Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2012, 10:55 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,377,824 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sol11 View Post
can't even write his own comments

Neither are much worth a tinkersdamn.
First, it's "dam" not "damn". A "tinker" was a person who would travel around and make money by performing odd jobs such as repairing metals. His "dam" was used to keep his soldering material from running out from what he was repairing.

That I know this leads me to believe that you didn't really write your own comment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2012, 11:22 PM

38,696 posts, read 26,505,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Actually, he changed his name when he became an actor. He took the name Sheen to honor Bishop Fulton J. Sheen, a man he greatly admired.

Sheen is pro-life, devoutly religious and has been married to the same woman for over 50 years. Were he not a liberal the conservatives would place him on a pedestal and beg him to run for public office.

Sheen's right, BTW. Romney has no idea how regular, working people live. He was born to great wealth and will die without ever having punched a time clock or worried about his job. He's never been afraid he can't put food on the table for his family. He's never worried about how he'll pay for his kid to see a doctor. He's never had to pinch pennies to take his family to see a ball game on Saturday afternoon. His own children will never have to worry. They're all set because they have a multi-million dollar tax-free trust in place for them. Nice, huh? The Romneys have a great act. Live the life of the ultra-wealthy and make people think they're regular folk. You have to hand it to them. They know how enjoy the fruits of capitalism and use the tax code to their advantage.

Romney is a guy who chose his religion over his country and who didn't think bin Laden was worth killing. He has as much in common with the average American as the man in the moon. And he's gotten the Republican party to buy into what he's selling. P.T. Barnum would have loved the guy.

Oh yeah, I can relate to Martin Sheen.

He's just like me...

Martin Sheen Net Worth | Celebrity Net Worth

I can't trust that Romney guy because he has more money than ordinary Americans like Martin Sheen and I have.

Old 10-29-2012, 11:28 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,411,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Actually, he changed his name when he became an actor. He took the name Sheen to honor Bishop Fulton J. Sheen, a man he greatly admired.

Oh, yeah. Good old Bishop Sheen....

Bishop Sheen Condemns Communists - YouTube

Old 10-29-2012, 11:59 PM

23,655 posts, read 17,585,621 times
I see Sheen is following in the other Obama Catholics footsteps. Sheen is Catholic just like Bidden, Pelosi and Sebelius. They all support Obama and say they are good, practicing Catholics when they are just hypocrites. They all need to speak to their bishops.

Old 10-30-2012, 12:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
Oh, yeah. Good old Bishop Sheen....

Bishop Sheen Condemns Communists - YouTube

He condemns communists. Are you saying he would condemn Obama as well? I think you are right.

Old 10-30-2012, 12:15 AM

3,448 posts, read 3,142,944 times
Sheen spent his whole life as a well known party machine...punching out reporters, arrested 70 times...trespassing on military property on numerous occasion . He's a nutball that would do anything to get in the spot light. These kinds are out of touch with reality on everything, want all the attention and think where ever they go they are the leading male. About Biden...he went up to the father on that day, of the hero and said in a loud voice...something like, your son must have big balls, to the fathers horror obviously. A rude disgusting crude guy... These people would embarrass parents as 10 year olds and exist in their own demented fantasy world. These types would be quirks in the system, misfits who would always be a menace to society no matter what they did......They would be happier and so would the world out in the bush chopping wood or trapping... setting up bowling pins out in the country....anything where there is zero managing related responsibility with FULL supervision.

Last edited by stargazzer; 10-30-2012 at 12:29 AM..

Old 10-30-2012, 12:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stargazzer View Post
Sheen spent his whole life as a well known party machine...punching out reporters, arrested 70 times...trespassing on military property on numerous occasion . He's a nutball that would do anything to get in the spot light. These kinds are out of touch with reality on everything, want all the attention and think where ever they go they are the leading male. Biden went up to the father on that day, of the hero and said in a loud voice...something like, your son must have big balls, to the fathers horror, obviously. These people would embarrass parents of 10 year olds and exist in their own demented fantasy world. A person can say anything.
Bidden seems to be losing it the closer to the election we get. I am wondering if the man is on something.

Old 10-30-2012, 12:34 AM

20,169 posts, read 24,411,585 times
Now, now. Bishop Sheen was no worse than Father Coughlin.

And Martin Sheen is no worse than Alec Baldwin, the well-known near-Canadian.

Old 10-30-2012, 12:42 AM

3,448 posts, read 3,142,944 times
re Janelle 144...never thought of that, thanks I'm going to have a closer look and wouldn't be surprised, he's got many walls up and rarely shows like a normal thinking person.

Old 10-30-2012, 01:31 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,363,063 times
It doesn't matter if I agree or not.
Sheen's an actor, he has the same right to his opinion as everyone else, it's just that he gets media play.

He's not special and his vote counts as one just like the rest of ours.

Now about the racist comments by the regulars: He never tried to hide his heritage, his son is Emilio Estevez.
Never hear of screen names?
What a lame argument... Celebrities Real Names (Birth Names) and Celebrity Given Names from Zelo.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections