Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2012, 04:33 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,420,277 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by a flag of honor View Post
THATS WHY OBAMA'S PANTS HAVE BEEN ON FIRE FOR 4 YEARS.. LOL
got news for ya.. it ain't romney either..
Actually Romney has had more "pants on fire" incidents than Obama.

http://www.politifact.com/personalit...ng/pants-fire/ (Romney)
http://www.politifact.com/personalit...ng/pants-fire/ (Obama)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2012, 05:00 PM

1,824 posts, read 1,722,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BringTheContent View Post
How does it feell to know that Romney who last week had less than a 30% chance of winning this election is now down to less than 20%?

How does it feel to know that if you were planning to vote for Mitt Romney you would be better off not voting at all and going bowling instead?

I don't trust any polls. Just a slight change in the way a question is worded can change the percentages. I guess Obama likely winner. Could be very close for 2nd with Mitt Romney & Gary Johnson. I wonder if the pollsters trying to ignore Gary Johnson will consider, or even notice, that Gary now has TV ad running in NM, CO, OR, MT, ID, VT & DC: Soon, many little children will die...I'm the only candidate that won't bomb Iran.

Gary is on the ballot in 48 states (not OK & MI). Jill Stein (Green) is on ballot maybe in a few less states.

The Republicans got Gary's name removed from ballots so he was on only 34 state ballots. Fighting back cost Johnson campaign much time & money. If Gary had as big a budget as Obama & Romney, he'd win.

I'll be glad to vote for Gary Johnson as the most likeable person, with good issues positions. if Gary gets 5% of the vote, Libertarians get Major Party status & Gary gets $90 million from Feds for 2016 campaign & he won't be left out of most polls & debates. Can fiscal sanity & social tolerance win in 2016?

Romney has a hot temper & loves to say who he hates, he wants more wars & loves Big Oil. Will many people vote for him because of these things, or just because he's a Republican? Will he likely get 20%-25%? Obama, 35%-40%? Johnson 15%-20%? Stein 10%-15%? Rocky Anderson 3%? Virgil Goode 1%? I'm sure I'm wrong, but so are many polls! Might Gary Johnson & Jill Stein debate on internet Tuesday evening influence a few? Best wishes.

Old 10-28-2012, 05:01 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,420,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GJJG2012 View Post
Could be very close for 2nd with Mitt Romney & Gary Johnson.
This is the funniest thing I've read in this thread.

Look I agree with just about all of Johnson's positions and think he is a fine candidate, but this is simply delusional.

Old 10-28-2012, 06:37 PM

5,739 posts, read 6,938,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcopolo View Post
Sheeesh! Since when does opposition to the proven job-destroying agenda of Barack Obama also qualify me as a deficit-lover before 2008? I hated Bush's Medicare Part D with its deficit spending. In case you hadn't noticed, the election is about the future of America, not the past.

We differ on the role of the Republican Congress. But ask yourself this: why did the Tea Party spring up? Why did the Republican Class of 2010 get elected? And just two short years after 70% of us approved of Barack Obama on Inauguration Day. If you think a couple billionaires can inspire an entire nation to throw the Dems out of the House, you have too high an opinion of the strength of money.

Obamacare does much more than rein in insurance industry abuses. It OUTLAWED one of the few proven real-world health care cost reducers, high deductible health insurance. It OUTLAWED my ability to pay cash out of pocket for routine, recurring expenses. It said my preferred form of insurance does not even qualify as insurance. If you think our forefathers fought and died so that some day Nancy Sebillius could pick and choose who had to follow the law under threat of penalties, and who could ignore the law, you have a sadly mistaken view of our country.

I can't help but notice that you evidently agree that community banks should be put out of business just because some ideologue's idea of financial reform got passed by a Dem legislature run amok. And that it is OK if hundreds of thousands of people lose their jobs in a major expansion of the EPA. Did I get that right?
Gawd, what a Fox bubble.
* The dems never had the power to "run amok". They are stonewalled and filibustered by repubs.
* The forefathers did not "fight and die" for corporations. There is nothing in the constitution about corporations.
* Don't ask me about the teabaggers' origins. They are the congressional "useful idiots" of the corporate right. There is nothing more to say about them.
* This is the system that runs our country (embraced unanimously by conservative repubs btw).
Lobbying Database | OpenSecrets

* Community banks are out of business because of competition from the bigger banks (the republican base), not a dem legislature. Did Fox say this?
You are attempting the Romney "debate" tactic. There's a name for it which escapes me, but I can call it the "jerk-around".

Old 10-28-2012, 09:26 PM

32,080 posts, read 15,081,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
They said Ronald Reagan would start WWIII. What happened with that "prediction?"
Reagan wasn't run by the neocons. Thank god he had a mind of his own.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections