_27oct2012.gif  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2012, 10:03 AM

Today Romney is at +0.9% ahead. Normal fluctuations. Used to be from 0.3% to 0.7%, no it's 0.7% to 1.0%. He's maintaining his lead, and slightly drawing further ahead.

Old 10-28-2012, 10:04 AM

24,813 posts, read 24,481,390 times
One more time for the peanut gallery

National polls don't mean ****.....

Old 10-28-2012, 10:07 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,964,271 times
He is still 2 points down in Ohio and cannot win the presidency without Ohio. I foresee Republicans bitching about one of the last few remnants of federalism after this election.

Old 10-28-2012, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
He is still 2 points down in Ohio and cannot win the presidency without Ohio. I foresee Republicans bitching about one of the last few remnants of federalism after this election.
I see it as a set up as a complaint of voter fraud.

Romney wins, great. Romney loses "Obama stole the election"

Old 10-28-2012, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
I see it as a set up as a complaint of voter fraud.

Romney wins, great. Romney loses "Obama stole the election"
I see a lot of liberals making up things conservatives never said, announcing they said them (or even siller, will say them), and bashing them for it.

In other words, increasing liberal desperation and panic, so much that they are now venturing into mind-reading and clairvoyance to find some way to denigrate conservatives.

Old 10-28-2012, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
I see a lot of liberals making up things conservatives never said, announcing they said them (or even siller, will say them), and bashing them for it.

In other words, increasing liberal desperation and panic, so much that they are now venturing into mind-reading and clairvoyance to find some way to denigrate conservatives.
Show me where, I'd like to see it?

When 11 out of 15 polls show Obama with a 3 to 5 point advantage in Ohio, and a 2 point advantage in Iowa and Wisconsin, I'd say he has a better chance of winning.

The constant "national poll" arguments that are being made ignore the fact that, national votes don't mean anything.

And I have the staunch feeling you'll hear out of Republicans, if Romney loses, that Obama somehow stole the election and isn't the ligitimate President, if he wins the electoral vote, and Romney wins the popular.

Old 10-28-2012, 10:25 AM

38,706 posts, read 26,515,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
One more time for the peanut gallery

National polls don't mean ****.....

Rasmussen and Gallup have historically been the most accurate presidential polls.

Both have had Romney up several points since the last debate, but what may be more telling is the Gallup presidential approval poll.

This has poll has been around for a long, long time and has been a very reliable predictor of a serving president's chances of being reelected.

No sitting president has ever won a second term with a Gallup presidential approval rating below 52% on election day.

Today Obama's approval rating is a very unelectable 46%.

Gallup Daily: Obama Job Approval

I he can't get that approval rating above 52% in the next week, he'll lose.

Of course with events in Libya proving Obama has no business whatsoever in the presidency, I really don't see Bummer passing the 52% threshold.

Old 10-28-2012, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Rasmussen and Gallup have historically been the most accurate presidential polls.

Both have had Romney up several points since the last debate, but what may be more telling is the Gallup presidential approval poll.

This has poll has been around for a long, long time and has been a very reliable predictor of a serving president's chances of being reelected.

No sitting president has ever won a second term with a Gallup presidential approval rating below 52% on election day.

Today Obama's approval rating is a very unelectable 46%.

Gallup Daily: Obama Job Approval

I he can't get that approval rating above 52% in the next week, he'll lose.

Of course with events in Libya proving Obama has no business whatsoever in the presidency, I really don't see Bummer passing the 52% threshold.
I guess we'll find out in just over a week. But again, the national polls, don't mean anything.

Old 10-28-2012, 10:27 AM

38,856 posts, read 25,670,143 times
Default chickens, eggs, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
As polls start to come in after the 3rd (and last) Presidential debate, more and more of them show Mitt Romney ahead by up to 5%. The RealClearPolitics average of polls show Romney with a 1.0% lead, the biggest lead he's had this year. He is also gaining in states such as Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Michigan, while being distinctly ahead in Florida and other swing states.

And keep in mind that many of these polls are the ones that still sample far more Democrats than Republicans, though it looks likely that more Republicans will vote on Nov. 6, 2012 than Democrats, just as they did in Nov. 2010. The leads aren't huge (yet ), but they mean that if the election were held today and people voted as they responded to the polls, Romney would win.

Note for those who insist Obama won the 2nd or 3rd debates: He didn't gain any votes after any of them, and in fact continues to lose votes. What other kind of "winning" matters?

Maybe next election, Demmies.

I enjoy watching the Pubbish premature electulation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections