Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-30-2012, 07:01 AM

1,291 posts, read 2,898,905 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus Christ Superstar View Post
The writing is on the wall with these numbers. Obama can't break 50% in the polls and it is a given that Romney will win the election.

In U.S., 15% of Registered Voters Have Already Cast Ballots

Romney currently leads Obama 52% to 45% among voters who say they have already cast their ballots. However, that is comparable to Romney's 51% to 46% lead among all likely voters in Gallup's Oct. 22-28 tracking polling.

Romney leads 51% to 45% among the much larger group of voters who plan to vote on Election Day, Nov. 6.
Maybe there is hope for America! It's time for Mr. Change to take a bus back to his homeland.
Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2012, 07:13 AM

7,629 posts, read 16,475,805 times
Voted for Romney as well....not my FIRST choice, but most certainly the lesser of the evils......maybe it would be more correct to say I voted AGAINST Obama vs FOR Romney.....

Old 10-30-2012, 07:28 AM

78,644 posts, read 60,823,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
When was the last time you were in a nursing home? Many are lucky if they still remember their name.
And having lived in Chicago, they've already all voted......that's how the machine rolls.

Old 10-30-2012, 07:40 AM

6,721 posts, read 5,210,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
Are you saying that ALL African Americans in NC are voting for Obama?? that seems a little racist to me!
Why, up until the 2008 general election 100% of white voters cast votes for a white prez candidate. You saying they were all racists?

Old 10-30-2012, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Thank you, finally a leftist has stated that obama has been campaigning for the last 4 years and not doimg his elected job.
OFA, ORGANIZING FOR AMERICA, has been working the last four years. Many of their 2008 offices never closed and they have been actively building a activist and volunteer network. While you teabagger goons were taking headline and fillerbustering everything you were being snookered by an organizing effort never seen before in American politics.

Don't confuse OFA with Obama for America, they are allied but NOT structurally the same.

Old 10-30-2012, 08:24 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,936,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus Christ Superstar View Post
The writing is on the wall with these numbers. Obama can't break 50% in the polls and it is a given that Romney will win the election.

In U.S., 15% of Registered Voters Have Already Cast Ballots

Romney currently leads Obama 52% to 45% among voters who say they have already cast their ballots. However, that is comparable to Romney's 51% to 46% lead among all likely voters in Gallup's Oct. 22-28 tracking polling.

Romney leads 51% to 45% among the much larger group of voters who plan to vote on Election Day, Nov. 6.
I wish this was true, but when are people going to realize, regardless of what side you are on, no votes will be counted until election day or even the following day..Exit polls are not accurate and I have never seen one done prior to the election for the same reason; results can influence voters who have not yet gone to the polls. so, what is being said can be taken with a grain of salt.

Old 10-30-2012, 08:28 AM

1,672 posts, read 1,774,849 times
Being these results are based off the Gallup daily tracking results, I wouldn't trust them.

Heck Gallup is at the bottom of my "trust" list due to the stastical craziness with their method (with wild swings favoring Obama or Romney depending on the day).

Old 10-30-2012, 08:29 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,936,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paka View Post
Voted for Romney as well....not my FIRST choice, but most certainly the lesser of the evils......maybe it would be more correct to say I voted AGAINST Obama vs FOR Romney.....
here is my feelings on the race:

We have 2 choices and I am not basing this on my leanings (right or left) On one side we have a candidate who was not prepared for the job, knows nothing about business and has not solved the problems but he thought he could. he also can not work with both sides, who is at fault has nothing to do with this. He just can't. Our economic concerns should be number 1 at this time. We have another candidate that has a lot of business experience and has proven, when he was a governor, he can work with both sides. To me, it seems obvious giving candidate number 2 a chance is the only was to go. If he fails, we can fire him in 2016.

Old 10-30-2012, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
here is my feelings on the race:

We have 2 choices and I am not basing this on my leanings (right or left) On one side we have a candidate who was not prepared for the job, knows nothing about business and has not solved the problems but he thought he could. he also can not work with both sides, who is at fault has nothing to do with this. He just can't. Our economic concerns should be number 1 at this time. We have another candidate that has a lot of business experience and has proven, when he was a governor, he can work with both sides. To me, it seems obvious giving candidate number 2 a chance is the only was to go. If he fails, we can fire him in 2016.
You should educate yourself on this "governor that worked with both sides", I don't think 800 plus veto overrides is working with others. Mittens is a one term governor for a reason, he is despised in mass.

As for being a business man, being a vulture picking off the wealth of weak companies and discarding the carcass isn't being successful. Greed does NOT equal success. Stamping out ppl's jobs and screwing others isn't building, it is tearing down. Mittens is what is wrong with America.

Old 10-30-2012, 08:41 AM

3,620 posts, read 3,844,226 times
polls like this are why i ignore national trackers.

focus on the state polls fellas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections