Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2012, 12:12 AM

29,094 posts, read 26,104,179 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
My question is, will Romney follow in Ryan's footsteps and wait for till after the clean up for a photo-op of Romney clearing a few treess that the campaign bought at Home Depot for the occasion?
Since that whole liberal lie has since been debunked and it has been proved that Congressman Ryan and his wife washed dirty dishes(the director of the kitchen admitted that he was misinformed) - what exactly is the point of your ridiculous post?

Don't tell me that you still believe that false story?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2012, 12:43 AM

1,303 posts, read 1,101,302 times
Romney is a selfless hero.

He donates more money than Obama, Biden, or Ryan, donated his inheritance to charity, helped out many members of his church, and now this.

He is a kind man, a true humanitarian. God bless President Romney, and God bless all of those on the East coast, y'all will be in my prayers.

Old 10-29-2012, 12:55 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,363,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyIU29 View Post
Well considering that in this case he is acting as a citizen not as the government such thinking is invalid.

And yes states rights has been under attack for a while particularly by the current administration and I as someone with family in Florida I can assure that sending categorical or even block grants to state run relief orgs who know the state better than a massive federal bureaucracy will mitigate the inefficiencies and mistakes FEMA has repeatedly made.
Do provide some examples where states rights have "been under attack for a while particularly by the current administration" besides your opinion.
You made the statement, please support it.

Old 10-29-2012, 01:00 AM

10,875 posts, read 13,855,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
My question is, will Romney follow in Ryan's footsteps and wait for till after the clean up for a photo-op of Romney clearing a few treess that the campaign bought at Home Depot for the occasion?
Big time. This is nothing but a PR stunt.

Old 10-29-2012, 03:23 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,270,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CheyDee View Post
Private citizens can not be leaders?

How do you know what he's done during numerous other disasters?

Romney shows both leadership and character.
I'll agree with that, he is a character allright!
Willard is an oppotunist, when will people see that? he says and does things to try to make himself look like he cares. Ask the people who lost their jobs when he ran BAIN CAPITAL.
You probably don't know this, but isn't FEMA one of the federal agencies he and his running mate (eddie munster) want to eliminate?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Since that whole liberal lie has since been debunked and it has been proved that Congressman Ryan and his wife washed dirty dishes(the director of the kitchen admitted that he was misinformed) - what exactly is the point of your ridiculous post?

Don't tell me that you still believe that false story?
Yeah, who washes CLEAN DISHES!

Old 10-29-2012, 04:49 AM

5,319 posts, read 9,012,780 times
If Romney was such a GENEROUS man ... he would give away MOST of his money to help those less fortunate.

Giving 10% of his money to charity because it's a Morman requirement is not the same as doing it out of free will.

See this: Tithing - Why are Mormons asked to donate 10% of their income to their Church? | Mormon.org

Romney is an OPPORTUNIST and nothing more.

Romney's use of a campaign bus for disaster relief is nothing more than a staged "photo op" to get more votes.

Find me just ONE EXAMPLE where Romney ever did anything like this in his past, during a time when he wasn't running for office?

Romney wants to eliminate FEMA, so the federal government won't be there to help disaster victims.

Here is Romney himself saying this:

Romney: Federal Disaster Relief Spending Is 'Immoral' - YouTube

Imagine if Romney were president during Hurricane Katrina ????????

Old 10-29-2012, 05:58 AM

2,654 posts, read 5,782,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CheyDee View Post
These are people who truly care about getting elected.
fixed that for you

Old 10-29-2012, 06:01 AM

25,856 posts, read 20,798,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
I'd feel better about his decision if he removed or painted over his campaign logos. Leave politicing out of a natural disaster.
Good point.

If President Obama did the same, the title of this thread would be "Obama takes advantage of storm for photo-op."
Oh, well. At least the OP is honest in his/her hypocrisy.

Old 10-29-2012, 06:11 AM

8,030 posts, read 9,083,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Leadership?
He's a private citizen putting himself in the middle of a disaster.
Yeah, that's leadership, um, no.

If he were so interested he'd have done that for the numerous other disasters we've encountered.

Grandstanding, yes; opportunist, yes.
Leadership, no.
Private citizens can't volunteer or demonstrate leadership? That's news to me. Tell that to all of the Texan citizens who donated their time, money and even their homes to Louisiana people when hurricane Katrina hit. Tell that to every private organization for helping people in need. You are seriously misguided if you think it should only be the government involved while everyone else turns a blind eye.

As far as the rest of the vitriol about Romney from you and a few others about this, it's shameful and almost I feel sorry for those who are so angry and nasty.

Old 10-29-2012, 06:15 AM

8,030 posts, read 9,083,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Good point.

If President Obama did the same, the title of this thread would be "Obama takes advantage of storm for photo-op."
Oh, well. At least the OP is honest in his/her hypocrisy.
I don't know about that.

But to anyone who looks into Romney's background and long history of volunteerism and donating, his current actions aren't surprising and wouldn't come off as simply a "campaign stunt" unless you were heavily biased against him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections